PDA

View Full Version : My Cut for Summer

Ant
07-26-2008, 08:35 PM
The first pic is during my bulk this past winter. I weighed my heaviest at 212lbs. Damn was I pudgy. The next three pics I lost 17lbs. I lost the weight within 5 months. My height is just under 5'9" without shoes. I wanted to lose more weight but I didn't want to take it off to fast and lose too much muscle. I am very happy with the muscle I retained.
Go ahead and critique. Thanks.

eastbaylifter
07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Great job on keeping your muscle while leaning out. You did it slowly too, which is the right way to do it.

ryuage
07-26-2008, 09:14 PM
slow and steady wins the race.

good job

Ben Moore
07-26-2008, 09:37 PM
You better get out of the bushes or someone will report you as a flasher, haha.

Nice work man

WBBIRL
07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd say cut up another 10-15 pounds and you should look pretty good.

Try UD 2.0 if your worried about mass.

weasel
07-27-2008, 12:16 AM
looking pretty good keep up the good work.

unity2012
07-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Great job, man. Do it at your own pace. As long as you are happy with your results, keep up the great work.

Very inspiring.

Ant
07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Thank-you for the compliments. I am debating on whether to continue to lose weight "Which I will for a little while more, at least until the end of August". -or- if I should bulk again during the winter and do another cut come early spring? Decisions, Decisions.... My GF obviously likes me leaner, but us guys like to be big and eat too. Even if we do get a little pudgy. He-He.

bjohnso
07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
You look great, man. Nice calves. How old are you?

KingJustin
07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
It seems like you're in the bushes on like the side of your house or something. I'm not sure how I would react if I saw my neighbor standing there with his girlfriend taking pictures, flexing, in his boxers haha

Good progress. I would bulk from here and then cut again (I'm personally a big fan of slow bulk/slow cut, but do whichever you like)

WBBIRL
07-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I vote bulk as well, no point in working your ass off to get any leaner.... when your at the point you are, it will take weeks and weeks to lose that extra 3-4% but can be put back on in a matter of hours.

Bulk up, but do it slow. The average unassisted lifter won't gain but maybe a pound per week if he's really really working and eating properly. You will be very surprised what 10 pounds of muscle will do for your frame. Don't take my numbers as 100% stone cold cutoffs... but if you put on 20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work) you'd blow up pretty well.

TopCat
07-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Also wondering how old you are... you look great!

I vote bulk as well, no point in working your ass off to get any leaner.... when your at the point you are, it will take weeks and weeks to lose that extra 3-4% but can be put back on in a matter of hours.

I mean no disrespect at all as I have a hard time remembering who on this forum has done what, but are you speaking from personal experience? Though I haven't hit 8% yet, I'm getting close and gotta say after taking 2 weeks off on a medically necessary diet I'm still sporting the leanness :hello:

nhlfan
07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd say cut up another 10-15 pounds and you should look pretty good.

Try UD 2.0 if your worried about mass.

Bulk up, but do it slow. The average unassisted lifter won't gain but maybe a pound per week if he's really really working and eating properly. You will be very surprised what 10 pounds of muscle will do for your frame. Don't take my numbers as 100% stone cold cutoffs... but if you put on 20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work) you'd blow up pretty well.

Nothing you post ever makes any sense :confused:

BB_Guns
07-28-2008, 04:24 AM
:hide:

samj
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
but can be put back on in a matter of hours.

Thats called water lol

20 pounds of muscle (should take you about 6 months of work)

GOOD LUCK!!

Ant
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the steady replies. It is motivating to keep in this game.
I am 33 years old. And yes, I suppose our single neighbor lady who is 70 something was enjoying the show in the bushes. Pending she noticed.

WBBIRL
07-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Thats called water lol

gaining 20 pounds of muscle in half a year isn't an epic achievement if your eating right and working hard in the gym with getting proper rest.

Nothing you post ever makes any sense :confused:

Didn't know he was even considering a bulk when I made the first reply. Stop being so full of yourself...

@ the coment I made about how hard it would be...

It takes a lot more work and a lot more dedication/foucs to drop bodyfat the leaner you get. No point (IMO) to cut down to single digits if he's just going to bulk up again anyhow... even just the slight increase in calories will have him back in the low to mid teen's again before too long. Maybe hours was an exxageration, or ment more for those who get to about 5% or so... but its just not worth his time if he plans on bulking again...not for how he looks now.