PDA

View Full Version : Bread

co14on
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Okay guys, I don't have a strict diet or anything like that. I'm 17 years old and I'm not looking to get as much muscle as fast as possible. I eat a a tonn, but I find myself eating a lot of bread aswell. like.. 8 slices a day . It's not horrible bread, its 100% whole wheat. But my point is.. is too much bread bad? I work out 5x a week in the morning. work same muscles 2x a week. etc. I know its physically not a lot.. but better food could take its place.. its just such a convenience.. it goes well with things.. sandwiches are easy. any help would be great
Thanks guys

vdizenzo
07-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm be curious about this also. I eat all natural white bread, the only thing I make sure of is that it has no high fructose corn syrup. Alwyn Cosgrove told me the only thing eating whole wheat over white might do is add one week on my life. I really like white bread. I eat four slices a day.

cphafner
07-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm be curious about this also. I eat all natural white bread, the only thing I make sure of is that it has not high fructose corn syrup. Alyn Cosgrove told me the only thing eating whole wheat over white might do is add one week on my life. I really like white bread. I eat four slices a day.

This is the take on whole grains from the author of the TNT diet

5. Avoid added sugar and refined grains. Primarily, this means foods that are made with sugar -- regular soda, cake, cookies -- or with flour that it isn't 100 percent whole wheat -- for instance, white bread and white pasta. Technically, these carbohydrates are allowed in the Reloading Time Zone, since their purpose is to raise insulin levels. But we highly encourage you to eat quality sources of carbohydrate. That is, carb-rich foods that are also packed with nutrients, such as 100 percent whole grain products and high-fiber beans. These are what we call Nutrient-Dense Carbohydrates.
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=weight.loss&category=transform.2007&conitem=5d7d1d8690fd2110VgnVCM20000012281eac____&page=5#reload

vdizenzo
07-31-2008, 09:49 PM
This is the take on whole grains from the author of the TNT diet

5. Avoid added sugar and refined grains. Primarily, this means foods that are made with sugar -- regular soda, cake, cookies -- or with flour that it isn't 100 percent whole wheat -- for instance, white bread and white pasta. Technically, these carbohydrates are allowed in the Reloading Time Zone, since their purpose is to raise insulin levels. But we highly encourage you to eat quality sources of carbohydrate. That is, carb-rich foods that are also packed with nutrients, such as 100 percent whole grain products and high-fiber beans. These are what we call Nutrient-Dense Carbohydrates.la
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=weight.loss&category=transform.2007&conitem=5d7d1d8690fd2110VgnVCM20000012281eac____&page=5#reload

My white bread is all natural with no refined sugars. Although it may not be as great as 100% whole wheat, it's definitely better than regular white. Interestingly when looking at labels I am surprised at how many 100% whole wheat breads are made with high fructose corn syrup.

I am not familiar with the TNT diet. Thanks for the information. I am going to try to make the switch to 100% whole wheat when I find one that I like, does not have high fructose corn syrup, and does not have wheat gluten as one of the first couple of ingredients.

ryuage
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
i eat miltons whole grain plus... about 90 calories 1g fat / 15g carbs (5g fiber)/ 5g protein per serving

vdizenzo
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
A bread update. I am now eating Arnold 100% Wheat with no high fructose corn syrup.

Whuditdew
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Bread limits the amount of nutrients your intestines can absorb and contains little nutritional value.

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Bread limits the amount of nutrients your intestines can absorb and contains little nutritional value.

why does it limit the amount of nutrients your intestines can absorb?

what do you mean by little nutritional value? I'm looking at my Nature's Own sugar free 100% whole wheat and there are 8 vitamins/minerals, protein and good complex carbs. I'm confused...

BFGUITAR
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
On my bulks I go through whole wheat bread fast. I usually make double decker PB and J sandwhiches. They contain a lot of B vitamins and are high in fiber.

vdizenzo
08-11-2008, 02:35 PM

You really need to qualify a statement like that.

Travis Bell
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd also be interested as to how bread does that. Its carbs after all. I eat tons of bread.

RhodeHouse
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Bread is fine. We're all gonna die anyways. Why not enjoy eating some good old-fashioned Wonder with PB and Fluff? I'm gonna eat white bread tonight. Tell me how bad it is for me.

Tennessee Mike
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I always buy the cheap white or wheat.Kroeger brand,99 cents.

ryuage
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Bread is fine. We're all gonna die anyways. Why not enjoy eating some good old-fashioned Wonder with PB and Fluff? I'm gonna eat white bread tonight. Tell me how bad it is for me.

:tuttut:

hellagrant
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I do the same thing you do. Eat tons of whole wheat grains throughout the day. 8 slices is not much, unless you are really small. I always make sure I got protein on my bread however. Usually peanut butter, white meat, etc.

The only problem is all the fiber that whole wheat grains have. Being a guy who is trying to gain weight, all that fiber always makes me feel full.

vdizenzo
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM

Short liv, I mean long live Mayor Rhodes!

Whuditdew
08-14-2008, 04:01 PM
why does it limit the amount of nutrients your intestines can absorb?

what do you mean by little nutritional value? I'm looking at my Nature's Own sugar free 100% whole wheat and there are 8 vitamins/minerals, protein and good complex carbs. I'm confused...

My bad, I meant to specify WHITE bread.

Reko
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM

He's back!

BF - doubler decker PBJs for breakfast and lunch at work every day man! Cheap, easy, lots of cals, and tasty!

Edit- I use potato bread for my sammiches. I bought it by mistake once and it turns out its pretty delicious I think.

essentialherb08
08-15-2008, 03:52 AM
As long as it doesn't have gluten its ok. I declare war on gluten:indian:
We as humans have only been eating grains for a short time, evolutionary speaking.
Bread has nothing much too offer except carbs and if your Brand is good enough it might be sprinkled with some vitamins n minerals. It has no amino's or essential fattys. Plus to many grains or carbs in general cause insulin resistance or so I read...

essentialherb08
08-15-2008, 03:54 AM

:withstupi:

RhodeHouse
08-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I just ate 2 PB and Fluff sandwiches on WHITE BREAD! Oh no! The gluten and intestinal stoppage is gonna kill me! What shall I ever do? I think I'll have WHITE TOAST with breakfast.

I am living on the edge. Don't push me, I might fall off...

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Wild man that Matt Rhodes...

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I do have a question... Will white bread and sust make me bench more?

Reko
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I do have a question... Will white bread and sust make me bench more?

Only if you can push 237 pounds on the prowler in exactly 4.7 seconds. Otherwise you are too slow and should just quit.

I read that on the innerweb it must be true.

Keith
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I just ate 2 PB and Fluff sandwiches on WHITE BREAD! Oh no! The gluten and intestinal stoppage is gonna kill me! What shall I ever do? I think I'll have WHITE TOAST with breakfast.

I am living on the edge. Don't push me, I might fall off...

We need you back here more often. It's comments like these that we truly miss. You go MIA far too often, dude.