PDA

View Full Version : i wanna look like john cena...

gamodye
08-03-2008, 05:36 AM
i am gonna start a new program... details follow. Basically, i wanna have a body like (i know everyone is made up differently) john cena's. i know he put a lot of work into his, and i will do the same with mine...

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/johncena/photos2/posedphotos/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/johncena/photos2/posedphotos/
http://mobile1.wwe.com/content/2404464/2839148/4718206

Equipment available:
soon enough, i will be purchasing a 'mini home gym'. this will include:
a strong power rack (with pullup bar)
a 7ft barbell with 140KG (about 308 pounds)
a flat or flat - incline bench
a dipping station (homemade)
and stepup/ calf raise block

i will be making another thread in the nutrition section for food options

Training
i searched these forums for a while now, and i have picked up a few facts about weightlifting...
i can train (pretty much) any day of the week. i have decided to go for a split (don't know what its called, where i workout monday, tuesday, thursday, and friday. feel free to recommend a better schedule/ split.
the split would be:

Monday
chest, back, tri's, bi's, shoulder's.

Tuesday
legs, abs

Thursday
chest, back, tri's, bi's shoulder's.

Friday
legs, abs

i know you probably think this is horrific or something, feel free to say how i should change it...

Stats:

i am young, and scrawny..
FRAMETYPE: Small ( i think)
HEIGHT: 5ft 10in
WEIGHT: 130 pounds (ish)

if you require other information, or something above doesn't make sense, please comment, and i will give the necessary feedback...

thank you very much.

joey54
08-03-2008, 06:53 AM
get a short haircut.

you can't see me!

and it will take some time for you to develop your body like John Cena did. Your program might not be horrific depending on your sets and exercise selections, but you will probably benefit from using a beginner routine first. This takes time. Also, looks like John Cena possesses some great genetics, so that too does play some role in the body you will be able to develop. Nothing is impossible, but you won't get to this by a year, or heck maybe even 5.

gamodye
08-03-2008, 07:06 AM
yea cheers, i was infact watching a documentary on john cena...

believe it or not, he was very skinny and weak, and was the size of someone who got bullied a lot. then his dad got him a weight set, and then he joined the local gym, and by the age of 16, he was HUGE!!! some good genetics there!!!

i was thinking about the starting strength routine, however i realized that it was almost completely about major muscles... and (i know this sounds newbish) i don't know if that would work the smaller muscle groups (bi's, tri's...etc), or if you would have to add extra exercises for these in afterwards...?

thanks

gamodye
08-03-2008, 07:31 AM
i am gonna start a new program... details follow. Basically, i wanna have a body like (i know everyone is made up differently) john cena's. i know he put a lot of work into his, and i will do the same with mine...

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/jo...2/posedphotos/
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/jo...2/posedphotos/
http://mobile1.wwe.com/content/2404464/2839148/4718206

i will be making another thread in the weightlifting section for weight options...

Food available to me:

Protein: some protein powder mix (30g of protein when mixed with milk), all milks, chicken, canned tune, whatever is in oats, most cheeses, eggs, peanut butter, oatabix, ham, pepperoni, [sometimes: minced meat, pork, beef, lamb].

Carbs: oats, oatabix, rice, wholegrain bread, chocolate/ snack bars, [sometimes: pasta]

Fats: olive oil, peanut butter, most cheeses, butter, others that i don't know about

Fruit, Vegetable, and Vitamins: banana, apple, kiwi fruit, oranges, broccoli, lettuce, peach, beans, others i don't know about

Hated foods/ not liked: avocado's, pork, lamb, cauliflower, sprouts.

Stats:

i am young, and scrawny..
FRAMETYPE: Small ( i think)
HEIGHT: 5ft 10in
WEIGHT: 130 pounds (ish)

i was thinking about 25g of protein per meal, 600 calories per meal, 6 meals a day, 150g of fat per day, 200g of carbohydrates per day, 150g of protein per day.

my rough, possible schedule:

7:00am first meal

11:15am second meal (more in a snack form)

2:15pm third meal (more of a meal, however possibly uncooked)

4:30pm forth meal (pre workout)

6:00pm fifth meal (post workout)

8-9:00pm sixth meal (full, cooked meal)

that is all i can think of, if you need anything else, just ask, there is another of these threads (however for the actual workout) in the weightlifting forums...

thanks very much

ZenMonkey
08-03-2008, 07:39 AM
base your routine around squatting

gamodye
08-03-2008, 07:48 AM
how come squatting?

JHarris
08-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Because nothing builds overall muscle like squatting. There's a reason why it is the king of all lifts.

Twirl
08-03-2008, 08:12 AM
In all the major compound movements that the SS introduces it in directly hits the smaller muscles (such as the bi's and tri's you seem so concerned about). The reason they say start with them, is to start a good foundation. It's like anything else, you need a solid base to build on or your fighting an uphill battle. Sure you can tweak it a bit, but you won't need to for quite sometime. Oh and the answer to 90% of peoples question about getting big. EAT! Your mouth controls your size, the gym determines it shape.

