PDA

View Full Version : My diet

vdizenzo
07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I have had a request for my diet and supplementation. Here it is:

Meal
1 egg, one half lowfat hamsteak (about 3.5 ozs), and two slices of all natural white bread with Smart Balance spread

Meal
2 scoops Nitrean with skim milk and water, 5 ALN fish oil caps

Meal
8-10 oz of either lean ground beef, chicken, or steak with either 1.5-2 cups of rice or 1.5 potatoes, and a serving of veggies.

Meal
2 scoops Nitrean with skim milk and water, 5 ALN fish oil caps

Meal (about 1 hour before training)
8-10 oz of either lean ground beef, chicken, or steak with either 1.5-2 cups of rice or 1.5 potatoes, and a serving of veggies.

Workout
I start drinking 40 ozs Gatorade, with a scoop of protein, and 8 grams of leucine while warming up. I also take an ALN multi and ETS. I continue drinking the Gatorade mix throughout my workout.

Post Workout
Immediately upon finishing I drink 100 grams of carbs from Ultra Fuel powder with 8 grams of leucine. I take an ALN multi and ETS. 5-10 minutes later I drink a scoop of Nitrean mixed with skim milk and water.

Post-post Workout (about an hour later)
1.5 scoops of Nitrean with skim milk and water

Snack if I'm awake and hungry
Snack will either be a pack of Trioplex choc chip protein cookies and a glass of skim milk or a turkey, ham, or roast beef sandwich on all natural white bread.

A couple of notes. I will on occassion eat bad meals, but I try to no longer let that turn into a bad day/days. My lunches are easy because whatever is prepared for dinner the night before is prepared in quantity so that I can eat it for lunch the next day--makes it really easy. Sometimes a dinner or lunch consists of hot dogs, kielbasa, tacos, etc. However, I make much healthier choices. I buy healthy one's hot dogs and kielbasa which only has 2 grams of fat per serving. The tacos are made with lean ground beef or chicken. If I am hungry I have snacks. I will eat fresh fruit, natural peanut butter sandwiches, natural peanuts, low fat cheese on crackers, rice cakes, veggie booty, and the like. I do not keep any junkfood in my house.

I try to eat all my meals at home. I remember when I was a kid we ate very large meals with desserts and we were not fat. I think as long as you are eating good whole foods prepared at home you should be ok. It's all the fast food crap and processed foods that are making so many obese. Yes, I am the same guy who drank a gallon of Gatorade a day, ate a box or Ring Dings a day, and ate fast food on a daily basis. This was on top of my home cooked meals and supplements. I was a hard gainer and I did everything in my power to gain. You could say I was on a 10 year bulk. Now I am starting my slow cut.

I feel as good as I can ever remember. I have my training, conditioning, recuperation, diet, and supplementation all in order. Matt Rhodes and I bounce a lot of ideas of each other and he has helped me come up with much of this. I also owe a lot of thanks To AtLargeNutrition for taking care of my supplement needs. They are a quality company and I am grateful for their support.

Questions, comments, abusive statements...Let 'em fly.

Gable
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Thank you for this.

It's encouraging to see too, as I have been eating very similarly recently.

The timing of some of it gives me some ideas to try as well.

Thanks,
Gable

ryuage
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
is there any body comp goals behind this diet? and why the need to add leucine?

vdizenzo
07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Again, I got a request for this. I was not really looking for a critique, not that I mind it. Now I am curious what people think.

I have no hard and fast body comp goals behind this diet. Like I stated, my diet used to be a wild ride. I was 328.5 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal this time last year. If I were to guess I would have said my bodyfat was in the low twenties (not very proud of it, but it helped me accomplish a 600 raw bench--mass moves mass). I am now 296 and I would guess I am in the upper teens for bodyfat. I am pleased to say that my strength is just as good as it was at 328.

I pretty much follow Justin Harris' principles on dieting, if you are not looking to get under 12%just clean it up and make good choices. As far as the leucine, it is to assist in protein synthesis. I am basically following the pre/during/post workout theories from the book Nutrient Timing.

