PDA

View Full Version : Getting A Gut Does'nt Mean I Should Eat Less Right?

motor head
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Ive really been eating like I mean it lately and my gut is getting bigger but Im trying to bulk. So do I keep doing what Im doing or should I eat less? I dont even want to eat this much but I guess Im supposed to. Just want to tripple check so I dont become a real fatty.

Today

piece of danish
slice of banana bread
4 big hot dogs on bread/relish/onion
nother slice ban. bread
2 kashi granola bars
2 large breaded pork cutlets
6 pc. asparagus
bout 2 cups of cole slaw
1+ cup of ice cream
3 ice tea's
glass o milk
glass o water

i think thats it, i weigh 154 right now.

OGROK
07-28-2008, 09:03 PM
You are eating nothing but trash. 90% of the food you posted is composed of heavily processed carbs. Where the hell is the protein?

The reason you are getting a gut is because your diet sucks. You need to be eating stuff like chicken, protein shakes, beef, and peanut butter ALL DAY LONG. Try to cut down on all the bread.

Fukes12
07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
You are eating nothing but trash. 90% of the food you posted is composed of heavily processed carbs. Where the hell is the protein?

The reason you are getting a gut is because your diet sucks. You need to be eating stuff like chicken, protein shakes, beef, and peanut butter ALL DAY LONG. Try to cut down on all the bread.

:withstupi:

Also, have you been weighing yourself? If so how many pounds do you gain per week? You shouldnt be exceeding 1.5lbs per week. Anything above that and your body will be converting the excess calories into fat.

Also, eating around 1gr of protein per 1 lb of bodyweight will be sufficient.

dumbbell
07-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Yep. What they said.

TheSeeker
07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Eat clean, keep your protein up, do a simple, basic routine that involves the basic lifts, and you'll get big in no time. And when you plateau, modify your routine a bit.

Bendthe Bar
07-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Are you aiming to become a powerlifter?. Some of these guys will eat just about anything to bulk and any weight is good weight, talking about leverage and what not.........anyway i digress, a whole other thread.

Below is a good list of food to choose from.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

'glass o water' - is that really all the water you consumed in a day? My 1 year old son drinks more than that. Get about a gallon down at least.

Bread is good, as long as its wholemeal, not banana. Get a load of complex carbs on board. Brown carbs eg brown rice, w/meal pasta and so on.

A diet like you have posted would make a lot of people feel like crap.

If you struggle to maintain a clean diet, have an off day and eat whatever. Some people can do this, some cant.

RhodeHouse
07-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Eat dead animnals at eavery meal. Add that to your list.

A gut? You're 154lbs. You don't need to worry about a gut until you gain another 100lbs. Stop crying and eat.

Tennessee Mike
07-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Ive really been eating like I mean it lately and my gut is getting bigger but Im trying to bulk. So do I keep doing what Im doing or should I eat less? I dont even want to eat this much but I guess Im supposed to. Just want to tripple check so I dont become a real fatty.

Today

piece of danish
slice of banana bread
4 big hot dogs on bread/relish/onion
nother slice ban. bread
2 kashi granola bars
2 large breaded pork cutlets
6 pc. asparagus
bout 2 cups of cole slaw
1+ cup of ice cream
3 ice tea's
glass o milk
glass o water

i think thats it, i weigh 154 right now.

Im sorry,but thats a horrible diet.What are trying to accomplish here?Not enough protein for one.And it doesnt look like your trying to bulk with asparagus,kashi bars.But then you got ice cream,hot dogs,pork chops.So your not trying to stay lean..Im totally lost.

BULK_BOY
07-29-2008, 08:19 AM

A gut? You're 154lbs. You don't need to worry about a gut until you gain another 100lbs. Stop crying and eat.

When you are a BULK BOY like me......then you can worry about your Gut. LOL

ryuage
07-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Unless you are about 5'0

and it's more than about what you eat, but how much you eat.

motor head
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM

Really? I know the hot dogs are junk food, maybe the ice cream too but thats it. Also, I dont eat hot dogs often. The pork cutlets were fresh from the butcher counter, not stoufers if thats what your thinking. Then theres vegetables. Kashi bars are supposed to be super good for you.. bannana bread... so besides the dogs why is this so bad?

motor head
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Also, have you been weighing yourself? If so how many pounds do you gain per week? You shouldnt be exceeding 1.5lbs per week. Anything above that and your body will be converting the excess calories into fat.

Also, eating around 1gr of protein per 1 lb of bodyweight will be sufficient.

Lets see, started June 12 @ 145 and im 154 and have gotten a noticable (to me) amount of muscle. So thats about 6 weeks and 9lbs.

manowar669
07-29-2008, 10:15 AM
The pork cutlets and the milk are about the only thing there worth eating (and the asparagus). Banana bread=sugar+flour (CRAP). Hot dogs=crap. Hot dog buns=crap. Kashi=crap+fiber. Coleslaw=cabbage+mayo+sugar (crap, eat fresh cabbage).

