PDA

View Full Version : Training Partners Needed in D/FW Area...

Ben Moore
08-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I have a friend that I went to high school with who is trying to start training for Strongman in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you are training down there now or know of anyone, please let me know so that I can find some people for him. Thanks!

post here or

volfan77 (at) yahoo.com

or pm me

Darracq
08-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Have you tried Badattitudegym.com

Ben Moore
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I have a friend that I went to high school with who is trying to start training for Strongman in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you are training down there now or know of anyone, please let me know so that I can find some people for him. Thanks!

post here or

volfan77 (at) yahoo.com

or pm me

Yes, I think he has, but his focus will definitely be more on the events. Thanks though!

Bob
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't know of any gyms personally... but I do know that the 2008 ASC 105kg Strongman National Championships is in Dallas, TX on August 15th & 16th.
http://www.americanstrongman.org/competitions/schedule_detail.asp?CompID=67

Maybe send Dione a email... and see if the equipment is coming from a local gym? dione@americanstrongman.com

Ben Moore
08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Haha - yeah I already knew that. I told him about that as well. Thanks man.

jthomas
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Talk to the guys at BadAttitudeGym. Sean Donegan owns it and he cant point your friend in the right direction. One of the best gyms in the country. Have him check it anyways if he wants to get stronger

Ben Moore
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Talk to the guys at BadAttitudeGym. Sean Donegan owns it and he cant point your friend in the right direction. One of the best gyms in the country. Have him check it anyways if he wants to get stronger

Thanks J - I'll let him know.

thewicked
08-03-2008, 08:52 PM
i'm in D/FW.. metroflex in arlington has a pretty big strongman following considering the area. DFW has tons of good gyms too! Dynamic barbell, metro, bad attitude, texas gym, stroud's, etc. I'd throw my hat in the ring but I'm wanting to focus strictly on powerlifting.. not strongman.