PDA

View Full Version : chocolate milk?

lineman76
08-09-2008, 11:18 PM
is chocolate milk good for you after you lift some say yes some say no

CrazyK
08-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Fat free chocolate milk is fine post workout. Regular chocolate milk for the rest of the day if bulking is fine as well.

RhodeHouse
08-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Chocolate milk is fine. All who disagree are probably small and weak.

Whuditdew
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I would say no.

1 Chocolate is bad for you.
2 Milk is just liquid fat with water.
3 Milk you get from the store has hormones in it.

40 Nunc
08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I would say no.

I'm guessing you're lactose intolerant?

The most popular workout program recommended on this site (Rippetoe) suggests drinking 1 gallon of milk each day...

Jorge Sanchez
08-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I would say no.

:windup:

Chocolate milk is fine. All who disagree are probably small and weak.

Check and mate.

Blade55
08-10-2008, 09:41 PM
suggests drinking 1 gallon of milk each day...

Do you realize how much milk that is? I highly doubt many people would be able to do that. It's 2400 extra calories, but still.

Eric Cartman
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
The problem is the high sugar, I'm assuming.. that much sugar slows down the metabolism, gets converted to fat, and is unhealthy..

Travis Bell
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I would say no.

I fail to see the problem! hahaha

1. Chocolate is just tasty
2. I've found that liquid fat is much easier to get down the hatch than its gelatinous form
3. the hormones in milk won't hurt you at all

Personally I down chocolate milk all the time. That stuff is great

thewicked
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
haha the price per gallon here is the same as regular milk.. and when i'm bulking up (all the time HA!) I drink it on the regular. Usually as a form of snack or treat instead of eating cookies or other sweets.

Willie
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Even I drink chocolate milk (as a recovery drink) and I'm an endurance guy.

I can't imagine that it would be bad for a weightlifter, unless you're looking to cut carbs. There's lots of sugar both in the milk and the chocolate, which is preisely why it makes a good recovery drink for me.

BFGUITAR
08-10-2008, 11:14 PM
The hormones in milk is debatable. Here in Canada there is a specific hormone that is not allowed to be injected in to our cows while it is present in the US.

Milk is not just fat and water... it has calcium and vitamin D. There is no better way to get your calcium than from milk. This is very very important for a weightlifter. Not to mention 9 grams of protein per cup aint bad.

Kastro
08-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Not many things better that chocolate milk post workout.

FireRescue
08-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Fat free chocolate milk is fine post workout. Regular chocolate milk for the rest of the day if bulking is fine as well.

Wrong. There is research to support the fact that whole milk is more productive post WO than FF milk.

FireRescue
08-11-2008, 06:11 AM
The problem is the high sugar, I'm assuming.. that much sugar slows down the metabolism, gets converted to fat, and is unhealthy..

Since the question is about post WO sugar is not necessarily a bad thing. Some prefer to injest sugar in it's most simplist form at this time (dextrose).

RedSpikeyThing
08-11-2008, 07:26 AM

That would be the problem.

Gable
08-11-2008, 07:33 AM
I love chocolate milk.

Its a bit hard on me PWO, but I drink it here and there... its really good mixed with Chocolate Nitrean.. super chocolatey goodness...

CrazyK
08-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Wrong. There is research to support the fact that whole milk whole milk is more productive post WO than FF milk.Show me that evidence. The fat in the milk will slow down digestion of the sugars and protein, not something that is desirable post workout.

Whuditdew
08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
The hormones in milk is debatable. Here in Canada there is a specific hormone that is not allowed to be injected in to our cows while it is present in the US.

Milk is not just fat and water... it has calcium and vitamin D. There is no better way to get your calcium than from milk. This is very very important for a weightlifter. Not to mention 9 grams of protein per cup aint bad.

Actually the better way to get calcium is from collard greens.

If you want to drink fat, sugar, and hormones go ahead and keep downing the Chocolate Milk.

(I am not lactose intolerant, I just look out for my health)

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
is chocolate milk good for you after you lift some say yes some say no

Good is a relative term. What are your goals?

FireRescue
08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Show me that evidence. The fat in the milk will slow down digestion of the sugars and protein, not something that is desirable post workout.

I am not posting some broscience bull****. This was a legit study.

I agree with your reasoning but it did not hold up in the study. The study directly compare fat free milk to whole milk PWO and whole milk was the winner. Lyle McDonald has written on this study and seemed equally confused as to why the results were the way they were and could not come up with a reason as to why.

