PDA

View Full Version : Diet Advice/Help Please

Shiba
07-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Hello everyone. I recently signed up to work out with a trainer at my local gym. He gave me a diet that I have been following and have been pretty happy with. The problem is my BF% does not seem to be going down at all nor is my weight. I see changes taking place with my body but they are not showing on the statistics. I started about 2 months ago and I work out 4 times a week and do 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week (typically on an elliptical). My main goal right now is to get my BF% down to approx 15% which would obviously require me to cut. If possible, I would like to maintain or gain muscle at the same time even though I understand it is hard to do.

Here are my details:
Age 35
Gender Male
Weight 178
Height 59
BF% - 21%

My Diet
(Calories) (Fat) (Carbs) (Protein)

6am
Animal Cuts (0) (0) (0) (0)
Animal Pak (0) (0) (0) (0)
BCAA AAC 10 Grams (0) (0) (0) (0)
Whole Wheat Toast 1 Slice (60) (0) (9) (5)
Isopure Zero Carb Shake 2 Scoops (200) (0) (0) (50)

9am
Supreme Protein Bar 1 Bar (360) (16) (24) (30)

11am
Animal Cuts 2nd Dose (0) (0) (0) (0)

12pm
Turkey Breast Sandwich on Whole Wheat Lettuce/Mustard Only (325) (4) (14) (53)

3pm

5:30
Animal Pump (0) (0) (0) (0)

6pm
Workout
Chicken Breasts 2 Breasts (480) (12) (0) (88)
Fresh Steam Broccoli 1 Cup (50) (0) (10) (6)
BCAA AAC 10 Grams (0) (0) (0) (0)
(Above on training days only, otherwise it is at 9pm)

9pm

TOTALS
(2075 Calories) (32 Fat) (57 Carbs) (382 Protein)

Some days I will have fish or steak for dinner instead of chicken. And sometimes I will have a chicken breast for lunch instead of the sandwich. But all in all I do not think that changes much but may be wrong. Also, I will be adding Animal Omega this week once my order arrives. Yes I know, my supplement/protein bill is huge each month. LOL

After typing this up and calculating it all, it looks as if I need more fat and less protein. Maybe I am wrong, thus why I am hear seeking advice. If you all could help me and make any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

TheGMan
07-23-2008, 07:57 AM
if i were you i would cut down on so many supplements, i try to get all the protein and other food i need thorugh food then use the supplement to "supplement" my eating - if you can afford it great go for it but it must be killing your back pocket?

How long have you been training?

How advanced are you?

I would suggest to lose BF then less calories, keep the carbs down but protein and fat high (your protein seems extremely hign unless i am thinking UK units and not american) then try and incorporate 2 sesisons of HIIT a week, this will make you sweat like there is no tomorrow, i have been doing this for a few weeks now and i can see the difference!

Good luck buddy

FireRescue
07-24-2008, 06:01 AM
I agree, protein seems a bit high and fats seems a bit low. I think you should definitely consider adding some EFA's

azma
07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
you're right, protein is too high. cut that to ~180g/day. your calorie total looks good, but, if you still don't drop weight after restructuring your diet to increase fats and carbs and decrease protein, you should consider lowering your calorie intake.

also, supreme protein bars are freakin delicious.

how intense is your cardio?

Shiba
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I need to take my carbs up too??? My cardio varies... I try to fix it up every other day. One day being intense and the other being a standard pace.

I am going to drop the protein some and bring up my fat slightly and then give that a try. My Animal Omega arrived today so that hould help as well. I am cycling off my Animal Cuts this week but will be back on them again next week.

Any other thoughts???