PDA

View Full Version : New pair of kicks!!!

ZenMonkey
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I just bought these in 8.5. I wear a 9-9.5 in most shoes and I think my chucks are 8.5s. I'm pretty excited even though I can't lift for 5-7 more weeks. I can squat with a belt and stuff like that but not until I get the stitches removed. Hopefully this will happen on Tuesday... they said they were taking at least 1/2 of them out then. Anyway, any opinions on these?

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/doolwesh.html

Reko
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
I have them and love em. Great for OLY lifts, ATG squats, and overhead stuff.
I have the red ones.

ZenMonkey
07-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Sweet!!! So glad to hear it. I ordered the red ones too and they meet my needs perfectly. How did you size yours?

Guido
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
I have a pair very similar to those, too. I do my snatches and clean and jerks in them. They work quite well. How big is the heel on those?

thewicked
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
original black and whites.. doesn't get any better baby!

ZenMonkey
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
original black and whites.. doesn't get any better baby!

are you talking about the VS ones? i read somewhere that they are old Do-wins....(questionable source though)

thewicked
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
lol chuck taylor converse all-stars is what I'm talking about. I saw chucks mentioned in your topic and imho..no other shoe reps like the chucks though those new shoes of yours look pretty damn snaz! I LIKE!

Reko
07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
I actually bought mine from a friend. He ordered a size 12 or 13, and they sent him 9.5 lol. So he kept them and wore them like twice, and I just bought them off him for a pretty darn good discount if you ask me. I wear a 9.5 tennis shoe, so these are like a size, maybe 2 too big so you should be spot on I would think. It doesnt bother me though because i just crank the velcro and laces down and its fine for what i need them for - overhead and oly/front squats.

ZenMonkey
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
lol chuck taylor converse all-stars is what I'm talking about. I saw chucks mentioned in your topic and imho..no other shoe reps like the chucks though those new shoes of yours look pretty damn snaz! I LIKE!

hells yes they are snazzy, thats the whole point. they need to make some shiny chucks so you don't look so silly with you plain ones.:)

yea, i love my chucks but lack some hip and ankle flexibility so hopefully this will help me cure that.

ZenMonkey
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
I actually bought mine from a friend. He ordered a size 12 or 13, and they sent him 9.5 lol. So he kept them and wore them like twice, and I just bought them off him for a pretty darn good discount if you ask me. I wear a 9.5 tennis shoe, so these are like a size, maybe 2 too big so you should be spot on I would think. It doesnt bother me though because i just crank the velcro and laces down and its fine for what i need them for - overhead and oly/front squats.

great to hear... i have time to send them back if I need a different size too, since I am unable to lift for a while
\thanks

Reko
08-01-2008, 09:18 AM
hells yes they are snazzy, thats the whole point. they need to make some shiny chucks so you don't look so silly with you plain ones.:)

yea, i love my chucks but lack some hip and ankle flexibility so hopefully this will help me cure that.

I have double ply chucks for squatting, single ply for everything else. Seriously :)

Ben Moore
08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I have double ply chucks for squatting, single ply for everything else. Seriously :)

He's serious...

Tom Mutaffis
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Here is the place where most poeple get them from: http://store.wfwclub.com/shoes.html

Very reputable source for sizing info so you may want to shoot them an email, although since you have time and Muscledriver is a good company it should not be a big deal.

Have been looking into getting a pair for myself - everyone that I have spoken with seems to like the do-win's although some people have a tough time adjusting to the heel since it is a little higher than the adidas shoe and some other OLY's. Should be great for your ankle flexibility and stability though.

Ben Moore
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
You can also get them from my friend Scott Tully at bsolympicgym.com. Great customer service.

ZenMonkey
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Here is the place where most poeple get them from: http://store.wfwclub.com/shoes.html

Very reputable source for sizing info so you may want to shoot them an email, although since you have time and Muscledriver is a good company it should not be a big deal.

Have been looking into getting a pair for myself - everyone that I have spoken with seems to like the do-win's although some people have a tough time adjusting to the heel since it is a little higher than the adidas shoe and some other OLY's. Should be great for your ankle flexibility and stability though.

this guy is a couple hours from me.... he carries KBs and bumper plates.... no more shipping payments!!!!!!!

Tom Mutaffis
08-01-2008, 11:36 AM
this guy is a couple hours from me.... he carries KBs and bumper plates.... no more shipping payments!!!!!!!

Awesome. They actually don't charge for shipping on some of their bumpers so maybe you can negotiate the prices a bit - since it is obviosly saving them a good amount by having you come and pick them up.

f-rider
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
are you talking about the VS ones? i read somewhere that they are old Do-wins....(questionable source though)

They are old Do-wins. Nothing wrong with that, though! I like mine, the heel is solid and very tall (a lot taller than Adidas and other weightlifting shoes). They're also a size too big (so you need to order a size down). They're great for squats and for benching (because of the tall heel).

ZenMonkey
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Just got em in a 42. A little heel slippage... normal due to the angle of the sole and how i am standing? my toes were not at the tip... maybe a thumbs width away from the tip of the shoe. they probably could have been tighter. are plain cotton socks the best to wear with these?

ZenMonkey
08-05-2008, 11:22 AM
bumparooni

Reko
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I have about the same distance, maybe a little less. I just crank down the velcro after tying them pretty tight and they stay fine. Feet start to go numb after a while but by then its usually time to take them off.

I wear whatever socks I happen to grab.