PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez

FlipYa4Fake
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Peace out Manny!! What a bum. I'm happy he is gone. Great hitter, average outfielder, horrible attitude, horrible team moral. Glad he is gone!

MrWebb78
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I am excited. Bay is good and will be even better playing at Fenway, and for a contender. I still hope they pursue Matt Holliday in the offseason even though they will have Bay through 09.

Chris Rodgers
07-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Peace out Manny!! What a bum. I'm happy he is gone. Great hitter, average outfielder, horrible attitude, horrible team moral. Glad he is gone!

Hehe, being a Yankee fan I am very glad he is gone too. He only bats like .500 against the Yanks.

It'll also be fun to see that David Ortiz is just going to be a slightly above average power-hitter now that pitchers don't have to worry about Manny behind him. :evillaugh:

Hatred
07-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Who? The Axe Murderer?

cphafner
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I think you Sox fans are crazy that you're happy he is gone. The man was a Yankee killer. Every Yankee fan is pshyched. A lot of people around here in NYC think he will wind up with either the Yanks or Mets next year.

Y2A
07-31-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm not happy he is gone, but there really was no option left. He was just becoming too much trouble. Nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes so I can't blame him or the organization, but it was time for him to go. Hopefully Bay plays well in a Sox uniform, the monster will be his friend.

mike42506
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
yeah im glad hes gone also..

BigCorey75
07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
i dont think it was a good decision at all to let Manny go and im nowhere near a redsox fan.

Hears why

this has been a few years in the running, the redosx is a proud storeid organization, and they have thrived by doing that, the organization itself thrived without over glaring superstars going all out and crazy and having fun. Now the yankees on the other hand have always had charismatic players who were "stars" and were wll known public figures, while the sox have had great players but none went agaisnt the grain, until manny, and then he got hyped up anytimg he did something all kilter ie going to piss behind the gren monster, and espn blew it up as "manny being manny" and this cultimated over the years and in a since it became a show to watch the team and "omg whats manny going to do next" and honestly i think that pissed the front office off. and instead of letting him produce and be himself they tried to suppress it and he didnt give in, he kept having fun and doing what he wanted and they cause the trouble to the point to where no one was happy and they were wanting a reason to let him go and he got tired and did **** to get let go.

now its time to see how much of a genuious theo epstein is, manny is one of those tolerance v. performance, players. as long as he produces above tolerance u let it slide, and imo manny produced well, especially against ur hated arch rivals the yankees, and honestly i dont think his "antics" were a big deal at all, as long as he slugged 35-40 hr a year and batted in 120 and hit .300, he can have a tea party behind the green monester i all i give a **** as long as hes back on the field, but for some reason the ego of the redsox front office couldnt take it and **** let him go.

the biggest reason, the Red Sox dont win a single world seris without manny. Do you honestly think any one would pitch to Ortiz in a clutch situation without manny behind him? Ortiz is going to lose alot of protection without manny and i dont see him making clutch HR's as much because they will just ptich around him. So yeah no big hits for Big Papi anymore without manny to protect him, kiss your playoff run behind you.

three, manny is smarter than people think, yeah he agreed to be traded, but he also dropped his option, so this means the dodger have to make a deal with him or he becomes a free agent and there are only two big market teams out there that are contenders that could afford manny, hello mets and hello, who?? the Yankees!!!

this might come back to bite boston in the ass who knows

i wouldnt have made the trade, i would have patched things up, hes too valuable of a palyer to lose imo

drew
08-01-2008, 06:11 AM
As a Yankee fan, I'm glad to see him go. This may be the dumbest move the sox have made since letting Clemens go, or leaving Pedro on the mound in the '03 playoffs.

Cirino83
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
I have mixed feelings. Sure he is an incredible hitter but his attitude and presence is screwing up the team. I guarantee with him gone they get back on track and back in 1st place. As far as being a yankee killer, that mattered like 6 years ago when the yankees were actually good and a threat. They are like the geriatric team of mlb. Only good players IMO are jeter (which I hate more than any human) and A-rod, who I like for some reason.

He was saying stupid **** too which makes it easier to let him go and I heard there was a team vote and all but one voted him out. I'm excited to see what Bay can do on a competitive team in front of sold out crowds.

kevowamo
08-01-2008, 08:11 AM
he's going to hate playing in a deep(er) left field. either way, i really dont think anyone can beat the angels in a 7 game series...theyre really good

JoseAlonso
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm a huge Yankees fan so I am glad that he's out of the Boston line up. Then again, he just joined my boy Torre so we'll see how all that plays out. MLB's been very interesting this year, I'm hoping the Cubs can do something big in the postseason (unlikely) but we'll see.

yankeekd25
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Yankee fan here and I am STOKED he's gone. He's a true Yankee killer. I'd much rather take my chances with Bay, who has never played for anything meaningful in his career. I think he's batting like .216 with runners in scoring position? Manny has always been a .300+ hitter with RISP. NICE JOB THEO!!!!

Chris Rodgers
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
As far as being a yankee killer, that mattered like 6 years ago when the yankees were actually good and a threat. They are like the geriatric team of mlb. Only good players IMO are jeter (which I hate more than any human) and A-rod, who I like for some reason.

This quote will be funny to look at when the Yankees place higher than Boston this season. Boston is done. Tampa and the Yanks will battle it out and the most dangerous team is obviously the Angels.

Cirino83
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
So far I like Bay in Boston. He's quicker, he hustles, he's better on defense, seems to be hitting just fine in the AL and he's not a pain in the ass who breaks team chemistry.

LightningandIce
08-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I think it would be awesome if the Dodgers beat the Yankees at the World Series.

yankeekd25
08-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I think it would be awesome if the Dodgers beat the Yankees at the World Series.

I think it would be awesome if my Yankees even made the playoffs. They are so inconsistent.