PDA

View Full Version : Opticen supp values changes?

100pr00f
07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
im low on this stuff and need some badly
so i got and look and see that the
supplement facts have changed.

more fat less protein more carbs

any reasening behind this.,..better tast

hit this up

ima order now

haha
peace:study:

chris mason
07-25-2008, 08:09 PM
The reformulation was to make it a better PWO product. Read the text on its product page for more.

Indifference
07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
The new blend has a different consistancy and texture in the tub and it is also ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. If you ever had the old one and thought it was good, then the new one is FANTASTIC. Like powdered heaven in a tub.

chris mason
07-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Yep, I like the way it tastes better as well. The chocolate is the best I have ever tried.

100pr00f
07-26-2008, 07:30 PM
cant wait..orderd and it was shipped..should be here mon or tusday..fast ...thats what i like about atlarge

frank
07-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Yep, I like the way it tastes better as well. The chocolate is the best I have ever tried.

not trying to change the topic but i am ;/. is there a way you guys can make it just as affecting with no cholesterol?

also: does nitrean have any cholesterol? because it doesnt say anything on the tub about it.

Ryan Celli
07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
you'll love it....the taste and how well it works as a meal replacement

Averof
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I noticed the changes and im wondering now..

how does reducing the protein per serving make it a better pwo shake? just seems counterintuitive to me..

I know there was always fat in it, but now im curious, what is the source of the fat in it? does it come from the milk and egg ingredients?

I would never use the full serving as a pwo shake just so I could stretch the life of a jug, and save money.. but you guys advertised 2/3 a serving as being ideal for pwo anyways.. now it seems things have been redone to make the full 3scoops best as a pwo shake

how does it stand now? I would be a little hesistant to mix it with milk for extra nutrition because of all the sugar milk has in it, considering the extra carbs the new opticen has.

chris mason
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
The change was to increase the carb content for a higher amount of carbs available for glycogen replenishment and for a more pronounced insulin spike with the benefits therein being described on the Opticen product page.

The increased fats are primarily for hormonal support.

Oh, and yes, the product does taste really good! :o)

Travis Bell
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but I believe that the initial Opticen was to be able to be used as a meal replacement shake. Using it as post workout nutrition was optional, but meal replacement was its intention

The new composition of Opticen is intended for PWO, not meal replacement, hence why there is the scoop amount change

Lones Green
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but I believe that the initial Opticen was to be able to be used as a meal replacement shake. Using it as post workout nutrition was optional, but meal replacement was its intention

The new composition of Opticen is intended for PWO, not meal replacement, hence why there is the scoop amount change

i believe it was marketed as both. i used it as a post workout shake with added dextrose for almost 2 years with the old formula

FireRescue
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I just noticed this today and I cannot exactly remember what I paid for my last jug of Opticen but was there a price change with this reformulation? IMO it seems like it should be slightly less expensive now.

Lones Green
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I just noticed this today and I cannot exactly remember what I paid for my last jug of Opticen but was there a price change with this reformulation? IMO it seems like it should be slightly less expensive now.

not necessarily. more carbs and less protein is actually better for recovery post workout. if you want more protein, buy nitrean!

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 02:14 PM
The new formula rocks! Had it last night for the first time and the taste is unbelieveable.

BFGUITAR
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I always thought maximus was used as a meal replacement... but what do I know!