AJ_H
08-03-2008, 08:13 AM
how come squatting?

Lol. The more muscle you traın the hıgher your metabolısm wıll be so the quıcker your whole body (ıncludıng your arms and chest) wıll grow. The majorıty of the bodıes muscle ıs on the thıghs. Squats traın the thıghs. Look at any pro bodybuılder or strength traıner. They all squat.

Gilles1975
08-03-2008, 08:18 AM

believe it or not, he was very skinny and weak, and was the size of someone who got bullied a lot. then his dad got him a weight set, and then he joined the local gym, and by the age of 16, he was HUGE!!! some good genetics there!!!

thanks

And to think there are so many idiots trying to stamp out bullying. They just don't understand what a positive impact it can have on a skinny boy's life.
Irresponsible f**kers:evillaugh:

BTW it's my ambition to look like Ted Dibiase, is there something wrong with me?

gamodye
08-03-2008, 08:38 AM
thanks very much guys...

i have a feeling i will go for monday (squat, bench press, deadlift), wednseday (squat, press, power clean), friday (squat, bench press, deadlift), monday (squat, press, power clean), and so on...

thanks

bill
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Not to burst your bubble, but Cena was a bodybuilder doing contests at one point. He was pretty impressive and more than likely used anabolics then and may still dabble to keep his size.

The only real reason I bother, is I remember being 13-14 and wanting look like Arnold or some of those guys. It was a big realization finding most everyone that gets near that size used steroids.

You will get out of it what you put in though. Work hard and smart and you will become impressive, it may be better than Cena maybe not. Good goal to shoot for.

AJ_H
08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
thanks very much guys...

i have a feeling i will go for monday (squat, bench press, deadlift), wednseday (squat, press, power clean), friday (squat, bench press, deadlift), monday (squat, press, power clean), and so on...

thanks

There's no rowing...and you might not be able to hack squatting three times a week (I can't).

cphafner
08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
thanks very much guys...

thanks

No way you will recover properly on that routine.

Torrok
08-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Bad training split dude
Either look up Ripptoes routine or do somthing like: Push, Pull, Leg split.
As everyone else says do compounds..lots..

you might have to age a bit to before you get there..

Shouji
08-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Whats wrong with WBB1. :/

ZenMonkey
08-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Whats wrong with WBB1. :/

dont do wbb 1.. no good

Squat
Row
Bench

DL
OH Press
Pullups

Front or OH Squat
SLDL
-One Movement- anything you need work on- ie: lockout help? add dips
stability help? add decline situps

chris1991
08-03-2008, 11:00 AM

errm why wouldn't he recover on that routine you commented on? that is afterall ripptoes starting strength routine... which is what's suggested for most new people to weight training

TheGMan
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Dont look into this too much, you are a good age t pack on size, eat at regular times i would say every 2 - 3 hours so - 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10 or somthing like that and try one of the WBB routines for starters. John is a very big fella and i would say has used some form of "enhancer" to get that big.

jAy_Dub
08-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I hope you realize you have 10+ years of strict eating, lifting, and sleeping ahead of you if you ever want to achieve a body like Cena.

Good luck and start eating your ass off.

cphafner
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
OP - please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

Notorious
08-03-2008, 01:12 PM

You do realize that is just Starting Strength, right?

You picked a good routine. Eat right and your whole body will grow. After a while, you can add in the occasional set of abs, dips or curls for some extra work.

cphafner
08-03-2008, 01:34 PM

You picked a good routine. Eat right and your whole body will grow. After a while, you can add in the occasional set of abs, dips or curls for some extra work.

For some reason it looked like a lot more volume. Maybe I read it too quickly.

WillNoble
08-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I hope you realize you have 10+ years of strict eating, lifting, and sleeping ahead of you if you ever want to achieve a body like Cena.

best post in this thread....Plus the years of drugs use Cena has been doing

jAy_Dub
08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
best post in this thread....Plus the years of drugs use Cena has been doing

Yea, definitely a decent amount of drugs too.

He was asked in an interview if hes ever done steroids. His answer was something like "Well thats a hard one to answer with the current views being so negative. I cant say that I haven't but you'll never be able to prove that I have."

I thought his response was perfect haha.

WillNoble
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, its such a witch hunt now, I definitely don't blame him, or any of the other freaks in the WWE from keeping a lid on their drug usage

joey54
08-03-2008, 07:34 PM
To add to this, I saw something where John Cena denied ever using steroids. He was upset with the way the interview he did was edited, and I think it might have been TMZ which showed the entire footage. He claims he never did them, but with how it is now he can't prove he never did them. Might be able to look it up. Give me a minute or so.

joey54
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
http://22.tmz.com/2007/11/12/wwe-takes-cnn-to-the-mat/

looks like the video is no longer available, but here is the link to the story.

dasher
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
lol cena also put alot of other things into his body to (steroids) wen i started man i was exact same height weight as u....interesting, im now 200 pounds and 21 yo

dasher
08-03-2008, 09:59 PM
i think but wen u get to say 200 pound, u have a good solid build, so weight can become irrelevent in terms of " look " if u dont wont to get ne bigger size wise...but when ur 130 u have to make gains in size......coz reality is if u wont to look unique u dont wont to be cut and the same size as everyone...natural people can look muscly at 130, coz they have low body fat, but put that on a 200 pound body and it looks respectful

skimmilk68
08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
There's no rowing...and you might not be able to hack squatting three times a week (I can't).

how come rippetoes routine has me squatting 3x a week then?