I'm sure the study would be an easy one to find. If you cannot find it let me know and I will find it later.

RhodeHouse
08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Mr. FireRescue - hormones are great for you. Are you kidding me? They're great for our professional athletes, Olympic athletes, the governor of the "great" state of California, Rambo/Rocky, Hilk Hogan, and the list goes on. It's always the yogurt, sprout eating guys who rag on some of the greatest tools in the weightlifter's diet.

Take a look at a bull. Jacked up yoke, big chest, very muscled, powerful animal. I'd much rather look like a bull than like a range fed chicken.

I bet you don't eat white bread because it's supposedly bad for you.

Tennessee Mike
08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
If your goal is size/strength then theres nothing wrong with chocolate milk.Especially if your a young guy.Chug it down.Only someone concerned with bodyfat and gaining weight from excess sugar should avoid it.Look at most weight gainers and protein shakes.Tons of sugar.Make your own with chocolate syrup,peanut butter,bannanas,ice cream,etc. Save a ton of money.

FireRescue
08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Mr. FireRescue - hormones are great for you. Are you kidding me? They're great for our professional athletes, Olympic athletes, the governor of the "great" state of California, Rambo/Rocky, Hilk Hogan, and the list goes on. It's always the yogurt, sprout eating guys who rag on some of the greatest tools in the weightlifter's diet.

Take a look at a bull. Jacked up yoke, big chest, very muscled, powerful animal. I'd much rather look like a bull than like a range fed chicken.

When did I say anything about hormones?

And not once in this thread have I said anything negative about any negative aspects of milk.

I did agree that logically one would not want too many fats post WO but in respect to milk the opposite seems to be true (more fat is better, not less)

Are you confusing me with someone else?

RhodeHouse
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
When did I say anything about hormones?

And not once in this thread have I said anything negative about any negative aspects of milk.

I did agree that logically one would not want too many fats post WO but in respect to milk the opposite seems to be true (more fat is better, not less)

Are you confusing me with someone else?

My bad, dude. It was someone else. Sorry.

BFGUITAR
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Actually the better way to get calcium is from collard greens.

If you want to drink fat, sugar, and hormones go ahead and keep downing the Chocolate Milk.

(I am not lactose intolerant, I just look out for my health)

Vitamin D is incredibly important as it is needed for calcium absorption. No vitamin D= very very little calcium absorption. This is why vitamin D is added to milk. Vegetables are not the greatest source of calcium for this reason. Not to mention the cooking of these vegetables removes a lot of calcium. On top of that, there is generally a good amount of iron in vegetables which can interfere with calcium absorption. There is no substitute for milk. Even calcium supplements don't do very well.

I don't drink chocolate milk. Fat is good for you, no matter the type (aside from trans). There is nothing unhealthy about saturated fat. The sugar from milk is low on the GI index (making it "healthy" by many standards).

Anyone who advocates health would recommend drinking milk.

BFGUITAR
08-11-2008, 04:30 PM

You wouldn't be saying hormones were great for you if you were injected with 100mg of estrogen a week :p

The milk from the US terribly aggravates my brother's Crohn's while Canadian milk not at all. The main difference is the specific hormone (bovine somatropin I think it's called). Not to mention this stuff is 100% known to cause sickness in cows. I personally don't want to drink milk from sick cows.

Rhodes you seem to always have the idea "Don't **** around with something that works". This hormone is basically ****ing around with the cow and possibly our health. Why change a good thing?

Kastro
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't drink chocolate milk. Fat is good for you, no matter the type (aside from trans). There is nothing unhealthy about saturated fat. The sugar from milk is low on the GI index (making it "healthy" by many standards).

Anyone who advocates health would recommend drinking milk.

:withstupi:

Notorious
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Whole chocolate milk tastes like heaven. Drink up.

And to the guy saying not to drink milk: you're a ******. Liquid fat my ass, milk is one of my main sources of protein. The hormones I can sort of understand, although I'm pretty sure they have been shown to increase levels of IGF-1s, which will help you grow.

BFGUITAR
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Whole chocolate milk tastes like heaven. Drink up.

And to the guy saying not to drink milk: you're a ******. Liquid fat my ass, milk is one of my main sources of protein. The hormones I can sort of understand, although I'm pretty sure they have been shown to increase levels of IGF-1s, which will help you grow.

