PDA

View Full Version : Please Critique My Bulking Diet

skimmilk68
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
before you read, you gotta understand I don't have my own kitchen and I have to eat whatever is served at dining hall...

First thing in the morning : Ragnarok (pre workout/creatine supplement)

Breakfast: 8 hardboiled eggs, oatmeal, bagel, multi vitamin, fish oil

In between meal: Protein shake (w/ banana and peanut butter), a fruit (banana or apple)

Lunch: Whatever I'm served @ dining hall.. I try to pick chicken or beef and enough to get 1000+ calories..

In between meal: 1 or 2 fruits (banana or apple) and light protein bar

Pre Workout: Ragnarok
Post Workout: Protein

Dinner: Whatever they serve I try to consume at least 1000+ calories and try to eat lots of pasta/complex carbs, multi vitamin, fish oil

Before Sleep: Oatmeal or some healthy snack while i'm studying through night and Muscle Milk before sleep

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Beef
Chicken
Whole eggs
Whole milk
Pasta
Potatoes
Rice
1 gallon of Gatorade everyday
Oatmeal
Peanut Butter
Deli sandwiches
Pizza (every now and then)
Ice Cream

Go eat. Gaining weight in college is EASY! They make the food and you eat it. It's brilliant.

Tennessee Mike
07-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Ragnarok.Excellent name.All hail the Vikings!

skimmilk68
07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
why do people recommend 1 gal of gatorade? i drink gatorade while working out but i don't know if i can drink a gallon a day... that seems a bit too much sugar

Gable
07-25-2008, 12:11 PM
why do people recommend 1 gal of gatorade? i drink gatorade while working out but i don't know if i can drink a gallon a day... that seems a bit too much sugar

Water it down some... get the powder and keep it in your dorm, pour a few scoops in a one gallon container of water, shake.. and tote it with you..

its what I do..

It seems to help you get enough liquid in too.. you see the whole gallon and know you have to make it through at least that every day..

good luck.

skimmilk68
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
well i do drink about 1 gal of water.. i'm trying to find out if gatorade is any better for you if i'm not sweating 24/7

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
well i do drink about 1 gal of water.. i'm trying to find out if gatorade is any better for you if i'm not sweating 24/7

You wanna gain weight, right? I've gone from 190 to 320. Drink the f$%^ing Gatorade and don't question it. Calories, dude. You need calories. You, as well as most, have no idea how to eat. I mean really eat, to gain weight. Stop worrying about the sugar. Just drink it and make some progress.

Travis Bell
07-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm with Rhodes on this one. Down that gatorade like its your job. Typically in the summer I tend to lose anywhere from 15-25lbs and it completly sucks balls because I work so very hard to get to 250+. This summer I made the commitment to not lose more than 5lbs and the tons of gatorade are a very big part of it. So are boxes of twinkies, hostess cupcakes, lots and lots of Maximus, bucket loads of speghetti and taking 2 lunch boxes into the shop every day.

I don't eat like this forever, but for now, I'll do whatever it takes to keep my weight on.

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm with Rhodes on this one. Down that gatorade like its your job. Typically in the summer I tend to lose anywhere from 15-25lbs and it completly sucks balls because I work so very hard to get to 250+. This summer I made the commitment to not lose more than 5lbs and the tons of gatorade are a very big part of it. So are boxes of twinkies, hostess cupcakes, lots and lots of Maximus, bucket loads of speghetti and taking 2 lunch boxes into the shop every day.

I don't eat like this forever, but for now, I'll do whatever it takes to keep my weight on.

I love Twinkies! They are a super-food. It's a fact. I read it in a book, so it must be true.

Travis Bell
07-26-2008, 10:35 AM
I agree. They are in fact super food.

skimmilk68
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
so i shouldn't worry about trying to clean bulk?

Reko
07-26-2008, 11:29 AM
not really, you can shed fat later if it bothers you. "clean bulking" will take you forever and a day, whereas "dirty bulking" will add the muscle much faster. yes you will add fat, but unless you are stepping on stage or like to be small its not a big deal.

and really, once you figure out all the nutrition ins and out, losing weight is pretty easy too.

RhodeHouse
07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
not really, you can shed fat later if it bothers you. "clean bulking" will take you forever and a day, whereas "dirty bulking" will add the muscle much faster. yes you will add fat, but unless you are stepping on stage or like to be small its not a big deal.

and really, once you figure out all the nutrition ins and out, losing weight is pretty easy too.

Smart, my friend. Clean bulking is like watching a dog chase it's tail. It's just never gonna get there.

CrazyK
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Smart, my friend. Clean bulking is like watching a dog chase it's tail. It's just never gonna get there.Yup. I tried this when playing ball and stayed at 285 for 4 months. Added in God's kitchen and got up to a mobile 305 in 3.

mike42506
07-26-2008, 10:53 PM
just be sure to brush you're teeth :) I know for a fact that gatorade is really bad for your teeth, and its not just because of the sugar

c3p
07-27-2008, 12:27 AM
just be sure to brush you're teeth :) I know for a fact that gatorade is really bad for your teeth, and its not just because of the sugar

He is right. The ascorbic acid (also known as vitamin C) erodes your teeth very badly. In fact, Gatorade is more acidic than Red Bull. That stuff is even worse for you.

vdizenzo
07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Add the Gatorade and add 100 grams of carbs to be take immediately after your workout. You need those carbs in your system within 15 minutes of finishing your workout. Take them in liquid form. I don't care if it's some kind of carb shake (waxy maize, ultra fuel, etc.), fruit juice, a couple of cans of Coke, you get the point. Those carbs are important.

Regarding the dirty bulk. Eat like you have been eating. It looks pretty good. However, if you want to eat a pizza do it. Eat a whole gallon of ice cream in a sitting. Run through the drive through and have a double quarter pounder. Most of your calories during the day will be coming from good whole foods. You will just get that extra push from those so called dirty foods.

skimmilk68
08-03-2008, 01:22 AM
I always have a protein shake immediately after workout... Should I have like a carb/weight gain shake instead?

cphafner
08-03-2008, 07:21 AM
I always have a protein shake immediately after workout... Should I have like a carb/weight gain shake instead?

Keep the protein shake, just add some carbs as the guys suggested.

skimmilk68
08-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I try to have alot of carbs for dinner ie pasta etc which is an hour after workout... Do I need carb intake immediately after a workout?
If so, what are some other good ways to have immediate carb intake right after a workout?

Vicioustorms
08-05-2008, 03:26 AM
I usually have bread, potatoes, or rice...peanut butters also good:thumbup:

cphafner
08-05-2008, 04:46 AM
I try to have alot of carbs for dinner ie pasta etc which is an hour after workout... Do I need carb intake immediately after a workout?
If so, what are some other good ways to have immediate carb intake right after a workout?

you'll want some sort of quick simple carbs after your workout. Get some malto, dextrose, or waxy maize. You can do gatorade or fruit. I've even seen one board member eat Sprees after his workout.

RhodeHouse
08-05-2008, 06:48 AM
you'll want some sort of quick simple carbs after your workout. Get some malto, dextrose, or waxy maize. You can do gatorade or fruit. I've even seen one board member eat Sprees after his workout.

Spree! They are so good. I forgot about those little guys.

Reko
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM
I used to get those at gas stations and take them into movie theatres all the time!