PDA

View Full Version : acclimating yourself to benching triples?

thewicked
08-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I've been having trouble grooving of late and have been doing some serious work to fix it and it seems to be helping..

instead of doing a straight set of 3..if i started re-racking the weight every rep, working on the hand outs, and grooving it right for 3 singles, would that be a good way of getting used to handling heavier stuff before TRYING it for triples? Normally on heavy weights I tend to start rolling and misgroove one or two and it messes me up for the next go-round.

what do you guys think?

Reko
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Are you resetting and repositioning after each rep or do you go straight into the next rep after the first one is completed?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I've been having trouble grooving of late and have been doing some serious work to fix it and it seems to be helping..

instead of doing a straight set of 3..if i started re-racking the weight every rep, working on the hand outs, and grooving it right for 3 singles, would that be a good way of getting used to handling heavier stuff before TRYING it for triples? Normally on heavy weights I tend to start rolling and misgroove one or two and it messes me up for the next go-round.

what do you guys think?

Probably stick to lighter triples. As your technique get better and you notice an increase in strength, then increase the weight. Also, a stronger back has helped me control the weight a lot better too.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Travis Bell
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree. If using heavier weights causes your form to suffer, lower the weight

that said, you'd better not be benching this week......

thewicked
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree. If using heavier weights causes your form to suffer, lower the weight

that said, you'd better not be benching this week......

LOL i haven't benched since last wednesday.. it's almost been a week. So tomorrow's benching is out still? I'm going CRAZY already.

REKO: Last week when maxing to make sure I was grooving well. I reset completely immediately after I finished each rep with 365 to make sure I was seating it right and it definately helped on the next few sets.

Travis Bell
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
correct, no benching this week at all

drew
08-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I'd say work on triples with less weight until you get it right. Really focus on holding your air for the whole set, this will help keep you stable on the bench and should keep your form right.

blkbelt65
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
hmm, never thought about triples, may give this a try.

what's up Drew.