PDA

View Full Version : Bulk and Cutting Length

LDIas
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm about to start my first Bulking cycle. I've already started working on a clean diet, but i was just wondering what a good time length for bulking was.

I've heard from some of the people i work with that 7-8 weeks is a good time length.

Should i just bulk until I feel i've reached my ideal weight and muscle mass?

Thanks
Luis

Gilles1975
07-24-2008, 06:13 PM
You'll need to bulk for a lot longer than 2 months to make real progress. The trick is to keep your bulk clean because the slower you add fat the longer you can make the bulk last before you reach a fat level you can't live with (which differs from person to person).
For me I couldn't go above 15% bodyfat so I bulk very clean to make my bulk last 8-9 months.

LDIas
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
If you bulk for 8-9 months how long does you cutting usually go for?

The person who told me 6-7 weeks didnt do a clean bulk. He pretty much ate whatever he could get his hands on.

What are the major differences between a clean and non-clean bulk.

If someone could link me to a previous post if theres one already.

Thanks again,

TopCat
07-24-2008, 08:16 PM
First, when your bulking it doesn't matter too much whether it is 'clean' or 'dirty'. What really counts is how far over your maintenance you go, which should be a 300ish calories. Raise it as you need to continue a controlled weight gain.

Second, how long/short you bulk/cut is TOTALLY up to you. There is no reason you can't bulk for 2 months or 2 weeks if you want to. Just be reasonable in your goals. The longer you bulk the more muscle/fat you will likely gain.

cphafner
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
bulk until you reach your goal. same thing with a cut.

LDIas
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll start my first bulk a bit 'freestyle' and as the weeks goes by measure my gains or losses and change any requirements to keep gaining.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the differences between a clean and 'non clean' bulking diet?

Thanks again for all the comments

TopCat
07-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think you will find one. Usually it refers to the quality of the food, chicken vs. McDonalds. What really matters for the most part is caloric intake. The problem with most 'dirty' bulks is that people don't realize how many calories they are taking in and go WAY over maintenance and gain a lot of fat relatively quick.

As I said, eat what you want (within reason) but be sure to watch your calories. Don't go too crazy.