PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how to get all the food down.

Justin Ryan
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey everyone.

I thought this could be a useful thread, especially for me. I'm having a lot of trouble eating enough. I feel like I'm eating all the time, even eating until I feel like I'll puke. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to bulk up and keep putting the food down.

Also is fast food hindering to a bulk? And is Arby's fast food? I work at Arby's so I get 50% off all the food. I usually get classic Italian subs or turkey bacon Subs. Each has apx 580 calories w/o mayo & tomato and aroun 35g of protein.

I am just having a really hard time gaining weight. Im 19, 6'3, and 156lbs right now. This is what I ate today

Breakfast:
As soon as I wake up I down a protein shake: 460 calories & 52g protein

30 minutes later:
2 toast
2 servings PB
2 servings honey

2hours later:
10oz. grilled chicken breast
Brocolli

Lunch:
8oz ground beef
apple

3 hours later @ work
1 turkey bacon sub
1 Ham Melt
1 Crispy chicken bacon & swiss sandwich
1200mg leucine
500mg Isoluecine
500mg Valine

3 hours later Pre-workout
1200mg leucine
500mg Isoluecine
500mg Valine

Post workout
20oz gatorade
10ozground beef
1 apple
1 serving caramel apple dip

And now I just finished eating that.

How do you all consistently eat? What would you recomend for me to do?

powerboy93
07-25-2008, 12:21 AM
also http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18 <--might help u gain weight fast. around 612 Cals and 62g protien pershake! how many calories u going for?

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Just nut up and eat. It's really not any more complicated than that. Contrary to what some 160lb guy will tell you very soon. If you're not gaining, eat more.

Your breakfast sucks. You should eat the toast with the protein shake 1st thing, Breakfast should be eggs and some kind of meat.

You need to eat more carbs. Rice, pasta, potatoes - 2-3 serving a day

Eat some bad food, as well. Find some calroie dense food and eat as much as you can 1x per day.

Justin Ryan
07-25-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm trying to get over over 3500 calories.

Thanks for the info on my breakfast & the carbs RhodeHouse!

Ben Moore
07-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Gas-x - seriously. At refeeds after I make weight this is a lifesaver.

Justin Ryan
07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Sorry, but..... What? I don't understand.

Focused70
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm trying to get over over 3500 calories.

Thanks for the info on my breakfast & the carbs RhodeHouse!

Honestly, you're overthinking this.

RH put it quite succinctly. It's called the SeeFood diet. At your age, you should be eating everything in sight. People who work at McDonald's should learn to be afraid of you.

Here's an example*:

1: Nitrean shake -- 16 oz. whole milk, 2 scoops Nitrean, 2 T. olive oil, 2 T. natty pb
2: Omelette with Swiss cheese, bacon, toast, home fries, milk, fruit
3: Broiled chicken sandwich, salad, fruit, milk
4: Dried fruit/trail mix, walnuts, milk
5: Broiled chicken, salad, rice, milk, fruit
6: Same as #1

Some days I'd eat cottage cheese, some times I'd add yogurt. Once in a while I'd scarf a mixture of rice, tuna and salsa the first thing after waking up (just something to get in my system before I headed to the gym). Favorite post-workout shake = Nitrean + milk + fruit + natty pb + olive oil.

Occasionally I'd get a Big Mac or a couple slices of pizza. One junk food meal won't kill you.

Once you put your mind to it, it's easy to eat 4000 calories every day without breaking a sweat.

*My personal circumstances have changed in the past year but I expect to be back on track in late fall.

vdizenzo
07-27-2008, 01:26 PM
B12 shots increase appetite.

Ben Moore
07-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry, but..... What? I don't understand.

Other suggestions in here are great. Take a look.

What I meant was that alot of the full feeling is gas. Taking Gas-x with a meal will help you eat more without feeling full.

Tikiman
07-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Last time I checked, food tastes good. I enjoy eating, and although gaining weight is a PITA for me as well, I space out the meals about 2-3 hours apart. Eventually your appetite will come around. Shakes make easy liquid calories when something more appetizing isn't around. I even thicken them up into a Wendy's like frosty to make it seem like more substance.

CrazyK
07-27-2008, 02:06 PM
B12 shots increase appetite.He's way too young and inexperienced to be resorting to b12 injections.

Insane
07-27-2008, 03:08 PM
keep eating and lifting hard...

cphafner
07-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Other suggestions in here are great. Take a look.

What I meant was that alot of the full feeling is gas. Taking Gas-x with a meal will help you eat more without feeling full.

Gas-X became my friend during my last bulk. I was eating so much my stomach expanded 2-3 inches just from being full at the time. I had to buy new pants and boxers just to get my bloated gut in them. Gas X was a big help.

Justin Ryan
07-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey thanks for all the replies guys.

I'm not sure what b-12 is. Soo I'll think I will research it before I go there.

Gas-x sounds like a good idea to me. My stomach gets bloated a lot. I think I'll try that.
Thanks again!

Detard
07-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I take in about 4500 cals per day. I eat 6-8 times per day, and drink a heartstopper (shake containing 2 cups whole milk, 1 cup peanut butter, olive oil (as much as you want)). I get around 3500 cals from the food, then the shake is just over 1k calories.

It's easier to drink calories than it is to chow them

JWick
07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
so lets say your in a dbol cycle and your looking to cut weight and add mass. what is a realistic amount of calories which should be consumed? (assuming about 1.5-2 hour workouts daily,no cardio)

RhodeHouse
07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
so lets say your in a dbol cycle and your looking to cut weight and add mass. what is a realistic amount of calories which should be consumed? (assuming about 1.5-2 hour workouts daily,no cardio)

Let me get this straight... You're taking DBol - one of the best drugs to make you jacked and strong, yet you want to cut weight and add mass? WTF? Clearly, you were dropped on your head multiple times as a child. You really have a lot to learn. Drugs are not the answer. Say hi to your liver for me.

You're 19, for god's sake. You have more test flowing thru your body than it knows what to do with. You have zero training experience and you're taking DBol? Here's a question for you. When you hit a plateau, and you will. Where do you go from there? You've already exhausted the last step by taking drugs. There's nowhere to go but down. The next step would've been to change training philosophies, clean up your diet, find good training partners... then, 10-15 years from now, when you're 30+ years old, maybe you go the route of drugs.

I'm dumbfounded.

Justin Ryan
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Say hi to your liver for me.

Amen to that.

BloodyDeadliftr
02-27-2009, 08:31 AM
so instead of injecting b-12 can you buy them in pill form and it will have the same effect?