PDA

View Full Version : Clean bulk

powerboy93
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Im losing weight and fast.I weighd 154 3 weeks ago now i am 144. im ALOT leaner though. My question is how can I bulk without getting the gut and gaining mostly lean weight. eating tons of meat/fruits/veggies/ low-fatmilk? pretty much eat alot of non-fattyf ood? (im only 15 y/o)

thanks!

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 05:50 AM
I mean this in all seriousness and I'm not insulting you. But, you're 144lbs. Of course you're lean. There's nothing on your body but bone and sinue.

Stop worrying about a gut. If you want to gain weight, strap on the feedbag. eat whatever you want. The majority of your food should be clean. But, you should not shy away from eating anything and everything that you see. When you hit 250lbs, then you can worry about cleaning up your diet. As long as you train hard, keep yourself conditioned, and eat well, most of the time, you have nothing to worry about.

ehubbard
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
144 kilos our pounds????

Seriously if you weigh 144 pounds and stand taller than four feet, and if lifting is truly "your life", the last thing you should be worrying about is getting a gut. Go eat some food.

TopCat
07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
My question is how can I bulk without getting the gut and gaining mostly lean weight. eating tons of meat/fruits/veggies/ low-fatmilk? pretty much eat alot of non-fattyf ood?

thanks!

Absolutely wrong approach. First, when you bulk no matter how hard you try you are going to gain fat. Second, low fat food does NOT equal a low fat gain. It is all about how many calories you take it compared to how many you need.

While I can understand you might enjoy being lean, it is just a fact you will have to face that if you want to gain some mass you're going to have to give it up for a while.

Bendthe Bar
07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Powerboy, arent you 15 yrs old?

As said above, eat everything, and mostly anything. I dont recommend the ''bowl of melted peanut butter, syrup, and two hershey bars'' approach however, but get stuck in otherwise.

Eating a lot can be tiring, especially if you are not used to it so make sure what you do eat contains a lot of dense calories.

At your age your metabolism will be pretty fast so you have the luxury of going crazy with food. If you training enough and you do get a gut i would be amazed.

Losing 10lbs at 154?. Did you slice off a limb in a band saw accident?.

Go eat stuff real quick. FATS are your friend by the way. Drink a lot of water too. Look around stickys and threads there is tonnes of info on what to eat.

Good luck!

manowar669
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Do this http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki plus the reccomended gallon of whole milk a day. Do it for 10-20 weeks. Get back to us.

powerboy93
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok guys thanks alot :D I will take all of your advice. Also yep lol 10 pounds in 3 weeks im not sure what happend...