PDA

View Full Version : how to slow bulk?

powerboy93
07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
*yes this is another one of those muscle w/o the fat threads sorry* so I am trying to get get more muslce while trying to be as lean as i can, it took me along time to get be able to get some abs/ well cut pecs. (im bulding up slowly so I gain muscle not fat) crrent stats: 15 y/o 145.8 pounds. I used to be 154 but I droped ten pounds..im alot stronger @145 then @ 154 also my waist is smaller so im guessing the weight i droped was fat/water.

an example for Myy diet right now(i know its not very good):

its summer break so i wake up very late lol

11:00 am - a glass of 2% milk with a bagel.

11:30 am- a plum and a peach(some times with nuts)

12:00 pm- some baked patatoes/chicken/veggies and somtimes rice

* work-out time*

1:30 pm- 2% glass of milk

2:30 pm- a banana and some nuts

4:00 pm- more fruit

5:00pm- more fruit/veggies

6:00 pm- more fruit(I know i eat alot of fruit)

8:00 pm- chicken breast or some red meat/rice/yogurt

9:00 pm to 11:00 - sometimes snack on fruit/nuts

Sleepppp

Is should I continue this type of eating for a slow gain in muscle while staying lean? or should I eat more?less? how about whey protine? I also f***ing train my ass off in the gym.

Thanks!

RhodeHouse
07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Well, you ain't gonna gain much. Sorry. Fat and muscle are best friends. The fatter you get, the more muscle you'll gain. When you're ready to get the ridiculous build muscle/stay lean ideas out of your head, PM me and I'll help you out. I'm not being a jerk, just being honest.

I'll say it again, clean bulking (or slow bolking) is like watching a dog chase it's tail. It's just never gonna get it.

Detard
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, you ain't gonna gain much. Sorry. Fat and muscle are best friends. The fatter you get, the more muscle you'll gain. When you're ready to get the ridiculous build muscle/stay lean ideas out of your head, PM me and I'll help you out. I'm not being a jerk, just being honest.

I'll say it again, clean bulking (or slow bolking) is like watching a dog chase it's tail. It's just never gonna get it.

Agreed.

Dont be afraid of fat. It wont bite.

TopCat
07-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Big man is right, muscle and fat are friends. You will gain fat while building muscle, all you can try and do is limit how much. I would say to go X calories over maintenance but at your age you probably don't have a clue what that is. Just keep track of your weight, the weight you move, and the mirror. If you are dissatisfied with what you see in any of those areas adjust it.

If I actually knew how to put weight on at age 15... wasn't even half way to Rhodestown at that age!

powerboy93
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
ok.. im down screw my abs :''(. how to I get this bulking going?

Tennessee Mike
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Seriously,Im a huge fan of lean ground beef.You can cook it a million ways and it digests well.

Lean Beef
steak
Whole Eggs(scrambled or omellettes)
Chix
Turkey
Potatoes
bread
oatmeal
Peanut butter
Bagels
Milk

Eat every 2 and a half to 3 hours(whether your hungry or not).

Auburn
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, at 15 and 145lbs. it's not something to worry about. But, if you don't track macronutrients, a generous TKD diet seems to be a decent way for a lot of people to add a little muscle without fat.

RhodeHouse
07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, at 15 and 145lbs. it's not something to worry about. But, if you don't track macronutrients, a generous TKD diet seems to be a decent way for a lot of people to add a little muscle without fat.

He's 15, dude. OP, just eat exactly what Mike posted. Eat until you're full. Pause, and continue eating. You should almost throw up 2-3x per day from eating. That's how you gain weight. Repeat as often as necessary.

Unreal
07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
You eat a lot of carbs, tons of fruit, and the only protein I see is two cups of milk and 2 chicken breast. You need a lot more protein. I would atleast double your protein intake and go from there. I would also vary your carbs. Cut back on the fruit and try some oats/rice/pasta. Add in some eggs, beef, pork, fish, seafood, turkey, bison and any other meat you can find.

borracho
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Between 2pm and 6pm you have 4 fruit feedings. Every time you get the urge to be a fruit eating fairy, go eat a cow or a chicken...and yes, that means at 11pm when you're getting ready to go to bed..nothing wrong with achicken breast at 11pm...and get some peanut butter with it...and switch to whole milk.