Overall my goal is to get in better shape maintain/increase my strength level and compete in the 275 class. So that means I would like to cut another 10 lbs so I only have to suck 10 to make the 275 class. I guess I'll get my bodyfat tested for giggles. It has just never seemed importatant to me. I was always just concerned with strength. Plus my health which surprises most doctors is excellent.

KarstenDD
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
A) Justin Harris follows the Dizenzo Diet guidelines.
B) Please don't follow through with the "242 by 40" plan as it will break my heart.
C) How much protein was the palm of your hand?
D) No protein powder right now, mondo peanut butter sandwiches, good idea?
If you don't answer before training tomorrow I'll just ask you then.

Never mind about the powder, I have more money than I thought.

drew
07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Your diet makes me realize how bad my diet really has been. I've cut my intake and have added in my old friends lean meats and vegetables. I'm going to go back to 198s by October.

Whatever you have been doing, at least body-wise, it seems to be working.

Karsten looks like he eats pork fat and jelly beans 8 meals a day. Whatever works.

vdizenzo
07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
A) Justin Harris follows the Dizenzo Diet guidelines.
B) Please don't follow through with the "242 by 40" plan as it will break my heart.
C) How much protein was the palm of your hand?
D) No protein powder right now, mondo peanut butter sandwiches, good idea?
If you don't answer before training tomorrow I'll just ask you then.

Never mind about the powder, I have more money than I thought.

A)Justin looks the part so I like to follow his advice
B)I will probably not go down to the 242's just yet. I'd like to hang out and see what I can do at 275's now especially considering how good I feel.
C)4 oz
D)Try some raw eggs, milk, and some hershey's syrup in the blender and then eat the peanut butter sandwich.
E)Plan on training at 5:00pm tomorrow. I don't want to rush you and have you all pissed at me like last week. You scare me.

Drew, thanks for the kind words. I'm trying hard. Glad it's inspiring you.

BoAnderson71
08-05-2008, 12:55 AM
what is leucine and what does it accomplish?

KarstenDD
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
what is leucine and what does it accomplish?

Its an amino acid.

As far as the leucine, it is to assist in protein synthesis.

Lones Green
08-07-2008, 03:24 AM
great diet Vin. mine looks VERY similar to that, i try to incorporate some of Justin's principles as well. you do a good job at getting in carbs with your protein to spike insulin, and with the amount of carbs you take in around your workout, your glycogen levels must be restored pretty quickly!

i think i saw somewhere awhile back that you were reading the book Nutrient Timing, no? i am in the middle of it right now, reading about the energy phase.

vdizenzo
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
great diet Vin. mine looks VERY similar to that, i try to incorporate some of Justin's principles as well. you do a good job at getting in carbs with your protein to spike insulin, and with the amount of carbs you take in around your workout, your glycogen levels must be restored pretty quickly!

i think i saw somewhere awhile back that you were reading the book Nutrient Timing, no? i am in the middle of it right now, reading about the energy phase.

Thanks. Yes, I read and follow the principles of nutrient timing. The book goes too much in detail about studies, but I guess some people like that. Other than that, I think the book is fantastic. Sam Byrd said he uses the principles also. That's good enough for me. Sam is strong and yoked.

Lones Green
08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks. Yes, I read and follow the principles of nutrient timing. The book goes too much in detail about studies, but I guess some people like that. Other than that, I think the book is fantastic. Sam Byrd said he uses the principles also. That's good enough for me. Sam is strong and yoked.

Sam is a strong guy. i was at the meet when he squatted 1100, he was on cloud 9. it was a cool day.

the only thing i don't do is the during workout shake. i have a MAXIMUS and a RESULTS shake an hour before lifting, 10g BCAA's right before, and half a MAXIMUS shake & a scoop of waxy maize immediately after. i figure thats enough to recover!

Tennessee Mike
08-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow.This is a true testament that not all powerlifters are slobs..This is a damn good diet.More discipline than Im adhering to right now.Looks like your not stuffing your face every meal either.Letting digestion take its course.And if your makin gains,then you know its good.Low in fat,so you must be leaning out a little.Nice work.

ryuage
08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow.This is a true testament that not all powerlifters are slobs..This is a damn good diet.More discipline than Im adhering to right now.Looks like your not stuffing your face every meal either.Letting digestion take its course.And if your makin gains,then you know its good.Low in fat,so you must be leaning out a little.Nice work.

low in fat does not equate to losing fat

Keith
08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Sam Byrd said he uses the principles also. That's good enough for me. Sam is strong and yoked.