That's a weak defense. The bovine somatropin given to cows do many things to the milk. Including utter infection which can easily make its way in to our milk.

Blade55
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I'd still like to know who drinks 1 gallon of milk a day...day in and day out. It would be cheaper than buying those ******ed weightgainer powders, but it'd be very difficult to do everyday.

Jorge Sanchez
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I'd still like to know who drinks 1 gallon of milk a day...day in and day out. It would be cheaper than buying those ******ed weightgainer powders, but it'd be very difficult to do everyday.

I've done it. And whole milk at that.

RhodeHouse
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
You wouldn't be saying hormones were great for you if you were injected with 100mg of estrogen a week :p

The milk from the US terribly aggravates my brother's Crohn's while Canadian milk not at all. The main difference is the specific hormone (bovine somatropin I think it's called). Not to mention this stuff is 100% known to cause sickness in cows. I personally don't want to drink milk from sick cows.

Rhodes you seem to always have the idea "Don't **** around with something that works". This hormone is basically ****ing around with the cow and possibly our health. Why change a good thing?

With 100mg of estrogen injected a week, your body would produce more test to counter-balance it. When test levels go up, so do estrogen leels. Both hormones need to be present to build some muscle and strength. So, estrogen isn't all that bad.

RhodeHouse
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM

REALLY? Clearly, you are a hypochondriac. I just don't watse my time with $hit like this. This is why I've made it to where I am. I'm amazed at this. Smoke some weed and relax on the hormones thing.

And, live by this, "If it's good for a horse, it's good for a human."

Tennessee Mike
08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
With 100mg of estrogen injected a week, your body would produce more test to counter-balance it. When test levels go up, so do estrogen leels. Both hormones need to be present to build some muscle and strength. So, estrogen isn't all that bad.

Hey big Matt.Your pretty smart for a big dumb powerlifter who eats bad all the time....good point my friend.

BFGUITAR
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
REALLY? Clearly, you are a hypochondriac. I just don't watse my time with $hit like this. This is why I've made it to where I am. I'm amazed at this. Smoke some weed and relax on the hormones thing.

And, live by this, "If it's good for a horse, it's good for a human."

This specific hormone is horrible for cows and horses alike if injected the same way...

You have always argued about keeping things simple and not to **** around with what works. Why is milk any different? No one is criticizing your accomplishments, not once have I ever.

Why waste your time? I would if you drink this stuff by the gallon. Do you care about what you ingest in such large quantities? I don't know if you drink a lot of milk but I can only assume so.

If you knew anything about how I post for the most part I look at many of our poster's threads and think wtf this is so insignificant to the big picture. I hardly ever preach the perfect diet bull****. I have done my research about this and it's not nice. I am not all for "natural" and crap. Do you think it is odd that only US milk comes form cows injected with this specific hormone? There is foul play in the FDA and US government to allow something like this go by.

Kastro
08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
We know that there are few better ways for a skinny lad to pack on the pounds than to squat and drink a gallon o milk a day. Whether or not it comes from US cows matters little--the results are the same, so who cares?

BFGUITAR
08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
We know that there are few better ways for a skinny lad to pack on the pounds than to squat and drink a gallon o milk a day. Whether or not it comes from US cows matters little--the results are the same, so who cares?

Because maybe there can be health consequences?

brihead301
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
You know how you make a hormone? You don't f***ing pay! That's how.

I f***ing love chocolate milk, and yes, that is one quality substance for gaining weight/building muscle/gaining strength.

JohnnyBrown
08-13-2008, 01:49 PM

I normally drink a gallon of milk a day, such an easy way to get calories.

Kastro
08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Because maybe there can be health consequences?

Preventive medicine is one of the most worthless constructs of the 20th century. Advising people not to drink milk because there 'may' be health concerns--despite the fact that none have ever been demonstrated unambiguously--is foolish at best. And no, anecdotal evidence regarding your brother does not count.

BFGUITAR
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Preventive medicine is one of the most worthless constructs of the 20th century. Advising people not to drink milk because there 'may' be health concerns--despite the fact that none have ever been demonstrated unambiguously--is foolish at best. And no, anecdotal evidence regarding your brother does not count.

Not because there may be health concerns, but because there are. Again, there is a reason why out of all the western countries does the US have this type of milk. The milk produced by cows injected creates protein that differs from normal cows. This protein very often can be the cause of many people's milk allergies (and there is a lot of people who are allergic to milk).

