PDA

View Full Version : gaining weight and 40's

FootballLifter
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
any correlation?
because I gained 12 pounds all muscle this summer and my forty was ehh compared to before summer

I think it might have been coaches timing this day or som,ething with that damn clock timer because it happened to everyone
even people who are the same weight as before

Reko
08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
yea, the more 40s you drink the more you will gain unless you don't eat anything during the day. King cobra and olde english are all i have experience with though.

oh wait, other 40s :)
if your strength increases also, it shouldn't be a problem. some peoples can even go down when they gain weight becuase they get stronger and more efficient.

Notorious
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
If you weren't practicing sprints, then that's why.

FootballLifter
08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
yea, the more 40s you drink the more you will gain unless you don't eat anything during the day. King cobra and olde english are all i have experience with though.

oh wait, other 40s :)
if your strength increases also, it shouldn't be a problem. some peoples can even go down when they gain weight becuase they get stronger and more efficient.

ha :D

But I did get a lot stronger especially in my legs!

I guess it could have been a lot of things especially when you are being hand-timed.

FootballLifter
08-04-2008, 08:16 PM
If you weren't practicing sprints, then that's why.

I was conditioning but that is it.

Reko
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
As you gain weight it is likely your mechanics will change also. Like what was said above, you will still need to practice it to a degree to become efficient at it and learn how to use your weight.

Mike G
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
As you gain weight it is likely your mechanics will change also. Like what was said above, you will still need to practice it to a degree to become efficient at it and learn how to use your weight.

Exactly. You can't just add weight and expect to be faster because you're stronger. You have to learn to use the added strength and that means running 40's regularly, not once or twice over the summer. But, if it was hand timed and everyone was slower, you're team was either lazy over the summer, or your coach was off his game timing.