PDA

View Full Version : jumping on the vid/pic bandwagon...

JSully
07-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm cutting.. down to 233lbs from 280lbs. Still trying to drop another 13lbs and finish around 9-10% bodyfat.

Took a couple video's of skwats last night. Pretty happy with myself. I haven't had anything over 405lbs on my back in 2 1/2 years. 455 flew up and 500 was difficult but went up.

I try to squat ATF, but with 500 on my back, it was difficult to tell when I hit ATF since I just wanted to get that **** back on the rack. I went pretty damn low though.

Enjoy!

:::07.25.08 squat vids:::

405x1::
65QZk9iMVeU

455x1::
7aGvCeIQ_B8

500x1::
G4HdQoutpPE

powerboy93
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
ur a beast dude! keep it up!

Ben Moore
07-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Nice work bud!

RedSpikeyThing
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
you are one strong mother****er. Did you have briefs on under those pants?

markdk86
07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Good work as always jake.

Lones Green
07-26-2008, 03:37 PM
god, you're strong as hell. don't let that knee come in on you!

Jorge Sanchez
07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Strong squatting, dude.

RBB
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
real nice work, jake.

motoko013
07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
you need to change your name to BigJake

youngguns
07-26-2008, 06:25 PM
beastly.

weasel
07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
you need to change your name to BigJake

it's one of those cool ironic ones like the 400lb guy named "Tiny".

man you are a beast keep up the good work

bjohnso
07-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Great squatting Jake. Now we all know you are not a bull****ter (not to say that I thought you were).

Your strength is undeniable now.

Gabrielle
07-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Damn that is a sick 500 squat. That looked below parallel to me and fairly close to atf.

WBBIRL
07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Couldn't tell if you favor the right leg slightly, (seemed more evident in the 455 vid) or as another poster said the knee came in. Either way strong stuff man!

JSully
07-26-2008, 10:53 PM
thanks everyone.. and to answer redspikey, nope, no briefs... I don't have the cash for gear, lol..

as far as favoring my right leg.. I never thought about it and watching myself in the mirror it doesn't appear that I favor it, but I wouldn't doubt it if I did. My left knee is ****ed up from tendonitis but doesn't bother me NEAR as much as it used to. As long as I wrap it real tight I can get away with heavy squats and no pain. Just as long as I don't go heavy all the time. 405 isn't that heavy for me so I'll start hitting 405 on a regular basis and jump to 500 once every 3-4 weeks. Hitting 545 constantly every week is what ****ed me up pretty bad..

Thanks for the props everyone. I failed a 515 deadlift today but turned around and smoked a 500 DL. Gotta work on getting my strength back up there. I got squashed under a 365 bench yesterday. I do bench and deads about once a month so I really think that's why strength has suffered on those lifts for this cut. I'm going to start hitting bench and deads every week as well as squats and hopefully I'll bring my numbers back up. I'm shootin for a 405 bench, 515ish squat and 550ish deadlift by the beginning of november.

HILL
07-27-2008, 04:11 AM
good work jake and still looking large mate

bjohnso
07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
thanks everyone.. and to answer redspikey, nope, no briefs... I don't have the cash for gear, lol..

as far as favoring my right leg.. I never thought about it and watching myself in the mirror it doesn't appear that I favor it, but I wouldn't doubt it if I did. My left knee is ****ed up from tendonitis but doesn't bother me NEAR as much as it used to. As long as I wrap it real tight I can get away with heavy squats and no pain. Just as long as I don't go heavy all the time. 405 isn't that heavy for me so I'll start hitting 405 on a regular basis and jump to 500 once every 3-4 weeks. Hitting 545 constantly every week is what ****ed me up pretty bad..

Thanks for the props everyone. I failed a 515 deadlift today but turned around and smoked a 500 DL. Gotta work on getting my strength back up there. I got squashed under a 365 bench yesterday. I do bench and deads about once a month so I really think that's why strength has suffered on those lifts for this cut. I'm going to start hitting bench and deads every week as well as squats and hopefully I'll bring my numbers back up. I'm shootin for a 405 bench, 515ish squat and 550ish deadlift by the beginning of november.