The main concern especially is the health to animals and the consequences. **** the animals in a sense that they get sick and have infections. Hell we do horrible things to animals. What I do care is the product we get from these sick animals. This includes incredibly high numbers of bacteria and viruses (Often puss from the utter of these cows makes it's way in to our milk). The effects of BGH on cows is negative and this has been demonstrated and is 100% true.

Not to mention the great lengths by Monsanto to make money off this stuff.

WTVT/Fox13 in Tampa, Florida was sued by Steve Wilson and Jane Akre, two former anchors over the issue of reporting the harmful effects of BGH on humans. The journalists--originally, with station approval--wrote a story in 1996 that stated the human health risks of rBGH. However, the station rejected it and insisted they report a different story on rBGH with statistics supplied by Monsanto. They rewrote the story over 80 times but were eventually fired by Fox.

After a five-week trial which ended August 18, 2000, a Florida state court jury unanimously determined that Fox "acted intentionally and deliberately to falsify or distort the plaintiffs' news reporting on BGH." In that decision, the jury also found that Akre's threat to blow the whistle on Fox's misconduct to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) was the sole reason for the termination and awarded $425,000 in damages.

Fox appealed and prevailed February 14, 2003, when an appeals court issued a ruling reversing the jury, accepting a defense argument that had been rejected by three other judges on at least six separate occasions. The appeals court's decision on the verdict was on the basis that FCC policies on news agencies reporting the truth did not legally require the station to report the truth in a news story, as FCC policies are not law. The story that was subsequently reported on BGH contained no statistics that may have indicated a human health risk, as these statistics (the ones found by Akre and Wilson and mentioned in their original story) were ignored.

In 2004, Fox filed a $1.7 million counter-suit against Akre and Wilson for trial fees and costs

RhodeHouse
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM
This specific hormone is horrible for cows and horses alike if injected the same way...

You have always argued about keeping things simple and not to **** around with what works. Why is milk any different? No one is criticizing your accomplishments, not once have I ever.

Why waste your time? I would if you drink this stuff by the gallon. Do you care about what you ingest in such large quantities? I don't know if you drink a lot of milk but I can only assume so.

If you knew anything about how I post for the most part I look at many of our poster's threads and think wtf this is so insignificant to the big picture. I hardly ever preach the perfect diet bull****. I have done my research about this and it's not nice. I am not all for "natural" and crap. Do you think it is odd that only US milk comes form cows injected with this specific hormone? There is foul play in the FDA and US government to allow something like this go by.

I don't care. I don't drink a lot of milk anymore. When I do, I don't have as big of an appetite. However, I could really care less about the animals and the hormones. This is stuff I just don't worry about. I spend my time lifting and grazing, and don't bother with things that I can't or don't care to change. I'm more interested in learning about jim Wendler's 5/3/1 method than I am reading about cows' milk. It really doesn't f$%&ing matter, dude. Chocolate milk is good. God told me last night when we were playing cards. I told him about this thread. He laughed and said, "Do you really think you're gonna live forever? Drink the milk with the hormones in it. Maybe you'll get the $hits, but you'll end up getting huge. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices." I said, "God, you're right." After all, he is God. It makes sense.

I read that bottled water can raise your estrogen levels. (panic sets in) New thread - "Don't drink bottled water"

Go back to my last reply to you and re-read the part about smoking some weed and relaxing. God said that was cool, too.

Kastro
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
No. You failed to convince me that drinking BST milk will decrease my longetivity. Anecdotal stories about some reporters who sued Fox don't count either.

BFGUITAR
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
No. You failed to convince me that drinking BST milk will decrease my longetivity. Anecdotal stories about some reporters who sued Fox don't count either.

It isn't an anecdotal story, look it up.
Would eating a sick animal or products from a sick animal harm you at all?

And Rhodes if someone put **** in your oatmeal (assuming you eat oatmeal) but you didn't taste it or feel any effects from it would you be upset or not? Because really all the puss a cow's utter is still in your milk. Does that alarm you in any way?

emjlr3
08-14-2008, 07:04 AM
its not puss after what the Milk companies do with it

Rhode - one of best quotes I have ever seen on here - well done

back to the real purpose of this thread - drink milk PWO, drink dextrose, whatever, all you need is carbs, the rate limiting step lies within absorbption, not the speed of an insulin repsonse, so it doesn't matter anyway - and free amino acids - milk has both - if that works for you then git er done - if you want to be anal, take raw dextrose, add some BCAAs, and perhaps a scoop of whey, and feel better that your making no difference

g'day

Travis Bell
08-14-2008, 07:43 AM
And Rhodes if someone put **** in your oatmeal (assuming you eat oatmeal) but you didn't taste it or feel any effects from it would you be upset or not? Because really all the puss a cow's utter is still in your milk. Does that alarm you in any way?

