PDA

View Full Version : Went to a sports doctor

BFGUITAR
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
This guy is quite interesting. He is a chiropractor with several other degrees. He specializes in sports injury.

I told him my problem and he ran some tests on me. He told me to push with my leg along certain planes while sitting. While pushing my leg felt weak and very shakey. This included pulling/pushing motions with my leg.

He asked me how I sleep and I said on my stomach. He than told me that this isnt the best way to sleep. He than told me that my knee pain may be a result of an imbalance between my two legs.

It was interesting especially when he ran an exercise on me. I was on my stomach and we performed the same exercises with the same results. He than placed this foam piece on either side of me under my leg. He fiddled around with the positions while performing the same exercise again. The foam piece on my right was above me knee while the foam piece on my left was under my hip. We performed the same exercise again and there was no shaking at all. I felt more secure. He did some hip work on me as well as some other things (told me to sleep on my back), and some other things. He also said I can continue squatting as long as it is higher reps and if I wear my knee wraps.

He was quite affordable too... 50 bucks for the first time and 40 every time after.

jtteg_x
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
what kind of health concern did you walk in with?
when i went to a physical therapist for lower back pain from deadlift/squatting, she had me do some rehab stretching at home along with sleeping on my side with a cushion in between my legs. its very comfortable too.

BFGUITAR
08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Knee pain.

Invain
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Do you work your hams? I had very annoying knee pain on both legs and found that it was a muscle imbalance. I had never worked my hams before that, and month or two after I started my knee pain disappeared.

BFGUITAR
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I probably never hit them hard enough. I am now though. Glute ham raises and GMs are great for it.

ZenMonkey
08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
SLDL too. those murder my hammies

johnst_nhb
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
This guy is quite interesting. He is a chiropractor with several other degrees. He specializes in sports injury.

I told him my problem and he ran some tests on me. He told me to push with my leg along certain planes while sitting. While pushing my leg felt weak and very shakey. This included pulling/pushing motions with my leg.

He asked me how I sleep and I said on my stomach. He than told me that this isnt the best way to sleep. He than told me that my knee pain may be a result of an imbalance between my two legs.

It was interesting especially when he ran an exercise on me. I was on my stomach and we performed the same exercises with the same results. He than placed this foam piece on either side of me under my leg. He fiddled around with the positions while performing the same exercise again. The foam piece on my right was above me knee while the foam piece on my left was under my hip. We performed the same exercise again and there was no shaking at all. I felt more secure. He did some hip work on me as well as some other things (told me to sleep on my back), and some other things. He also said I can continue squatting as long as it is higher reps and if I wear my knee wraps.

He was quite affordable too... 50 bucks for the first time and 40 every time after.

All of this is very typical testing done by a chiropractor. For any ailment.

I am not saying anything is bogus, just saying that if you went in with neck pain, you'd get pretty much the same kind of tests (its happened to me several times).

Detard
08-10-2008, 09:47 AM
It wasn't Tom Sawa was it? Ive been to that guy and he works wonders.

BFGUITAR
08-10-2008, 09:50 AM
No it was some guy named Dr. Greenspan.
My knee doesn't hurt much at all when lifting, but it could just be the knee wraps. I am getting better nights sleeping on my back though.