Did you do squats and deadlifts on consecutive days because of your carb load? That's got to the reason your deadlift suffered - your legs were still fried.

Still a good deadlift though.

JSully
07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks HILL..

brian- not always, only for my power workouts coming off of UD2.. I'm switching up my workouts though. I'm going to do more of a targeted Keto with bi-weekly refeeds UD2 style.. that'll allow me to still train heavy and hard while still limiting cals enough to keep dropping..

:::07.26.08 deadlift vids:::

475x1::
AhZS3oxc5oA

500x1:: **grip slipped hardcore right as I locked out, had to drop it quickly
3Z92scgQrhE

405x5::
cHRK9eQVRPg

Lones Green
07-27-2008, 11:55 AM
are you using chalk? it dosen't look like it, it will help a lot with grip.

also, get that ass down. you are doing straight legged deadlifts, haha. what really helped me to get away from that problem is think of pulling back - not up.

bjohnso
07-27-2008, 12:52 PM
That 475 looked great, Jake. Try repping that out next time. That was way to easy for a single.

weasel
07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
nice lifting again...

even on the one you lost your grip you still put it down a LOT better than some people i've seen who just flat out DROP it.keep up the great work man throwing up heavy weight and slimming down.

Patz
07-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Nice work, Jake. I think I still have some of your old vids saved in the lifting file on my other computer. I know I had one of you doing a 405x8 dead and a 495 x 3...I think.

BFGUITAR
07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Very nice! I would be happy to squat as much as you are with my knee problem. I am getting my wraps in very soon as recommended by you. Do you wrap your knee like any PLer would? Or do you wrap it around the pateller tendon? I have heard that applying pressure directly to the tendon relieves some of the stress.

mike42506
07-28-2008, 12:58 AM
sick deadlift and squat, you're a monster!

JSully
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
thanks again everyone..

are you using chalk? it dosen't look like it, it will help a lot with grip.
I don't use chalk because it's a commercial gym and I've seen people get talked to before about using chalk. But I'm going to brnig it in anyways and start using it and just clean up. If they tell me not to, I'll get an ecco ball or something of the likes.

also, get that ass down. you are doing straight legged deadlifts, haha. what really helped me to get away from that problem is think of pulling back - not up.
Try pulling back and not up.. I will definately remember that. I've always had a problem getting leg drive into my deads, hopefully this will help. I thought about doing them with 25's instead of 45s, that way I have to use more legs. I really try to kepe my back straight and throw my legs into it, but I always end up extending my legs all the way then finishing up with my back. I'll work on that, thanks again for the suggestion..

Nice work, Jake. I think I still have some of your old vids saved in the lifting file on my other computer. I know I had one of you doing a 405x8 dead and a 495 x 3...I think.
LOL, yeah I have those vids too.. I can still do the 405x8 right now but the 5pps x3 I'm not sure of. My problem is I've been very inconsistant with deads and bench, which is why my numbers suck compared to normal. I'm really going to focus on the big 3 over the next few months.

bfguitar- I wrap mine like a powerlifter, however, I put alot of focus on my patellar tendon. I still wrap the top of my knee and down to the bottom, but right where the patellar tendon is I wrap the **** out of it. lol..

thanks again to everyone else.. I'm hoping ot have these numbers better in a few months.. I'll post a bench vid as soon as I get a respectable bench, lol..

ZenMonkey
07-30-2008, 09:37 PM
yea man! really strong squatting and dling! your DL numbers will jump once you start pulling back and maximize your leverage (mine did about 40 lbs), just keep wearing pants or high socks.

Reko
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
it looks like you are bending your right arm towards the top of your deadlift. Like a few inches above your knee as you come back with it. Just something I saw.

mikesbench
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Looks strong!!

