PDA

View Full Version : breakfast cereal?

gamodye
07-25-2008, 05:36 AM
i was wondering, what is the best cereal (when mixed with milk (if it is to be mixed with milk)) for muscle mass/ weightgaining/ bodybuilding?

thanks in advance...

ps. for example oats, shreddies...?

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 05:47 AM
No cereal is going to help you build muscle mass. Eat it with some eggs and bacon or ham, and you'll be fine. Or, have it with a protein shake, but cereal should not be your key to gaining muscle. You'll be very disappointed in your lack of progress. As for what kind, it doesn't mater as long as it's not a "kid's" cereal. Stay away from all the sugar.

Tennessee Mike
07-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Cereal is a snack.Oatmeal would be better.Damn Rhodes,ham and eggs sounds good right now.Fried in butter of course.

gamodye
07-25-2008, 05:54 AM
ohh no, sorry i didn't mean as a main food, just for breakfast, i have cereal, and something else (eggs, bacon, ham... etc) already, just i was wondering what sort of cereal to get...

thanks, i think i will be getting oatmeal...

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Any cereal is fine. I like Raisin Bran, Shredded Wheat, Golden Grahams, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Fruity Pebbles. The last is not the best choice, but damn, they taste good.

Tennessee Mike
07-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Raisin Bran,Shredded wheat,Cheerios,.Something that has some sort of health value.

Focused70
07-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Oatmeal is amazing. A handful of dried cranberries (I prefer them to raisins), a scoop of natty pb and some milk, and I'm set.

kevowamo
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
rhode says stay away from all the sugars and then suggests golden grahams and fruity pebbles...hmmm
well here's a real suggestion that has zero sugar--fiber one, original. tons of fiber, low net carbs. sprinkle some cinnamon over it, then throw some straw-blue-rasp-berries over it...yum. then make 5 eggs (4 white only, 1 yolk). this is a cut-type breakfast though

RhodeHouse
07-25-2008, 09:04 PM
rhode says stay away from all the sugars and then suggests golden grahams and fruity pebbles...hmmm
well here's a real suggestion that has zero sugar--fiber one, original. tons of fiber, low net carbs. sprinkle some cinnamon over it, then throw some straw-blue-rasp-berries over it...yum. then make 5 eggs (4 white only, 1 yolk). this is a cut-type breakfast though

Read what I f^&*ing wrote. I said that's what I like. I recommended staying away from the sugar. Get off your high horse.

Here's a real suggestion. Don't question those that have done more than you have. Clearly, you don't know how to gain some weight. Stick to what you know.

gamodye
07-27-2008, 05:33 AM
i get what your saying Rhode...

i will probably stick with oatmeal, maybe cheerios/ shredded wheat on some weeks...

thanks guys

mike42506
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
i recommend apple cinnamon oatmeal, oh my god i eat like 5 packets of that every morning, untill i run out in 3 days.

ryuage
07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
i recommend apple cinnamon oatmeal, oh my god i eat like 5 packets of that every morning, untill i run out in 3 days.

well ya, buy more than 15 packets next time :thumbup:

cphafner
07-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I've been eating cheerios with sliced bananas during refeeds, but Rhodes it right. Cereal is not a staple of a bulk diet. I would stick to loads and loads of oatmeal. Throw in whatever you want. Chug a protein shake or eat with eggs with it for a good meal.

manowar669
07-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Oatmeal, old-fashioned kind in the tub (not "quick" oats), nuke for 1-2 minutes, mix peanut butter in it after it comes out of the microwave. Stay away from the garbage in the packets. Loaded with sugar, and they're the quick oats. Might as well eat the fruity pebbles.
The old fashioned oats in the tub are really cheap too.

cphafner
07-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Oatmeal, old-fashioned kind in the tub (not "quick" oats), nuke for 1-2 minutes, mix peanut butter in it after it comes out of the microwave. Stay away from the garbage in the packets. Loaded with sugar, and they're the quick oats. Might as well eat the fruity pebbles.
The old fashioned oats in the tub are really cheap too.

If you're cooking them for 1-2 mins, then those are quick oats. Old fashioned oats take 5mins.