Songsangnim
08-04-2008, 02:30 AM

Only it's not.

SS has you deadlifting ONCE a week for starters not twice. And the lifts are on different days than SS recommends.

gamodye
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
i think i got the information from a starting strength routine that someone must have put on the internet somewhere else, probably slightly different to the actual one...

i know cena has a crazy body... i doubt i will ever get near that big, but you can always have aspirations...

PS. sorry for the double threading, however i wanted to know about food and training, so i put them in separate sections...

McLaughlin
08-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I would like to echo people's advice regarding sleep. Try not to get less than 8 hours a night, shoot for 9 or 10.

Other than that... eat/lift repeat

JBegic3244
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM

John Cena is also sauced up on a good amount of steroids. Trying to look like John Cena is near impossible in terms of size, leaness and muscular roundness. There are excpetions, like the top 1% of the population that are genetic freaks, and they prob cant match his size and conditioning. Steroids are distorting the NAtural lifters perceptions.

gamodye
08-22-2008, 11:26 AM
lol cena also put alot of other things into his body to (steroids) wen i started man i was exact same height weight as u....interesting, im now 200 pounds and 21 yo

cool, ill probably start a journal soon... i got my weights, however i still need to learn things, and get the diet nailed. i will see what i look like in a few years... (hopefully more than now)

wolverine4545
08-25-2008, 04:23 PM
hey im also looking into the Starting Strength Routine and I was wondering what does he mean by Press? Does he mean Bench?

gamodye
08-26-2008, 05:35 AM
im not sure, but seeing as you do bench on another day, im pretty sure he means shoulder/ military press

Reko
08-26-2008, 06:43 AM
I would like to echo people's advice regarding sleep. Try not to get less than 8 hours a night, shoot for 9 or 10.

Other than that... eat/lift repeat

I shoot for 5 - 5.5 hours of sleep during the week. Weekends its about 8.

jAy_Dub
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I shoot for 5 - 5.5 hours of sleep during the week. Weekends its about 8.

Wow, I wish I could function off of 5 hours a sleep.

gamodye
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
yea, like 8 - 9 is what i now aim for, and what i probably get anyways.... before i started lifting i was on like 7 hours, and was often tired

Keith
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM

Yeah, and PLENTY of drugs. I don't give a **** about what he says being natural, either.

British Pimp
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Man, you guys really know how to kill some dreams! Of course I understand and agree about the goal of looking like Cena but you guys could at least counterbalance it with something positive...

Anyway, to the OP, do the "Starting Strength" program, continually increase calories and I guarantee that it won't be long before you're one of the biggest kids in school. Good luck.

Keith
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Man, you guys really know how to kill some dreams! Of course I understand and agree about the goal of looking like Cena but you guys could at least counterbalance it with something positive...

Kill dreams? I'd rather be realistic with people and give them the truth as to how some of these physiques become attainable. This way they won't become so frustrated in a couple years time if they fall short. That's me, at least.

jAy_Dub
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Kill dreams? I'd rather be realistic with people and give them the truth as to how some of these physiques become attainable. This way they won't become so frustrated in a couple years time if they fall short. That's me, at least.

The only downfall to this approach is kids thinking that drugs are the magical answer in the beginning and not when they actually need them. If the OP is serious enough about getting a physique similar to Cena's then he will learn later on that drugs play an important role.

Keith
08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
The only downfall to this approach is kids thinking that drugs are the magical answer in the beginning and not when they actually need them. If the OP is serious enough about getting a physique similar to Cena's then he will learn later on that drugs play an important role.

Exactly.

Sorry, are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point?

If kids use steriods because they think they're the magical answer, then they're just plain idiots. Hell, when I was a lot younger I thought they were, too. But I would never consider using them. Most people in general will always think this, but at the end of the day, it's up to them to decide whether or not they wish to educate themselves before using.

jAy_Dub
08-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Exactly.

Sorry, are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point?

If kids use steriods because they think they're the magical answer, then they're just plain idiots. Hell, when I was a lot younger I thought they were, too. But I would never consider using them. Most people in general will always think this, but at the end of the day, it's up to them to decide whether or not they wish to educate themselves before using.

I agree.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but you say you'll never consider using them? Didn't you have a first cycle planned out on here a few months back?

Keith
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but you say you'll never consider using them? Didn't you have a first cycle planned out on here a few months back?

Ha. Sorry, I meant at that young age, I never would consider using them. I will use them eventually, but in time.

AJ_H
08-29-2008, 06:16 AM
how come rippetoes routine has me squatting 3x a week then?

yeah I know, I was reading over this post and I can't believe I posted that now.