PDA

View Full Version : Can I drink gatorade instead of water?

HighSchoolGuy
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm bulking, just looking for a way to get extra calories. I'm just wondering if it's okay to drink gatorade instead of water, or will I dehydrate myself/ruin my kidney/liver?

Reko
08-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Gatorade = win.
Whole milk is also good too.
The cool thing with the gatorade, if you do it right, is you can get a sweet sodium bloat with it and hit some monster PRs. I haven't figured out yet how to time that so it happens every time, or if I just have to do it a lot, but I got lucky on my last squat night, which was awesome.

Reko
08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
if that is all you drank, maybe it might not be the greatest, but you do get a lot of water in the food you eat as well, so I don't think it will be terribly bad.

Chris Rodgers
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM
It would probably be better if you did a 1:1 ratio of water/gatorade. Or just buy the powdered form and make sure to use plenty of water. Definitely an easy way to add calories.

RhodeHouse
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
1 gallon a day

WBBIRL
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Just make sure you get the powdered form and mix it at most how strong they say, no stronger.

I like to take the lime and mix it about 3/4 strength of what they recommend in my water, gives it flavor but doesn't kill the calories. Although I'm 250 pounds and trying to get lighter, so your plans are going to call for something all together different.

Drinking a gallon a day will add on a few hundred callories, and it does well as as compliment to water.

KingJustin
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I think most the powerlifters on this board would definitely recommend it. Just look at the micros and see how they fit into what you're eating every day. Also, see how well you do with clean bulking vs "dirty" bulking. I know when I dirty bulk I get fat fast, but if I stay clean I can keep packing on a few pounds month after month. Other people don't gain **** when they stay clean and they pack on a lot more muscle when they eat more dirty.