Man c'mon, you're really going to compare whats in our milk to putting crap in someone's oatmeal??? Really? Thats a pretty poor comparison

Have you heard of Pasturization? So long as there isn't anything swimming around in my milk thats going to make me sick I could really care less. The rest makes no difference to me

Gable
08-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Exactly why we pasteurize (sp?) our milk... it comes from an animal, there is always a chance of some sort of infection, bacteria, etc.

I'm still drinking my chocolate milk.. and regular milk, I love that stuff..

BFGUITAR
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Man c'mon, you're really going to compare whats in our milk to putting crap in someone's oatmeal??? Really? Thats a pretty poor comparison

Have you heard of Pasturization? So long as there isn't anything swimming around in my milk thats going to make me sick I could really care less. The rest makes no difference to me

So it's fine to allow puss and blood to make it's way in to milk if it's pasteurized? And it's not a poor comparison... puss is loaded with bacteria just like crap is.

Travis Bell
08-14-2008, 09:37 AM
LOL I'm drinking milk as I type this. I'm not sure where you got the information that puss and blood make their way into the milk but take it from a guy whose worked on a few mega dairy farms, it doesn't. If it did, the farm would get in huge trouble.

now go drink some soy milk and leave the rest of us moo moo lovin freaks alone :)

ryuage
08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
eat a gallon of ice cream

BFGUITAR
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM
LOL I'm drinking milk as I type this. I'm not sure where you got the information that puss and blood make their way into the milk but take it from a guy whose worked on a few mega dairy farms, it doesn't. If it did, the farm would get in huge trouble.

now go drink some soy milk and leave the rest of us moo moo lovin freaks alone :)

I probably consume as much milk as you do. I live in Canada so I have no worries about my own health and safety.

It is a fact that cows injected with BGH get sick a lot more often (especially in the utters). Look it up if you don't believe it. If you want I can PM the info to you. As a result not only does the crap not get in to the milk (which can be pasteurized as you put it, though I don't think its an excuse) but they have to be injected with loads of antibiotics which makes it's way in to our milk. You may think goodie antibiotics will make me healthy... really it's the complete opposite for many many reasons.

Am I over reacting? I don't think so. I don't go on tangents about much on this site at all.

RhodeHouse
08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
So it's fine to allow puss and blood to make it's way in to milk if it's pasteurized? And it's not a poor comparison... puss is loaded with bacteria just like crap is.

Dude, if you get puss and blood in the milk, that means we get the hormones that make you big in us! Let's infect all the dairy cows. i want cows' blood in my milk. That's where the drugs are!

RhodeHouse
08-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I probably consume as much milk as you do. I live in Canada so I have no worries about my own health and safety.

It is a fact that cows injected with BGH get sick a lot more often (especially in the utters). Look it up if you don't believe it. If you want I can PM the info to you. As a result not only does the crap not get in to the milk (which can be pasteurized as you put it, though I don't think its an excuse) but they have to be injected with loads of antibiotics which makes it's way in to our milk. You may think goodie antibiotics will make me healthy... really it's the complete opposite for many many reasons.

Am I over reacting? I don't think so. I don't go on tangents about much on this site at all.

You're the only person on here ranting and raving about hormones and antibiotics and mad-cow disease. We are ugly Americans that drive big trucks and use way too much oil. We like steroids because our sports heroes use them. We go on spring break because we wanna see lots of drunk chicks showing us their boobs. We drink an inordinant amount of alcohol in a very short time. We really don't care about the cows' udders being filled with puss and blood. Hell, we'd probably drink bull semen if we thought it would give us 10lbs on our bench.

If you don't like our milk in the good ole USA, that's cool. Don't drink it. You're not going to convince us otherwise. The only thing I've heard of that is better in Canada, are the strip clubs. SO, you have great strip clubs and healthy milk. We have the NFL and Judge Judy.

When I die of cows' puss and blood ingestion, you can come tell my big ass, "I told you so." I've made it almost 33 years (2 more weeks) and to 320lbs drinking our milk and eating our bulls. I'm good.

