PDA

View Full Version : How would I get a flatter stomach?

Christian
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi there :)

I am a 16 year old boy who is 185 cms tall and weighs 83 kilos. My stomach + boobs arent exactly too sexy, so I would like to make it flatter somehow. Here is a few pictures of it :P

it didnt allow me to post the links because this is my first post, so I have made some spaces between the letters to bypass that... sorry, but I dont want to make 10 posts just to post the pictures... I dont have anything to add to the forums.

http: //i37. tinypic. com/15yz15g.jpg
http: //i35. tinypic. com/2hegih0.jpg

I was told on another forum that I should take my BMR + 300 calories and begin doing pushups and stomach curls (or whatever they are called in english.). They said loosing weight would not be the right thing for me. Is this correct? I have also been thinking about going to a gym, but I havent been to one before and wouldnt know what to do! I dont really know anybody that goes to a gym regularly. :(

Please help me get sexyer. :) thanks a lot.

markdk86
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Fitday.com, track calories, start lifting and cut calories. Simple.

Christian
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Fitday.com, track calories, start lifting and cut calories. Simple.

but can you gain muscles if you eat less than you burn?

Can I get my boobs "tighter" by lifting hand weights? And then work the stomach with pushups and curls?

And how much should I start out with? (training)

strongkid963
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
but can you gain muscles if you eat less than you burn?

sure if you are a beginner or have a "special advantage"

WBBIRL
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
What you want to do is just lean out a little bit.

You CANT just lose fat from one area

You wont lean out without dropping your calories below your BMR

Your boobs won't "tighten", you'll lose the fat thats covering them.

Track everything you put in your face, everything and monitor your weight on the scale vs the amount of calories you eat. Then all you need to do is make changes in accordance with whats going on in your weight.

weasel
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
track calories and what you eat. cut out obvious bad things (pop and such)

start lifting and do some cardio stuff (there are HIIT programs just for loseing weight fast(er) that look pretty good.

you cant just lose moobs. you have to lower your whole overall body fat.

sometimes it just happens heck i still gotta little moob left but my gut has cut down a bunch and i feel a lot better, but i put in around 15miles a week and i keep track of what i eat.get a good routine going and stick with it dont jsut slack and do it every few days 5X5 workout routines are good like bill stars, or ripptoes ss programs.

a HIIT routine will help you in lowering your body fat % http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html

here's one i made it goes a little slower for newer people and gives them a period to adjsut longer http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/weasel348/CustomMadeHIIT.jpg

and yes you can/will gain muscle while your burning fat.

WBBIRL
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
track calories and what you eat. cut out obvious bad things (pop and such)

start lifting and do some cardio stuff (there are HIIT programs just for loseing weight fast(er) that look pretty good.

you cant just lose moobs. you have to lower your whole overall body fat.

sometimes it just happens heck i still gotta little moob left but my gut has cut down a bunch and i feel a lot better, but i put in around 15miles a week and i keep track of what i eat.get a good routine going and stick with it dont jsut slack and do it every few days 5X5 workout routines are good like bill stars, or ripptoes ss programs.

a HIIT routine will help you in lowering your body fat % http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html

here's one i made it goes a little slower for newer people and gives them a period to adjsut longer http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/weasel348/CustomMadeHIIT.jpg

and yes you can/will gain muscle while your burning fat.

at first and for a little while, after that he probably won't gain anything worth mentioning while cutting.

Christian
07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
OK, I will look into all of this. As I see it, there is some uncertainity on wether you can gain muscle while loosing weight. But I guess training muscles is better than not training muscles! So I will be doing this:

1. Eat healthy (I have lost weight before, I know how you eat healthy.. :) )
2. Run every day with my dog. I will try the HIIT you posted. My dog will benefit too ;)
3. Do 20 pushups, 75 stomach curls, and 25 "things where I lay on my stomach and lift my head and legs up with my back" every two days before going to bath (I bathe every day, but I heard you need to let your muscles relax every two days)

By doing that for a while should give me results right? Since I have experience in weight loss (and sadly, weight gain too :evillaugh:), I should be able to manage it...

markdk86
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
OK, I will look into all of this. As I see it, there is some uncertainity on wether you can gain muscle while loosing weight. But I guess training muscles is better than not training muscles! So I will be doing this:

1. Eat healthy (I have lost weight before, I know how you eat healthy.. :) )
2. Run every day with my dog. I will try the HIIT you posted. My dog will benefit too ;)
3. Do 20 pushups, 75 stomach curls, and 25 "things where I lay on my stomach and lift my head and legs up with my back" every two days before going to bath (I bathe every day, but I heard you need to let your muscles relax every two days)

By doing that for a while should give me results right? Since I have experience in weight loss (and sadly, weight gain too :evillaugh:), I should be able to manage it...

Barely. Get a freakin' gym membership.

Christian
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Barely. Get a freakin' gym membership.

Ok, Ill look into that

weasel
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
OK, I will look into all of this. As I see it, there is some uncertainity on wether you can gain muscle while loosing weight. But I guess training muscles is better than not training muscles! So I will be doing this:.

with the "workouts" your talking about I dont see you getting results like you want. trust me if you LIFT WEIGHTS like i'm talking about you will gain muscle while your cutting. a gym membership is very worth it. doesn't your school have a "field house" or "weight room" or place where the team lifts even if your not on a sports team simply ask a coach for permission to lift there most coaches wont turn you down askign something like that.if not a gym membership can be had for not a ton of cash.

yes HIIT works pretty dang good for stuff when it done right. and eat healthy like your talking about, count callories of what you eat and keep track of it. fat wont just MELT off but you'll notice a diffrence and it wont take really that long. loseing weight will gain confidence and stuff for you as well or it did in my case anyhow.

at first and for a little while, after that he probably won't gain anything worth mentioning while cutting.
from what he's said and and what his workouts are he will gain some muscle while cutting, and by the sound of it he really isn't trying to get huge muscle gains he's wanting to lose weight and define some.

TopCat
07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
trust me if you LIFT WEIGHTS like i'm talking about you will gain muscle while your cutting.

As a newbie yes. Otherwise, no. There are not many ways in which you will gain muscle while losing fat, maybe with some very technically diets... legally that is.

Don't confuse strength with muscle as it is possible to gain strength while cutting.

ryuage
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
(I bathe every day, but I heard you need to let your muscles relax every two days)

i hope you bathe every day... and your muscles dont do work while bathing... so no need to hold off on the showers. :confused:

weasel
07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
As a newbie yes. Otherwise, no. There are not many ways in which you will gain muscle while losing fat, maybe with some very technically diets... legally that is.

Don't confuse strength with muscle as it is possible to gain strength while cutting.

ya i speaking of which about him I wasn't saying everyones gonna gain pound after pound of muscle when they doing a hard cut.Just saying personally i believe he will since from whats been said he doesn't do a ton of REAL liftin. (yet that is)

Mad Max
07-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Moderately amusing troll job. I think WBB members need to wise up to the trolls.

weasel
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Moderately amusing troll job. I think WBB members need to wise up to the trolls.

are you speaking of me?

Mad Max
07-27-2008, 08:33 AM
No the op.