PDA

View Full Version : Lactose free protein?

Tennessee Mike
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Any products that fit the bill?

Travis Bell
07-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure all the protein that At Large sells has casin in it. It digests slower than whey so its another angle on making the blend better

any particular reason why you'd like a lactose free protein?

Chris Rodgers
07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Milk and I do not agree...at all. I drink 3-5 nitrean shakes a day in water and have no problems. This is just my personal experience.

chris mason
07-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Our protein products are not entirely lactose free, but most lactose intolerant people I have spoken to find they tolerate them VERY well (much better than anything else they have tried).

Tennessee Mike
07-29-2008, 03:33 AM
I became lactose intolerant around 25 yrs old and its been a nightmare trying to find a good protein product.Sportpharma makes a decent one.

BFGUITAR
07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Nitrean has like 2-3 grams of lactose in one serving. Take a lactose pill and you wold be fine.

Tennessee Mike
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Excellent.I live off those things.I must swallow 20 a day.

Notorious
07-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Isn't lactose just the sugar in milk? So if you found a sugarless protein powder, it should be lactose free (I think). Probably would still have some stuff related to lactose though.

Indifference
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I cannot handle lactose either,and I was unaware there was any in nitrean and ive been drinking that multiple times daily for years with no problems.

drk0511
08-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I became lactose intolerant around 25 yrs old and its been a nightmare trying to find a good protein product.Sportpharma makes a decent one.

Have you ever tried to overcome lactose intolerance? I was LI for almost my whole life then about a year ago I started drinking a glass of milk after I ate and slowly I "built up" a tolerance for it.

As of today I can pretty much drink milk or dairy products anytime without worry. I suggest you give it a try, its worth a shot.

But yea anyway, even when I was suffering from intolerance I had no problem with nitrean, as most other people on the thread have said as well.

Tennessee Mike
08-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Have you ever tried to overcome lactose intolerance? I was LI for almost my whole life then about a year ago I started drinking a glass of milk after I ate and slowly I "built up" a tolerance for it.

As of today I can pretty much drink milk or dairy products anytime without worry. I suggest you give it a try, its worth a shot.

But yea anyway, even when I was suffering from intolerance I had no problem with nitrean, as most other people on the thread have said as well.

Are you serious?I didnt know that was possible.I thought it was that your body no longer produces the enzyme?

chris mason
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Some people can acclimate to it and overcome LI.

Nitrean has only trace amounts and is fine for most LI individuals unless they have a severe case (as the individual above mentioned).

thewicked
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Nitrean would be the one i'd recommend... one of my clients can't stand dairy but has had ZERO issues with nitrean when in the past she'd only take soy protiens.

Lones Green
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
you should be good with Nitrean.

question mike...have you tried Gemma protein? that could be an option as well if Nitrean dosen't work for you

Tennessee Mike
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Never tried Gemma.Any good?Im definitely lookin into Nitrean

Lones Green
08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Never tried Gemma.Any good?Im definitely lookin into Nitrean

it'd probably be my next choice if Nitrean dosen't work out for you. its cheap, has a decent amino profile, good bio availability, but its not supposed to taste too good.