Which is exactly why I purchased the book, too.

Very nice to see a strong powerlifter eat so clean and follow a strict plan in this area. You'll be a complete monster (not that you already are) if you ever decide to bring your body fat below 12-15%. But this will probably never happen, right?

RedSpikeyThing
08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Nice, that's the kind of approach I want to take this fall. Big three meals, with a couple of smaller good snacks in the middle and good workout nutrition.

RhodeHouse
08-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Look Cenzo, everybody's sucking your ding dong, now. Funny.

ryuage
08-09-2008, 11:28 AM
i think i prefer ding dongs over twinkies

Tennessee Mike
08-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Really?Ya dont say?Wow,thanks man.

ryuage
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
keep up the sarcasm mike... you are the one who made the statement and I was correcting the information for others who might read your misled statement.

cphafner
08-09-2008, 01:19 PM
That is a great sample bulk diet. Thanks for posting. This belongs in the diet and nutrition sticky imo.

Tennessee Mike
08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Dude,chill out.I only said that because its obvious that Vincent hasnt always eaten this strict.I never said anything about low fat equating fat loss.Trust me,I know alittle bit about the subject.Rhodes even made a comment about him being in his best shape awhile back.I didnt mislead anyone.I commented on his diet and told him he was doing a good job.If he's eating that clean and still keeping his weight up,then he's doing something right and alot healthier for it.

cphafner
08-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Dude,chill out.I only said that because its obvious that Vincent hasnt always eaten this strict.I never said anything about low fat equating fat loss.Trust me,I know alittle bit about the subject.Rhodes even made a comment about him being in his best shape awhile back.I didnt mislead anyone.I commented on his diet and told him he was doing a good job.If he's eating that clean and still keeping his weight up,then he's doing something right and alot healthier for it.

Low in fat,so you must be leaning out a little.

I read it the same way Ryuge did. It sounds like you are saying low fat = losing fat.

Tennessee Mike
08-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Low in fat,so you must be leaning out a little.

I read it the same way Ryuge did. It sounds like you are saying low fat = losing fat.

OK.Next time I post,I will be sure to explain myself thoroughly.So everyone can understand.

vdizenzo
08-09-2008, 06:43 PM

How about low in saturated fat?

vdizenzo
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
That is a great sample bulk diet. Thanks for posting. This belongs in the diet and nutrition sticky imo.

Thanks. However, this is my cutting diet. Down 12 lbs. in 8 weeks.

vdizenzo
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. You are dead on.

vdizenzo
08-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Which is exactly why I purchased the book, too.

Very nice to see a strong powerlifter eat so clean and follow a strict plan in this area. You'll be a complete monster (not that you already are) if you ever decide to bring your body fat below 12-15%. But this will probably never happen, right?

My ultimate plan is to get to about 260 and within striking distance of the 242's for next summer. I'm hoping to be in that 12-15% range then. I'm holding at around 295 right now because I will be competing in the bench show at the Olympia. The heavy class is up to 259. Everything over that is SHW. I feel good so I don't want to gain any weight, but then it makes no sense for me to lose any until after the comp.

cphafner
08-10-2008, 07:23 AM
OK.Next time I post,I will be sure to explain myself thoroughly.So everyone can understand.

That should always be your goal when posting.

cphafner
08-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks. However, this is my cutting diet. Down 12 lbs. in 8 weeks.

Gotcha. I think this could easily be a bulkin or a cutting diet. Just need to make sure the cals fit the goals.

RhodeHouse
08-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Vincent's bulking diets are something to be seen. They are the things legends are made of. You guys would be jumping down his throat, much like you do to me, if he posted what he ate to get to 328.5.

How could this be a bulking diet, anyways? No Ring Dings, fried food, McDonald's, ice cream - there is nothing that remotely resembles a true bulking diet. Maybe if you're 150lbs, but seriously. It's a sad state of affairs in the world of iron if this resembles a bulking diet. Where did society go wrong?