Travis said, "Soy milk." That's funny. Soy milk is supposed to increase your estrogen level. (Panic sets in) New Thread - "Don't drink soy milk"

ha ha ha. I'm funny.

WillNoble
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
You're the only person on here ranting and raving about hormones and antibiotics and mad-cow disease. We are ugly Americans that drive big trucks and use way too much oil. We like steroids because our sports heroes use them. We go on spring break because we wanna see lots of drunk chicks showing us their boobs. We drink an inordinant amount of alcohol in a very short time. We really don't care about the cows' udders being filled with puss and blood. Hell, we'd probably drink bull semen if we thought it would give us 10lbs on our bench.

If you don't like our milk in the good ole USA, that's cool. Don't drink it. You're not going to convince us otherwise. The only thing I've heard of that is better in Canada, are the strip clubs. SO, you have great strip clubs and healthy milk. We have the NFL and Judge Judy.

When I die of cows' puss and blood ingestion, you can come tell my big ass, "I told you so." I've made it almost 33 years (2 more weeks) and to 320lbs drinking our milk and eating our bulls. I'm good.

Travis said, "Soy milk." That's funny. Soy milk is supposed to increase your estrogen level. (Panic sets in) New Thread - "Don't drink soy milk"

ha ha ha. I'm funny.

O say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Dkalban
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
O say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming.
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Never have I seen such an abuse of the national anthem. Okay, maybe when a pop singer sings it at the 4th of July, but thats it!

WillNoble
08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
abuse?

pray tell as to why?

Dkalban
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
abuse?

pray tell as to why?

I was being randomly humorous, also i needed to blow off steam from the Obama vid thread as its becoming too partisan, anyway, back to the pasturazation wars!

Reko
08-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey I'm a moo moo freak!

During heavy bulking I'll take down a gallon of whole a day (I don't like chocolate milk - I'm a communist). It gets expensive quick but its good calories IMO. I'll do it for a few months then go easy on it.

Tennessee Mike
08-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Whats the point of spending so much time and energy memorizing facts that mean absolutely nothing to the way you live your life?

Drink milk.Its good.

Whuditdew
08-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Whats the point of spending so much time and energy memorizing facts that mean absolutely nothing to the way you live your life?

Drink milk.Its good.

Maybe some of us want to live a long healthy life, be knowledgeable about what our body needs, and take in only healthy foods?

BFGUITAR
08-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Drink milk.Its good.

I am training to become a scientist like you train to lift. I conduct labs for at least 12 hours a week, do experiments, I talk with people about my findings, I do research...

Thats like a scientist saying "Why the hell would they want to lift heavy things?". I am fortunate enough to enjoy both as I am passionate about both lifting and science. Perhaps you don't understand that people want to learn things about the universe. I enjoy learning about what I eat. I take pleasure in it.

I have memorized the periodic table. This is useless in your life but in mine, it is invaluable. Knowing what I eat is invaluable to expanding my knowledge and increasing quality of life (and perhaps others).

And yes milk is good. But the stuff added to it from BGH makes it not good. Again take a bowl of oatmeal with a turd in it. The oatmeal is good for you but there is a turd in it. The turd contaminates the bowl of oatmeal. Whether you care or not about the contamination is up to you.

RhodeHouse
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I am training to become a scientist like you train to lift. I conduct labs for at least 12 hours a week, do experiments, I talk with people about my findings, I do research...

Thats like a scientist saying "Why the hell would they want to lift heavy things?". I am fortunate enough to enjoy both as I am passionate about both lifting and science. Perhaps you don't understand that people want to learn things about the universe. I enjoy learning about what I eat. I take pleasure in it.

I have memorized the periodic table. This is useless in your life but in mine, it is invaluable. Knowing what I eat is invaluable to expanding my knowledge and increasing quality of life (and perhaps others).

And yes milk is good. But the stuff added to it from BGH makes it not good. Again take a bowl of oatmeal with a turd in it. The oatmeal is good for you but there is a turd in it. The turd contaminates the bowl of oatmeal. Whether you care or not about the contamination is up to you.

It depends if there's corn or peanuts in he turd. Corn might not go so well with oatmeal, but peanuts might be nice. The real question is, do you make the oatmeal with milk or with water?

BFGUITAR
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Milk every time.

