PDA

View Full Version : Training with shirt ??

perksy
08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
G'day. First post here, just got a few questions for you guys.

I recently got an Inzer Rage X (single ply), its the first time using gear (got hardcore suit as well) and am wondering how you guys train with it and what other exercises to do and how to incorporate them into my program.

I lift 3 times a week, compete with Powerlifting Australia (IPF) at 82.5kg and have been focussing on powerlifting for around a year now (sometimes have to drop training for periods due to army commitments).

Here is a basic overview of my program.

1) Deadlift/speed box squat (also work back and some shoulders)

2) Bench/speed DL (chest and bicep)

3) Squat/speed bench (tricep)

Abs, hypers every session.

I usually do flat bench and squat every week, but will alternate DL with sumo, conventional, snatch and goodmornings. Pull sumo for comp.

I usually use a 6-8 week cycle starting at 10-12 reps and move down to 1-3 quite quickly.

How do I incorporate board presses, etc and how often should I train in the shirt, how far out from competc??

Thanks, Nick.

smokinHawk
08-07-2008, 06:27 AM
do you have a team or some people that use shirts in your area? that will help you the most in learning it.

perksy
08-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes been training with the local powerlifting club. We did a session last night and I must say I am loving the shirt. Its getting better each time I put it on and I really feel like I am starting to get used to it.

Last night I did some board presses in the shirt and some with no boards, after that I did around 5 sets of rack lockouts (first time tried these) and they felt very strong too, followed this with 2 sets of dumbell incline.

Would you recomend the lockouts after heavy shirt work? I usually do tricep (close grip bench) and speed bench the following session, but I have had to change my scedule to train at the club so I do thursday and friday, which means I am not doing the speed bench or extra tricep at the moment.

bigDman
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
i usally do triples doubles or singles in my shirt or with 1-3 board followed by lockout work (rev band rack lockouts 4-5 board... etc)

Ive seen great progress

perksy
08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks mate, I was thinking along these lines.

bigDman
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
an easy way to learn a shirt is
triples for two weeks
doubles for two weeks
then singles for two weeks