PDA

View Full Version : Carrots

jpw204
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I have been eating carrots as of late, despite the fact that I don't particularly enjoy them. My friend noted that they are "bad" for you, and essentially just a starch much like a potato. I typically just snack on them during work, only a handful. Are the carbs within carrots really that bad for you, that it outweighs the nutritional benefits?

Fiftysev3n
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I think the health benefits of carrots far outweigh any potential carb dillemma you might have. I eat them every day at work as well.

My post count is too low to post links, so google "Benefits of Carrots" and click on the how stuff works link.

getfit
08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.healthmad.com/Nutrition/The-Health-Benefits-of-Carrots.58009

EAT your carrots!

ryuage
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
the fact that you dont particularly enjoy them is enough not to eat them

AUMM
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.healthmad.com/Nutrition/The-Health-Benefits-of-Carrots.58009

EAT your carrots!

"As carrot is fat-soluble substance, its nutrition is absorbed better with the presence of oil. Therefore, it is better to dip one drop of olive oil into a glass of carrot juice so that our body can effectively absorbed its nutrition."

interesting

jpw204
08-06-2008, 07:09 AM
I knew carrots were good for me!! Thanks

manowar669
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
"As carrot is fat-soluble substance, its nutrition is absorbed better with the presence of oil. Therefore, it is better to dip one drop of olive oil into a glass of carrot juice so that our body can effectively absorbed its nutrition."

interesting

I didn't read the link, but this seems odd. Vitamin A is fat soluble, but Beta-carotene is what you get from carrots, which is water soluble and converted to Vit-A in the body as needed.
Just eat the damn carrots, THEY'RE CARROTS for Christ's sake! You have to eat a LOT of carrots to get any significant amount of sugar. 7 baby carrots is only 15 calories, so less than 4g sugar.