PDA

View Full Version : $27 for shipping = no opticen for me

Fukes12
07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Well i just signed up for At Large and wanted to place an order for Opticen and a Turbo Shaker. Unfortunately because im in Canada it was going to cost $27 to ship it here.

I really want to try this stuff but to spend $27 to ship an order worth $49 is way too much.

Any chance of having the option for slower/cheaper shipping to Canada in the future?

chris mason
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
No, I am sorry, but Canada is just a tough country to deal with from a shipping perspective.

Travis Bell
07-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Maybe order more supplements when you have more funds to make the shipping worth your while? Either way, thats a bummer man

Fukes12
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
No, I am sorry, but Canada is just a tough country to deal with from a shipping perspective.

Yea i have had other American companies tell me the same. Its too bad i was looking forward to trying this product, it sounds like a popular one at Wannabebig.

Maybe order more supplements when you have more funds to make the shipping worth your while? Either way, thats a bummer man

I was thinking the same thing. Ill have to crunch the numbers one day, or find a few friends and put in a major order.

Hmmm... i think i just discovered At Large's business plan. Make shipping expensive so us Canadians have to buy in Massive quantities. :)

thewicked
07-22-2008, 09:26 PM
i'd say just get a big ass order together by yourself or have your friends throw down and get it all at once. If you buy enough to last you a few months or even a year, it's not like the protien will go bad.

Fukes12
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
i'd say just get a big ass order together by yourself or have your friends throw down and get it all at once. If you buy enough to last you a few months or even a year, it's not like the protien will go bad.

Yea, i just looked again and the shipping is partially based on weight. So im not sure how much it will go up depending on how many more lbs of powder i get but im definately going to check into it. Im hoping that the majority of the $27 is a fixed rate and a little depending on the weight of the shipment.

Travis Bell
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Hmmm... i think i just discovered At Large's business plan. Make shipping expensive so us Canadians have to buy in Massive quantities. :)

LOL, actually I think its customs that makes it so expensive but I know you were joking anyways haha

BFGUITAR
07-22-2008, 10:37 PM
LOL, actually I think its customs that makes it so expensive but I know you were joking anyways haha

Because of course, AtLarge supplements are a danger to Canada's economy... lol

Ripe1
07-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm going to exploit this thread. Does AtLarge have a European distributor? I haven't even bothered with looking at the possibility of shipping your products here because 1) the shipping costs would be huge and 2) more than likely the customs wouldn't let them through because I'd need some lab certificates. Both of these would be gone if there was a distributor inside the EU.

zen
07-24-2008, 06:06 AM
I know that customs can be a bit of a hassle for this shipping companies, but I have a suspicion that they are overblowing it a little and exploiting it. Really, it's more about paperwork than it is about anything else. It is my understanding that they rarely if ever stop the trucks at the border unless they have tracked something suspicious with documentation.

Travis Bell
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm going to exploit this thread. Does AtLarge have a European distributor? I haven't even bothered with looking at the possibility of shipping your products here because 1) the shipping costs would be huge and 2) more than likely the customs wouldn't let them through because I'd need some lab certificates. Both of these would be gone if there was a distributor inside the EU.

There is no European distributor at this time but I know Daniel has his stuff shipped over from here so maybe he'll have some tips on it. where in Europe are you at?

chris mason
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
We have actually had quite good luck shipping to Europe in terms of people not having problems receiving the products etc.

As Travis stated, we do not have a european distributor.

Chris

Ripe1
07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm in Finland. Here the customs stop every shipment coming from a non-EU country if it's worth more than $75, and that is the product+shipping. And from there you start adding the taxes and with good luck you need to show the exact list of ingredients to see that they are all EU approved. Some American products sold in Europe are a little watered down versions thank to EU laws.

kevowamo
07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
ship it to a PO in the U.S., then drive over...soak in the fact that america rocks, pick up your powder, drive back. but i really dont know how far away from the border you are. that could be a stupid idea, but and idea none the less

Travis Bell
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
soak in the fact that america rocks

LOL Funniest post I've seen in awhile!

thats actually a good idea if a person wasn't too far from the border. You'd have to add in the cost of gas of course

ZenMonkey
08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
seriously though, the product quality is of the highest there is and the customer service is always fantastic. if you aren't far from the border you could calculate the distance and figure out which is cheaper. you could do that in bulk too... ** imagines driving across the border in an old converted mail truck with about 1000lbs of protein powder in tubs of all different sizes piled high and stuffed in. i wonder how many maximus tubs it would take to fill a mail truck... contest idea?

Rusty
08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Chris, when the hell are you going to get a Canadian distributor?

chris mason
08-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Chris, when the hell are you going to get a Canadian distributor?

Not any time soon, I'm afraid.

Hanlon
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
I personally bought two tubs of creatine, and the price plus shipping almost added up to the price of the usual creatine that I would go to GNC to buy.

Hanlon
11-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I have been using the creatine 500 for about a 6 days now, and have noticed gains in my lifting getting that extra rep in that I couldn't do before.. I will definitely be purchasing it in 200 days.