PDA

View Full Version : Florida lifters

BFGUITAR
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Anyone here live in the Ft. Lauderdale area? I go there often for vacation and don't have any good lifting facilities. If possible, I would be happy to take down someone's email if they would be willing to have a newb workout with them lol.

Lones Green
07-23-2008, 03:18 AM
i know there are some strong guys in tampa.

HP666
07-23-2008, 07:56 AM
i know there are some strong guys in tampa.

Good ****ing Death Metal too.

Lones Green
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Good ****ing Death Metal too.

i second that!

"its clobberin' time" is that a sick of it all reference?

Justin Ryan
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I live in florida! not near ft. lauderdale though... I live in Ocala!

Tom Mutaffis
07-23-2008, 11:57 AM
I live in Ft. Lauderdale, you can come and train with me when you're in town.

Right now I do my gym lifts at Gold's Gym in Sunrise (they allow suits, chalk, deadlifting, etc.) and Strongman training on Saturdays with Heath Allison and Henry Cervenka, both Heavyweight Professional Strongmen who live here as well.

Just shoot me a PM next time that you'll be in town and we can figure something out.

Ben Moore
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Tom - welcome man!

For all that don't know - Tom is a GREAT am strongman and one of the strongest 215lb guys I know.

Tom Mutaffis
07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey Tom - welcome man!

For all that don't know - Tom is a GREAT am strongman and one of the strongest 215lb guys I know.

Thanks Ben - was actually turned on to this site through your signature on another board, and now amd going to be working with AtLarge for my supplement program. Definitely excited to see what kind of gains I can achieve!

BFGUITAR
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks Tom! I should be heading to Florida this winter and I will definately contact you. I am hoping to learn something! I have never done anything strongman and am curious to see what the training is like, would it be possible for me to watch what you guys do?

How far are your workout locations from the Hallandale beach ball water tower?

Twirl
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Yo justin im just south of you in the villages, but I train in Belleview, where do you train? All the up and comings in central fla. unite! Lol

Tom Mutaffis
07-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks Tom! I should be heading to Florida this winter and I will definately contact you. I am hoping to learn something! I have never done anything strongman and am curious to see what the training is like, would it be possible for me to watch what you guys do?

How far are your workout locations from the Hallandale beach ball water tower?

Hallendale is basically North Miami so I am about 1/2 hour from there, not too far. The strongman training facility is about the same distance but much easier to get to since it is right off of I-95. Let me know when you are in town and we can coordinate from there.

Eric Downey
07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks Ben - was actually turned on to this site through your signature on another board, and now amd going to be working with AtLarge for my supplement program. Definitely excited to see what kind of gains I can achieve!

Tom the Results and the ETS are a must for any strength athlete. My over all endurance alone speaks for itself. Also ill be attempting a 75lb PR this weekend. Ive been taking the Results for about 12 weeks now. Good luck

Tom Mutaffis
07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Tom the Results and the ETS are a must for any strength athlete. My over all endurance alone speaks for itself. Also ill be attempting a 75lb PR this weekend. Ive been taking the Results for about 12 weeks now. Good luck

I have a bottle of the RESULTS on it's way so hopefully it will kick in before Strongman Nationals - this is the first year that they are doing a two day contest, which will definitely make things interesting.

Good luck with your training! Sounds like you're making some solid gains...

strongkid963
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
this is the first year that they are doing a two day contest, which will definitely make things interesting.

i thought that you only went to day 2 if you maid the top ten of your weight class though.

Rusty
07-24-2008, 01:16 PM
There's a good chance I'll be in Florida (Ocala area) from January to April. Since I procrastinate, I'll probably start looking for a PL gym sometime in december. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.

Ruffian
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
im down in orlando about 3/4 times per year.... I can let you know when Im down if you wanna meet up!

BFGUITAR
07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Awesome, if you are going to Florida some time post it here!

Ruffian where in Canada do you live?

Ruffian
07-27-2008, 10:40 PM
SAskatchewan.... The nice flat one in the middle of the country :)

BFGUITAR
07-28-2008, 01:02 PM
SAskatchewan.... The nice flat one in the middle of the country :)

Yeh the only one with smooth borders :P It's like they just felt like making another province lol.

Ruffian
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey dont diss it :P SK Kicks some serious but... .Especially in football :)

nhlfan
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey dont diss it :P SK Kicks some serious but... .Especially in football :)

5-0!

:highfive:

HP666
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
i second that!

"its clobberin' time" is that a sick of it all reference?

HA!! No, just Thing actually.