PDA

View Full Version : ME Bench from 7.30.08

Travis Bell
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Well I was going to get in my shirt one last time but my normal handler was sick so I had to go with some different guys and I didn't want to place them under the pressure of me benching in my shirt. Things can happen too quickly if you aren't used to it. I did raw 2brd and then did 4brd work afterwards.

Vin, tell me what you think man. I tried to bring the bar lower this week, and I felt like I did because my elbows kept more tucked which is why I think I still hit a PR even though I just did this 2 weeks ago. I think my stomach flattened a little, but it didn't appear quite as much? I'm really tryin hard to tune things up before I head to Ohio.

U6UinTWCeuU

Two weeks ago for comparison if it helps at all

KS6E-e0BzYA

Travis Bell
07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
15lb PR, whoops, I thought I did 525 last time. I wouldn't have gone for 530 if I had known I'd only done 515 two weeks ago haha

powerboy93
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
This might sound very dumb but im not very experinced lol... what does the wood do?

vdizenzo
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
This might sound very dumb but im not very experinced lol... what does the wood do?

He he powerboy said "wood." I hope some of you are old enough to remember Beavis and Butthead

We call them boards. It's board pressing. It is to strengthen the lockout portion of the lift.

vdizenzo
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Trav, great elbow position. Plus you seemed much tighter in your lats. You had great leg/hip drive, but you were not heaving it like you were in the previous vid. You are ready. Stay tight and keep your elbows in good position and you are going to kick ass. Now just chill, get your head right, and let your body takeover.

powerboy93
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
He he powerboy said "wood." I hope some of you are old enough to remember Beavis and Butthead

We call them boards. It's board pressing. It is to strengthen the lockout portion of the lift.

yea I meant boards sorry... and yep Beavis and butthead was a awesome show lol

Detard
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Great pressing travis. Thats some huge weight brother!

Eric Downey
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Travis your a lock out freak man. I did notice the butt coming up a little. Goodluck at the ProAm

vdizenzo
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Travis your a lock out freak man. I did notice the butt coming up a little. Goodluck at the ProAm

The butt will be fine with the additional weight on the bar when he puts his shirt on.

Ben Moore
07-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Nice work man - that's awesome.

chris mason
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Strong!

Now do some full ROM work in that shirt to get ready for the meet!

essentialherb08
07-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Nice technique bro. Keep it up. Ur an inspiration

Travis Bell
07-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Trav, great elbow position. Plus you seemed much tighter in your lats. You had great leg/hip drive, but you were not heaving it like you were in the previous vid. You are ready. Stay tight and keep your elbows in good position and you are going to kick ass. Now just chill, get your head right, and let your body takeover.

Thanks Vin. I really do feel ready. I felt so much better yesterday

The butt will be fine with the additional weight on the bar when he puts his shirt on.

yeah, I've been working on my foot placement as well with that. That bench that I'm on is quite low to the ground, its not competition specs but I think I'll be good at the meet

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm really excited about this meet. Its going to be a blast

mikesbench
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Looking strong Travis.

WillNoble
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
great work man

kingkong51
08-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Well I was going to get in my shirt one last time but my normal handler was sick so I had to go with some different guys and I didn't want to place them under the pressure of me benching in my shirt. Things can happen too quickly if you aren't used to it. I did raw 2brd and then did 4brd work afterwards.

Vin, tell me what you think man. I tried to bring the bar lower this week, and I felt like I did because my elbows kept more tucked which is why I think I still hit a PR even though I just did this 2 weeks ago. I think my stomach flattened a little, but it didn't appear quite as much? I'm really tryin hard to tune things up before I head to Ohio.

U6UinTWCeuU

Two weeks ago for comparison if it helps at all

KS6E-e0BzYA
Great lifting