07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g29ZNB8lb_c

motoko013
07-22-2008, 05:49 PM
those farmers were pretty crazy.

weasel
07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
nice...especially the farmers

wish my driveway was that long i cant do farmers at my house but one of my lifting buddies has a huge driveway like that.

ljs102
07-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Your friend at the end of the vid says it all, haha.

cphafner
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Form looks scary on those. Almost more like GMs rather than squats. Why do you not squat in the rack?

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Form looks scary on those. Almost more like GMs rather than squats. Why do you not squat in the rack?
I agree. The squat form looks awful. While you drive with your legs to move your hips upward, your chest should be coming up at the same pace- your hips shouldn't be moving up first, forcing your upper body to catch up. You're placing ridiculous and unnecessary stress on your lower back.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
those farmers were pretty crazy.
thanks.

nice...especially the farmers

wish my driveway was that long i cant do farmers at my house but one of my lifting buddies has a huge driveway like that.
its my mothers house, im only 16 and am not a home-owner

Your friend at the end of the vid says it all, haha.
thats my big brother

1. I know i cant help it though
2.when i put my squat briefs on, my feet are too wide.

I agree. The squat form looks awful. While you drive with your legs to move your hips upward, your chest should be coming up at the same pace- your hips shouldn't be moving up first, forcing your upper body to catch up. You're placing ridiculous and unnecessary stress on your lower back.
i know my back is wayyy stronger then my legs, i have to work on some form.

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
thanks.
1. I know i cant help it though
Yes you can. Reduce the weight until you can handle it properly.

i know my back is wayyy stronger then my legs, i have to work on some form.It seems to me that if your back was strong enough, you'd be able to maintain proper form. Reduce the weight.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes you can. Reduce the weight until you can handle it properly.

It seems to me that if your back was strong enough, you'd be able to maintain proper form. Reduce the weight.

1. I dont usually go heavier then 250 raw cuz i go into briefs were i can go out wider and dont bend over.

2.no its more flexibilty issuse but like i said dont usually go heavier raw due to this very issue and i am not going to compete raw.

markdk86
07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
1. I dont usually go heavier then 250 raw cuz i go into briefs were i can go out wider and dont bend over.

2.no its more flexibilty issuse but like i said dont usually go heavier raw due to this very issue and i am not going to compete raw.

This is still a problem you need to correct.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
This is still a problem you need to correct.

I don't want to come off wrong, but why?

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Can you go with perfect form with 135 instead of 250? If you can, it's not a flexibility issue. Your suit doesn't add flexibility. You are simply using too much weight, imo.

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't want to come off wrong, but why?Because by squatting with ****ty form you put yourself at much higher risk of injury. Why do you think form is so highly emphasized in weightlifting? Quality > quantity.

markdk86
07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Because by squatting with ****ty form you put yourself at much higher risk of injury. Why do you think form is so highly emphasized in weightlifting? Quality > quantity.

Exactly. The video and the form you are using simply shows you are using too much weight. To me you look like you are leaning too far forward when squatting. You are 16, you have plenty of time to correct this problem and surpass the weights you are trying to squat now.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Because by squatting with ****ty form you put yourself at much higher risk of injury. Why do you think form is so highly emphasized in weightlifting? Quality > quantity.

i dont have bad form in briefs, maybe ill cut out all raw work

BigCorey75
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
yeah bro, believe it or not, your back and core mainly is the weakness

ur hips are flying way up to fast and ur back and core cant keep ur upper body at the pace, plus id correct this, adding a suit will not help this problem it will only make it worse

for your sake and health, work on form and get ur core stronger before going higher weight

markdk86

Because the briefs are helping you to alleviate some of that weight and therefore have better form. Think about it...

TwiloMike
Maybe instead of running away from the problem you should address it. Learn to squat raw with proper form. Reduce the weight and work your way up to that 250 with proper form.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Your suit doesn't add flexibility.

i know, i am not an idiot. when my feet are wider(equipped) i dont bend over much at all, esp. when i squat in monolift.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Maybe instead of running away from the problem you should address it. Learn to squat raw with proper form. Reduce the weight and work your way up to that 250 with proper form.

why waste my time i am never doing a raw comp.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Because the briefs are helping you to alleviate some of that weight and therefore have better form. Think about it...

not when you add 250lbs to your raw max

markdk86
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
I used to squat 315 for a few reps with HORRIBLE form, given some months later with proper form I gained up to 405x2, just fix the problem.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I used to squat 315 for a few reps with HORRIBLE form, given some months later with proper form I gained up to 405x2, just fix the problem.

