PDA

View Full Version : sprinting

munderw00
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I recently found out that I am hella slow in sprints lol. I would like to dedicate at least one day a week to a sprint workout to increase my speeds. Do any of you have a routine you could send me? Thanks

Willie
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
My "program" for sprinting is very "seat-of-the-pants."
I call it "8 straights".

On a 1/4 mile track, I start with an easy two-lap jog.

Then, as I hit the first straight section, I sprint the straight as fast as I can, then slow down and jog/walk the curve, taking 30 seconds (not more), then sprint the straight, and repeat until I have run "8 straights."

I have experienced exercise-induced vomiting on the last two or three straights, because by the time I get to them, the 30 second rest is not enough to bring my heart rate back down.

Then I do a two lap cool-down jog. A slow jog. Think "airborne shuffle."

2 total miles.

weasel
07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
friend of mine is on the "speedster" program and it's doing wonders on him but it would be a few days a week not one day.

what i do sometimes it's kidna similar to willies. I jog a 100 then go do all the mystretching and such. then i get a good jog/run pace going around the track i go that pace for 3/4 of a lap (300) then I SPRINT the rest of the lap (100) and do that for a mile and half-2 miles.... after that if possible I like get some 40's in. SPRINT the 40 and get yourself a little rest then repeat a few times.

i have links and stuff to bring up your 40 time and bring up sprint times but basically all of them require more than 1 day a week. cant you do it 2-3 days a week at least? i mean shouldn't even be a full hour of your time on days your doing it.

munderw00
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
yeah multiple days is fine, i just dont want it to interfere with my lifting schedule.

Monday: Ripptoes A
Tuesday: Ripptoes B
Wednesday: Free
Thursday: Ripptoes A
Friday: Ripptoes B
Saturday:Free
Sunday:Ripptoes A(or B depending on week)

will this hurt my rest days? agian thanks willie and weasel

weasel
07-23-2008, 12:30 AM
http://www.brianmac.co.uk/dash.htm

heres one for working up your 40 time (good distance to time sprints at)
for you just ignore the lifting they suggest and keep your lifting routine but try to do most if not all the running on there.

as i mentioned my friend loves his speedster stuff but it was costly if i remember so honestly i reccommend it if you have plenty of cash to spare and honestly need to up your time (he's a receiver and CB he really needs to up his sprint and speed)

a good HIIT routine should help http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html

weasel
07-23-2008, 01:09 AM
had a little time and I edited and messed with thier HIIT routine and made one if you wanna use it here it is.thiers you kinda just dive in and have to adapt QUICK this one goes a little slower at first and give you time to adjust to it.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/weasel348/CustomMadeHIIT.jpg

i've been jump ropeing lately i'm gonna start a HIIT jump-rope routine they have soem made i figure i'll just make one or edit on thiers figure it'll be fun to add onto my running and stuff.

have fun and good luck with upping your sprint. you should run some times 40's (electronically if you can if not have a friend hand time you and tell him be as accurate as he can and not be buddying you and shortening your time. then you can post your progress on it like i did on my 2 mile running)