PDA

View Full Version : 7 months in - 26 yo - how am I doing?

reisrocks
07-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi this is reisrocks,

I'm 26, been working out since Feb. (7 months) and I have an honest question; how am I doing?

This is me with no artificials, I get bigger on creatine, but I haven't taken it in over a week. So this is really my bottom line since I'm not even pumped.

I'm starting to wonder if I am a hard gainer? I've got a sitting job, and have been doing the wrong moves nutrition-wise (eating pork and drinking soja milk, Ididn't know - doh).

Honest feedback awaited.

Thanks.

cphafner
07-27-2008, 09:19 AM
you're doing fine, just keep eating. What does your typical day of eating look like?

reisrocks
07-27-2008, 09:21 AM
you're doing fine, just keep eating. What does your typical day of eating look like?

It's grim. Really grim. I have trouble eating. I live in the UK and the price of food has risen sharply. I also have issues with the quality of food sold.. and the fact everything is bloody wrapped in tons of plastic. I've been considering switching to organic but it will take a tole on my budget.

Maybe I should move to the states.. I hear that you guys have plenty of food cheap. ;)

samj
07-27-2008, 10:31 AM
stop with the excuses

Insane
07-27-2008, 10:39 AM
hit the big 3 deads, squats, and bench...

Ben Moore
07-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Eat more

reisrocks
07-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Thanks you all for your feedback.

Kong
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I live in the uk too mate and i find it easiest to try and drink 4 pints of semi-skimmed milk a day on top of my meals. Even if i only eat 3 decent sized meals a day as long as i get that milk down between meals then im safe (just over a pint has about 20g protein, about the same in carbs and about 10g fat). Even better if you get some pb and fruit down with it. What does your routine look like?

Ant
07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Looking at your pics, you need protein and calories to pack on mass. Get some powdered whey to mix in with your "limited food supply in the UK". I like vanilla, goes with pretty much everything. I am sure if your resourceful you can come up with some things.

McVein
07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Looking at your pics, you need protein and calories to pack on mass. Get some powdered whey to mix in with your "limited food supply in the UK". I like vanilla, goes with pretty much everything. I am sure if your resourceful you can come up with some things.

I dont agree with this, powdered whey is not the answer, extra carbs and increased calories. I live in Ireland and were paying out our holes for everything and I can afford to eat what i want. just think calories man, wholegrains, veg, meat, nuts, and lots of water.

Ant
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I dont agree with this, powdered whey is not the answer, extra carbs and increased calories. I live in Ireland and were paying out our holes for everything and I can afford to eat what i want. just think calories man, wholegrains, veg, meat, nuts, and lots of water.

I did not say whey was the answer. I mentioned calories before you did. He said good quality food is limited in the UK. Therefore he should supplement with protein since he is not getting it from his food. Unless quote, he can become "resourceful". Sorry, but I know I am not steering him in the wrong direction. "As I know your not either".

themidnighter
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM

Um... protein powder is really the only way to get the amount of protein you need in a day. There ain't no way most people are eating 300-400g protein a day without that supplementation.

Lones Green
07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
I live in the uk too mate and i find it easiest to try and drink 4 pints of semi-skimmed milk a day on top of my meals. Even if i only eat 3 decent sized meals a day as long as i get that milk down between meals then im safe (just over a pint has about 20g protein, about the same in carbs and about 10g fat). Even better if you get some pb and fruit down with it. What does your routine look like?

whats with this skim milk business? WHOLE MILK FOR LIFE

Shouji
07-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Start taking in some shakes, seriously the easiest way to get calories and protein in. 2 Cups whole milk, whey, 4 tsp natty PB, olive oil..etc, can easily down 1200+ calories in 1 minute. Also, get some McDonalds in if you must.

McVein
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Um... protein powder is really the only way to get the amount of protein you need in a day. There ain't no way most people are eating 300-400g protein a day without that supplementation.

Ummmmmm.... he said he wasnt gaining weight, why would a low calorie whey shake help him with this? ah dairy extract...... the secret of the stars.

McVein
07-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Start taking in some shakes, seriously the easiest way to get calories and protein in. 2 Cups whole milk, whey, 4 tsp natty PB, olive oil..etc, can easily down 1200+ calories in 1 minute. Also, get some McDonalds in if you must.

+1 on the olive ol and pb shakes.

Ramstein85
08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Bro i live in London and i work part time in a hotel and can still afford to buy loads of tuna, cottage cheese, milk, weight gainer protein, chicken breasts and minced meat (lean). You can find them at reasonable prices from supermarkets like SOmerfield, Tesco, Butchers ( i eat halal only though so it should be even easier for you to buy cheaper meat from SM) anyways good luck bro looking good

unj
08-01-2008, 10:25 AM
up the calories, invent a shake u like but dont make it too thick i did and it tastes awful! but like milk + some fruit + whey + ice + a spoon of pb & virgin oil mmm lol

unj
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
just one warning though dont eat tooo many calories cos i went up massively! and i got fatter and a lot of stretch marks - man 3-4 months and 50lbs weight gain lol not goooood!