i am not in it for a huge raw squat, i can have perfect form raw, but the next day i have sciatic type pain form an injury last august

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
i know, i am not an idiot.
Then don't defend bad form.

when my feet are wider(equipped) i dont bend over much at all, esp. when i squat in monolift.Then do your raw squatting also wider and do it RAW. Learn to do it right before you start using assistance toys. Look at it this way: by not developing the proper technique and core/back strength you are more likely to be injured than competing.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Then do your raw squatting also wider and do it RAW. Learn to do it right before you start using assistance toys. Look at it this way: by not developing the proper technique and core/back strength you are more likely to be injured than competing.

i get glute pain

BigCorey75
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM
here is why u need to focus on raw form

cause its tougher to keep good form in a a suit

the suit does not add protection to bad form

if u squat with ****ty form raw ur going to squat ****ty in a suit

and as the weight gets heavier in the suited comp the chances for serious injury go way way up

so honestly, check your ego at the door kid, learn to squat with better form raw and youll do way way better in ur suited competitions

TwiloMike
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM
i get glute pain

Because...? We're back to the same issue: figure out why, eliminate the issue, and you'll be better for it in the end.

markdk86
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I looked at your video WITH briefs, and your form is not much better, not to mention you don't make parallel on one or two of the attempts. It really looks like a weak core. I'm not trying to tear your down. You are young and have potential, we are just trying to help.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:39 PM
here is why u need to focus on raw form

cause its tougher to keep good form in a a suit

the suit does not add protection to bad form

if u squat with ****ty form raw ur going to squat ****ty in a suit

and as the weight gets heavier in the suited comp the chances for serious injury go way way up

so honestly, check your ego at the door kid, learn to squat with better form raw and youll do way way better in ur suited competitions
my coach says my form is looking good in breifs, he says way way better thn when i started lifting with the frantz team

Because...? We're back to the same issue: figure out why, eliminate the issue, and you'll be better for it in the end.
i cant just get rid of what the doctor call a "micro tear"

I looked at your video WITH briefs, and your form is not much better, not to mention you don't make parallel on one or two of the attempts. It really looks like a weak core. I'm not trying to tear your down. You are young and have potential, we are just trying to help.ill make depth when it count sometimes in order to hit paralel i have to bend over my coach say just go as low as you can without bending over i hit over 500 this weekend in briefs only 1" or so from passing in a comp (i train with apf judges)

markdk86
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Ya know what, do what you want. Take the advice given in this thread when you want to fix the issue.

strongkid963
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Ya know what, do what you want. Take the advice given in this thread when you want to fix the issue.

ok may be awhile but i hear ya!

btw: my core is NOT weak i have done 460+ beltless sldl and loaded 340 lb atlas stones and did 60 situps in a minute, i am not saying this "to get cookie in the mail" i am just explaining, now knee wraps make my form better yet knee wraps having nothing to do with "core strength", your lucky i am resting for a comp right now or id got hit some heavy decline situps RIGHT NOW. lol (no mad)

samj
07-23-2008, 05:06 AM
the sayin listen to your elders wasnt a joke. You are really strong but your going to wake up one morning with a serious injury

markdk86
07-23-2008, 06:21 AM
ok may be awhile but i hear ya!

btw: my core is NOT weak i have done 460+ beltless sldl and loaded 340 lb atlas stones and did 60 situps in a minute, i am not saying this "to get cookie in the mail" i am just explaining, now knee wraps make my form better yet knee wraps having nothing to do with "core strength", your lucky i am resting for a comp right now or id got hit some heavy decline situps RIGHT NOW. lol (no mad)

And if you had a stronger core you would be able to improve on this even more.

TwiloMike
07-23-2008, 07:33 AM
i cant just get rid of what the doctor call a "micro tear"
Micro tears heal. This is where you swallow your pride and lift lighter weight but still keep correct form.

What was your purpose for posting the vid, to get constructive criticism or to get stroked?

Ben Moore
07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Chris you really need to take a look at your form. Next time video from the side.

Travis Bell
07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
bending over will not help you get to depth. it will actually bring your hips a little higher.

a 460 sldl does not necessairly mean you have a strong core, it means you've got some good hammies but I'd agree with others, work on your core

strongkid963
07-23-2008, 10:48 AM
bending over will not help you get to depth. it will actually bring your hips a little higher.

a 460 sldl does not necessairly mean you have a strong core, it means you've got some good hammies but I'd agree with others, work on your core

ok ill add core work, i do none as of now.