Like others have said, eat meat (anything living that's slower than you are, or dead already), tuna, milk, nuts, cheese, eggs, more meat, veggies.

motor head
07-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Are you aiming to become a powerlifter?. Some of these guys will eat just about anything to bulk and any weight is good weight, talking about leverage and what not.........anyway i digress, a whole other thread.

Below is a good list of food to choose from.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

'glass o water' - is that really all the water you consumed in a day? My 1 year old son drinks more than that. Get about a gallon down at least.

Bread is good, as long as its wholemeal, not banana. Get a load of complex carbs on board. Brown carbs eg brown rice, w/meal pasta and so on.

A diet like you have posted would make a lot of people feel like crap.

If you struggle to maintain a clean diet, have an off day and eat whatever. Some people can do this, some cant.

Big No on the power lifter thing.

As far as the water thing the 3 ice tea's are all water right? Not sweet tea though, I drink green tea, the all natural snapple ones. I cant drink that much, I think a gallon might kill me...

The part thats confusing me is always hearing on here "EAT" anything. If its clean, cool... McDonalds, also cool. And now I hear Im eating poorly:confused:

motor head
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
The pork cutlets and the milk are about the only thing there worth eating (and the asparagus). Banana bread=sugar+flour (CRAP). Hot dogs=crap. Hot dog buns=crap. Kashi=crap+fiber. Coleslaw=cabbage+mayo+sugar (crap, eat fresh cabbage).

Like others have said, eat meat (anything living that's slower than you are, or dead already), tuna, milk, nuts, cheese, eggs, more meat, veggies.

I thought, Banana bread-carbs, sugar=energy good, Hot Dogs-Lots of dead animal ground up together=not the best but dead animal none the less. Buns-carbs=good. Kashi bars-all natural-whole grains, fiber, protein=good. And Coleslaw is'nt cooked so its fresh.

But I get the idea about there being better stuff to eat to bulk and will eat that stuff as much as i can. I just did'nt think there was much bad with yesterdays food since I was at least eating ALOT and more than half is "good food".

Tennessee Mike
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
It just sounds to me that you need an all around education on nutrition for performance.Your philosophy of things being"good for you" doesnt mean they will help you achieve your fitness goals.Start off by educating yourself on what Protein,Carbs,and fat are and what they do.Then find out how much you need a day of each.

motor head
07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
ya, your right.

borracho
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Here is an example of my diet m-f...probably not the best example..but, better than what you have

4am:protein shake/and or eggs if i have time to cook

10am chicken breast (or chicken burrito) w/half avocado and tomoato

12pm burger w/avocado and half a bun

2pm same as 10am

6pm 4-6oz ground turkey and beans/tomato

8pm protein shake

Also, if I am siting idle at home, hugry...I eat peanut butter. Peanut butter is your friend.

That some what resembles what I eat on a non-lifting day...if I am going to lift, I tend to eat a lot more (especially carbs, but good ones through out the day and especially right before I work out).

Once again, not the perfect example.

motor head
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
holy damn, do you get tired of eating mexican? I realize you live in NM but whoa. Im not even sure were aloud to eat like that in NY..haha

manowar669
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I sure hope avocados are cheaper there. I'm at $1.40 each here. Sometimes on sale for $1 each.

borracho
07-30-2008, 07:37 AM
holy damn, do you get tired of eating mexican? I realize you live in NM but whoa. Im not even sure were aloud to eat like that in NY..haha

I see no mexican..and I see no mexican food... there is a big difference between mexican and New Mexican food..same for the people.

As for the eating, some times I do get tired of it...but it really does not add up to all that many calories when you count them up.

Oh, btw, one other thing for snacks are those turkey meatballs from trader joes..those things are the **** with some marinara sauce on them for a snack..I think its like 140 cals and 12g protein for two balls..or some thing like that.

jpw204
07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Motor head...

I am also relatively new to this. I have come to learn a few things though.

1. Prepare as much of your own food as you can so you know what is going into it (Hot dogs may contain animals, but what other crap goes into it?)
2. Count your calories and nutritional intake on a site like fitday or calorie-count. You will be amazed at how bad some foods really are for you, and you will quickly learn what to buy and not to buy.
3. Protein, Protein, Protein

motor head
08-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Okay I think Ive gotten alot better and have been meaning to make an update to this thread.

Today

Naked Brand "Green machine" shake
Power Bar, protien bar

3 Italian sausage w/peppers and onions on bread
Naked "protien Zone"
1 Green tea

Chicken Tetrazini about 5-6 cups
glass of milk
2 glass water

scheduled for tonight

6 cups fruit shake w/yogurt/ various fruits.
2 cups of ice cream

Murmur1
08-02-2008, 06:41 PM
eat some dead animals tonight ty.