PDA

View Full Version : IPA Pro-AM

chris mason
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
We are one of the sponsors of this meet and I will be attending. I cannot tell you how fired-up I am about this meet! It is going to have some of the best of the best and records will be falling!

Check out the lineup here: http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/8694

If you are attending or competing please feel free to say hello.

Chris

sayagain
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm planning on being there on Sunday for the heavyweights. Looks like its going to be an awesome meet.

Ben Moore
07-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Will and I are trying to make it over to watch. Wanted to lift, but with our current training situation it couldn't happen.

Cricket_Fire
07-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Sick lineup. More meets with athletes of this caliber will be great for the sport. One of the best parts of powerlifting is beginners can compete in the same meets as the top guys, but these big names facing off against each other will be awsome

SGT ROCK
07-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Wow what a great lineup! My friend Greg Panora is going to hit a BIG total, this guy is one of the best and gets little press. He is from northern Maine and a super nice guy, moved to Ohio to train with the Westside boys and just keeps putting up higher and higher numbers.

Semper Fi

Lones Green
07-30-2008, 03:26 AM
really wish i could make it to this meet. got too much going on though!

chris taylor
07-30-2008, 05:56 AM
I'll be there coaching on friday and lifting on sunday.
This is my first national level meet since 2005, After my health issues in 2006 I had to take it down a notch and Just havent felt led to do a big meet till this one. I just hope I do my best and try and hang with some of these freakazoids. Training has been crummy so I am lifting by the Grace of God.

CT

Travis Bell
07-30-2008, 06:26 AM
I'll be guest benching, along with a couple other guys on Saturday, but I plan on being there on Sunday as well.

Brent, you are correct, Greg is set to be a very big force to be reckoned with once again. Personally I have him taking the heavies (by forumula) if not, in the top three.

bigbadwolfe
07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow what a great lineup! My friend Greg Panora is going to hit a BIG total, this guy is one of the best and gets little press. He is from northern Maine and a super nice guy, moved to Ohio to train with the Westside boys and just keeps putting up higher and higher numbers.

Semper Fi

I'll be there on Friday and prolly on Saturday most of the day.

Rock,

Greg is a freak and will bust a 800 bench real soon!!! I agree he dont get enuf press, I've told him he needs to get out there and sell himself and get some damn exposure. He is a BEAST and will finish real high if not 1st.

bigmoney
07-30-2008, 05:21 PM
That roster looks so damn good!! I assume Louie is going to sell dvd's of the meet since he is not allowing video cameras?

Lones Green
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
That roster looks so damn good!! I assume Louie is going to sell dvd's of the meet since he is not allowing video cameras?

either that or he dosen't want the internet video critics

douglasoh5
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Id say body-tech is going to be filming.....they do a kick ass job...def one of those things everyone should buy....and I will be there all weekend. lifting friday then helping the rest the weekend.....Who's down for some beer friday night?

Jason Pegg
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Id say body-tech is going to be filming.....they do a kick ass job...def one of those things everyone should buy....and I will be there all weekend. lifting friday then helping the rest the weekend.....Who's down for some beer friday night?

silly bitch, you KNOW I am!

Jason

thewicked
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
this is me.. pissed about not being able to go!

Travis Bell
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
either that or he dosen't want the internet video critics

actually that wasn't Louie's call. Mike Ferguson is the meet director and he is paying for one of the videoing companies to do it. It'd be kinda pointless if everyone took video and nobody bought the DVD's.

chris mason
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Semper Fi

Panora is STUPID strong!

chris mason
07-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll be there coaching on friday and lifting on sunday.
This is my first national level meet since 2005, After my health issues in 2006 I had to take it down a notch and Just havent felt led to do a big meet till this one. I just hope I do my best and try and hang with some of these freakazoids. Training has been crummy so I am lifting by the Grace of God.

CT

Chris, I look forward to meeting you there. I may not recognize you in person so feel free to come up to me and say hello.

In fact, the same goes for any of our lifters I have not met in person. Oh, and wear your AtLarge shirts! :)

mikesbench
07-31-2008, 08:12 AM
This would be an awesome meet to go to, some amazing lifters to watch.

vdizenzo
07-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Good luck to those competing. I am jealous so many of you are going. Have a great time.

Rob Luyando
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Confused. Is it Pro's on Sat or Sunday?

Travis Bell
07-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Amateurs are on Friday, lightweight Pros (and guest benchers) are on Saturday, Heavies are on Sunday

vdizenzo
07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Confused. Is it Pro's on Sat or Sunday?

Look who came out of the closet? What's up big boy?

Rob Luyando
08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Look who came out of the closet? What's up big boy?

Just training. Heat is killing me! Cheap bastard that owns the gym refuses to put a air conditioning unit it so its like being in a sauna. At 270ish that hard on an old man. Wait a minute I own that gym. LOL!

Eric Downey
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Man you shirts must smell great. Do the walk in to the meet by themselves to or do they need help?

chris mason
08-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Just training. Heat is killing me! Cheap bastard that owns the gym refuses to put a air conditioning unit it so its like being in a sauna. At 270ish that hard on an old man. Wait a minute I own that gym. LOL!

Lol!

Rob Luyando
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Man you shirts must smell great. Do the walk in to the meet by themselves to or do they need help?

I train with my shirts at Carps gym only because he has central air. LOL!