PDA

View Full Version : Routine Revision

ZenMonkey
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
M/W/F

Snatch, Squat, Row, Bench

Power Clean, Snatch High pull, DL, push press

CnJ, front or OH squat, sldl, kipping pullups

+ 2-3x a week GPP/Crossfit (one of which includes Plyo work)

im thinking of incorporating 20rep squats in here somewhere, what do you guys think?

Monday looks like a good place unless if is ill advisable to do them every week, if so i could switch them up with DE squats.. would that be ok to do DE after ME 5x5-3 squats? If not it then looks like wednesday might be the place.

Thanks for the advice:strong:

edit:
As I understand knee wraps they take some of the burden once above parallel thus decreasing work done by quads. True?

If so, what real benefits can I gain using them if I dont compete and dont care all that much about my #s now as I do just getting plain strong so the extra help given would be unwanted.

Eric Downey
08-06-2008, 12:20 AM
wont the cross fit worouts have you doing some over head and taxing upper body work as well. Its seem like it may be a little over kill.

ZenMonkey
08-06-2008, 08:21 AM
wont the cross fit worouts have you doing some over head and taxing upper body work as well. Its seem like it may be a little over kill.

This is true if I were to stick to the WOD. I will not be doing crossfit per se but various forms of GPP including yoga, hiit, ss cardio, plyos, boxing, mtn biking, rock climbing, obstacle courses and what ever else I can think of. This is of the crossfit mind set but not "Crossfit"

joey54
08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
maybe monday with the 20 reppers Zen, but not sure if you want to do them everyweek with everything else you are doing. Have you done 20 rep squats in the past?

ZenMonkey
08-06-2008, 08:54 AM
maybe monday with the 20 reppers Zen, but not sure if you want to do them everyweek with everything else you are doing. Have you done 20 rep squats in the past?

no i havent. i agree that is is starting to look like a little much, i just would like to have that kind of challenge and benefits from having this in there. (although i don't know what those will be.)

Would DE Squats switch well with 20reppers if they are on Monday? Is it customary to use westside conjugate for atg squats in an oly focus routine?

joey54
08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Defenitely someone more qualified than myself will have to answer those questions. I believe in the thread over in the bodybuilding section Travis B mentioned WSB guys have used 20 reppers after completing their DE work. Don't know how mixing Westside methods in with an Olympic focused routine like you are doing now, but I am sure many others here can answer that.

If you haven't done 20 rep squats yet, that might want to be the only leg work you do until later in the week. Initially they are brutal to recover from with heavier weight. What weight were you thinking of using?

ZenMonkey
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
whatever i can do 3x10 of- this is the general rule for 20 rep squats or "breathing squats"

ive also read many wsbers have put the 20 reps after ME too.

joey54
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
sounds like a good plan. keep us updated.