PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Thompson - Strength FREAK!!!

chris mason
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Guys, check out this video edited by Travis Bell. These are all recent sessions of Donnie training at The Compound. The man is a FREAK!!!

K0tcZZLleas

Ben Moore
08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I saw these being uploaded the other day - nasty stuff!!!

vdizenzo
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Donnie is a very large land mammal.

BFGUITAR
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
What is the purpose of a safety bar squat?
And how do cambered bar squats help normal squats?

Excuse my powerlifting ignorance lol.

chris mason
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
What is the purpose of a safety bar squat?
And how do cambered bar squats help normal squats?

Excuse my powerlifting ignorance lol.

Variety - easier on the shoulders etc.

chris mason
08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I think you guys need to consider what he is doing there. The man is box squatting over 900 lbs (it is more than 905 lbs as the bar weighs more than 45 lbs) to parallel, RAW!!! I just can't imagine that!

Rhesus
08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I can't even imagine what that kind of weight feels like.

Ben Moore
08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't realize that was raw - that's just nuts...

Travis Bell
08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Donnie is just crazy strong. I really can't wait to see him compete in a couple weeks

I changed the video a little at Donnie's request so I updated your post Chris with the new video. Donnie's humility is something that makes his accomplishments all the more great.

LOL Vin I agree, he's HUGE. What impressed me the most was the size of his legs!!

The way he moves that weight with the saftey squat bar is a huge testiment to his core strength. Very very impressive

chris mason
08-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I say it is raw, but he may have briefs. I did not ask him, but based on no knee wraps and his other vids I am pretty sure it is raw.

=Travis=
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Watching that makes me either want to train harder or go home and lock myself in a panic room knowing that such a beast is out there lurking the streets. just kidding.
Awesome video

john bernor
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
amazing,,the man is the complete powerlifter,,God bless him...cant wait to see him run at 2900

thewicked
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
good god..who let that thing out of it's cage! Donnie is one of the greatest of all time for obvious reasons. AMAZING animal of a lifter!

bigmoney
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
MY mind can not fully process what I just watched. Absolutely ridiculous!

3whitelights
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I didn't even notice he was raw until you mentioned that, because it just didn't make sense to my mind that anyone would be doing that. Damn.

Lones Green
08-05-2008, 02:08 PM
oh my GOD. thats is beyond impressive with briefs, if those lifts are raw that is just absolute brute strength at its finest. he keeps that cambered bar from swinging, its almost completely still all the way up with 900 pounds on it. that SSB didn't make him lean forward either.

to the average person those are amazing feats of strength, but if you've actually used those bars it makes it that much more impressive. they are such thorns in your side, haha.

Chris Rodgers
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
to the average person those are amazing feats of strength, but if you've actually used those bars it makes it that much more impressive. they are such thorns in your side, haha.

Exactly the point I was going to make. Freakish strength if it was with a squat bar, but if you have used either of those bars you know how disgustingly freakish those lifts are. Always impressive stuff from Donnie! :strong:

KarstenDD
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
He is so massive he doesn't even hold on to the safety squat bar. With over 900 pounds on it.

bill
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a harder time getting up out of a chair than that. He made it look like an empty bar.

mikesbench
08-05-2008, 04:28 PM
WOW!

Travis Bell
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
He is so massive he doesn't even hold on to the safety squat bar. With over 900 pounds on it.

actually thats a way of making the lift harder. They make handles to allow you to hold on to it, or you can grab the knobs at the end but watch his hands during the lift, he really resists the temptation to grab onto the bar so it really hammers his core more

strongkid963
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
i thought he had ace breifs on I maybe wrong though.

richwilliams77
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Donnie is the truth. I train with him and it is so humbling when you think your strong and than you train with donnie and its like he just took my max effort squat and hammers it like speed squats. training with donnie your either going to get better or jealous Id rather get better. A lot of guys ran out on Donnie but training with a determined freak is not for the weak of heart. Im training with Donnie until I cant train anymore, You get better by those who are better than you.

Big rich
www.team-impact.com
Atlarge Nutrition real suppliments for real athletes.

bigbadwolfe
08-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Donnie is simply AMAZING no other word could describe him!!!

Glad to see he booted the MoHawk :)

Erik 23
08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Donnie is the truth. I train with him and it is so humbling when you think your strong and than you train with donnie and its like he just took my max effort squat and hammers it like speed squats. training with donnie your either going to get better or jealous Id rather get better. A lot of guys ran out on Donnie but training with a determined freak is not for the weak of heart. Im training with Donnie until I cant train anymore, You get better by those who are better than you.

Big rich
www.team-impact.com
Atlarge Nutrition real suppliments for real athletes.

That is so true you have to train with great lifters to keep getting better yourself.Ive personally never met donnie but let me just say he is a great lifter the guy is just overall strong in every lift.Those lifts were sick the guy dosent even hold onto the bar handles on the SSB And to Rich Williams keep doing the Team impact strength ministry i love what you guys do spreading the gospel and Showing brute strength i would love to do that someday God Bless

KarstenDD
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
actually thats a way of making the lift harder. They make handles to allow you to hold on to it, or you can grab the knobs at the end but watch his hands during the lift, he really resists the temptation to grab onto the bar so it really hammers his core more

Well that just makes my soul cry. He feels the need to make a 900+ saftey squat harder.

Sleep
08-06-2008, 06:25 AM
That is incredible.

There used to be an awesome video of him on youtube squatting 800+ raw for a triple, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyone have it?

Ramstein85
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Dude his trapz are like mountain peaks. LOL. Great video

chris mason
08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
That is incredible.

There used to be an awesome video of him on youtube squatting 800+ raw for a triple, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Anyone have it?

I am going to try to get it from the guy who hosted it.

Chris

Sleep
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I am going to try to get it from the guy who hosted it.

Chris

That would be great. I remember watching it and thinking that it was easily one of the most impressive feats of strength I had ever seen. He is a very intense lifter, very inspiring.

mike42506
08-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Beast

dumbbell
08-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Good Gawd!!

kingkong51
08-06-2008, 09:13 PM
that is the sickest thing ive ever seen