JSully
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
it looks like you are bending your right arm towards the top of your deadlift. Like a few inches above your knee as you come back with it. Just something I saw.

yeah, lol, I know..

11 years ago I shattered my right elbow and it won't straighten all the way. I've got plates and scres and pins in there and such. They had to close the growth plate and reconstruct my elbow. I get flak for it when I bench saying I don't lockout when maxing, bah. That's cuz I can't, heh.

JSully
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
yea man! really strong squatting and dling! your DL numbers will jump once you start pulling back and maximize your leverage (mine did about 40 lbs), just keep wearing pants or high socks.

my 5x5 DLs are tomorrow, I'm going to implement this into it and see how things go. Thanks.

Reko
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
yeah, lol, I know..

11 years ago I shattered my right elbow and it won't straighten all the way. I've got plates and scres and pins in there and such. They had to close the growth plate and reconstruct my elbow. I get flak for it when I bench saying I don't lockout when maxing, bah. That's cuz I can't, heh.

Well, the only concern would be putting a lot of stress on your biceps, risking a tear. Otherwise its not a big deal really, but, tearing a bi is lol. With your training I can imagine that's something you've already known about though, just felt like pointing it out.

JSully
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
yeah I definately know what you're saying but I don't feel any contraction in my bicep when deadlifting. The reason the arm is bent is because my bone won't allow it to straighten. I'll concentrate on it my next deadlifting to double check that my bicep isn't contracting..

bicep tear = bad.. don't want that, lol.. thanks for pointing it out

muscle chic
08-02-2008, 09:30 AM
That was pretty low! I wouldn't be able to get back up lol !! Awesome job!!

AJ_H
08-08-2008, 03:57 AM
good work man I don't understand why you think your small, fat and weak.

JSully
08-13-2008, 01:02 AM
:::08/07/08 - Squat vid:::
Last set of a 5x5 squat workout. Back was pretty fried from deads a couple days prior. Form started to slip on the 4th and 5th rep, but not too bad. Tried to hit ATF but I'm thinking I'm a little short.. ah well..

395x5
hP84EjwoH2I

JSully
10-12-2009, 10:11 PM
yo..

resurrecting an old thread.. I figure now that I have some noteworth lifts, I may be able to start posting some #s here again..

10/7 deadlift session
Qk2ql8PZzmU

10/10 ME bench
A8ubUg5GcAo

10/11 ME squat
i_B69dgwHRM

10/11 tire flip
_t4s3wSSnhw

deadlift session was pretty ****ty.. 555 felt so heavy. This was oen of the things that made me want to get back into westside, not working with heavy weight every week I feel has slowed my progress. I'll do a max attempt DL in a month and a half or so.. I might just wait until the end of the year, we'll see.

bench session was pretty ****ty as well.. another reason I changed my training.. without working with heavy weight, I feel my progress has been as good as it could have been. I should be happy with 15lbs on my bench in 2 months, however, I was making better progress beforehand.

squat session was f-ing amazing.. I smoked that 600lb squat with a 15lb all time PR. Super stoked about that..

tire flipping went well also, managed 10 flips in 90 seconds. I want to get that up in the 15-18 range, I need to work GPP more..

and yeah, that DL form was less than perfect. I need to get that ass down and pull back. Not sure why but I've fallen away from that. I'll be sure to be fixing that over the next few sessions. Feel free to throw me a critique, I'm always trying to ge better. Thanks for looking!!

JSully
10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
O4WPP0HdkzM

Took first place in my NAHA meet on 10/17...

Off Road
10-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Nice job. Congratulations.

joey54
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Watching your squats from last year compared to now is like night and day. Form has improved greatly, which shows how strong you were squatting 500 like that. Good work!

Nicky
10-22-2009, 07:30 PM
In you're deadlift video what is that kid doing behind you around the 50 second point? And great lifts too!!

ZenMonkey
10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
In you're deadlift video what is that kid doing behind you around the 50 second point? And great lifts too!!

Haha, that is just what I was wondering... wtf?

Strong as an ox LJ!