WillNoble
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Maybe some of us want to live a long healthy life, be knowledgeable about what our body needs, and take in only healthy foods?

this from the 120lb. kid who wants to know what else he can eat that is calorie dense besides chicken and fish

Notorious
08-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I would say no.

Wow, and I thought this was funny before I knew you were 120 lbs... LOL

iroc86er
08-15-2008, 06:37 AM
I canít believe how controversial chocolate milk has gotten. This is my first post on this website and I thought Iíd start in hereÖ I used to post on bodybuilding dot com and a couple others but figured Iíd try and find some new information

I donít know how some of you guys are drinking a gallon a day. What sort of weight gains are you seeing from this? Iím not sure I would feel to good drinking that much milk but I donít see what could be bad about it unless you got some rancid or infected milk. Milk beats drinking water (flavor wise) any day. Enjoy.

Doug

brihead301
08-15-2008, 06:41 AM
I really love this forum.

Reko
08-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I canít believe how controversial chocolate milk has gotten. This is my first post on this website and I thought Iíd start in hereÖ I used to post on bodybuilding dot com and a couple others but figured Iíd try and find some new information

I donít know how some of you guys are drinking a gallon a day. What sort of weight gains are you seeing from this? Iím not sure I would feel to good drinking that much milk but I donít see what could be bad about it unless you got some rancid or infected milk. Milk beats drinking water (flavor wise) any day. Enjoy.

Doug

Its delicious. It has fats, carbs and proteins. The weight gain is good provided you are doing other normal/bulking eating on top of the milk. ITs jsut somethign you have to get used to. I don't do it all the time, but I go through spurts where I practically have it shooting into my veins.

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Wow - how did I miss this gem of a thread???

Reko
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
The diet and nutrition section is sneaky. Sometimes it lays low, othertimes its all out war in here.

Tennessee Mike
08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Instead of talkin about whether its good for you...lets talk about brands..I love Nestle Quick,Yoo-Hoo,Hersheys chocolate syrup.Ovaltine and Bosco arent that great.What about Strawberry Milk...?.mmmmm

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Nestle Quick > All

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not down with the Strawberry milk - doesn't do it for me. That being said I like just the store brand chocolate syrup. That way you can dictate exactly how chocolaty you want your milk, which is important.

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm not down with the Strawberry milk - doesn't do it for me. That being said I like just the store brand chocolate syrup. That way you can dictate exactly how chocolaty you want your milk, which is important.

Nestle Quick > All

Apparently you dont get it

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Apparently your UK education isn't letting you see my lack of concern for your idea Mr. Will Noble, if that is your real name...

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
this from the East Tennesee hillbilly, who was banished to Texas

Cheer on, Ben Moore, Cheer On

Dkalban
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Ive been beginning to down 2-3 big glasses a day of chocolate milk. I uses Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup, which I dont think you can get outside the NYC area as its a Brooklyn based small buisness for who knows how long.

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM
South central TN, get it right. And I wasn't banished to Texas - I was destined to be there as it led me to my love of Football.

All said, I like chocolate milk of all varieties when I can have it.

BigDanny817
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Do you realize how much milk that is? I highly doubt many people would be able to do that. It's 2400 extra calories, but still.

I drink a half gallon a day...

Reko
08-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Price chopper whole white milk.
Yoohoo is the only cholocalte I find tasty, and im not sure its even real milk since it doesn't need to be refridgerated I don't think.

RhodeHouse
08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I have a few questions about this thread.

1. What's chocolate milk?
2. Should I use it on a bulk or a cut?
3. Should I measure it out or can I just guess as to how much I drink each time?
4. Does milk have fat in it? Isn't chocolate bad for you?
5. What about hormones?
6. Should I run my milk thru a strainer to remove any excess imperfections or can i just drink it straight from the bottle?
7. What about raw eggs? (oops! That's another thread)
8. DO they harm the cows?
9. If so, what is it exactly that they do to the cows?
10. Can I eat the cows after they milk them?
11. What days should I drink milk? Odd days that end in "Y" or even days that fall on an odd date?
12. What about Leap Years?
13. Is there any religion that doesn't allow the drinking of milk?
14. Where can I buy milk?
15. Why have I wasted this much time thinking of stupid $hit to write?

Tis is what you crazy science cult members sound like wehn you babble on about studies and test, and hormones, and BLAH!

Drink some milk, take some test (not the ones you took in school), and lift weights and steaks, not books.

Notorious
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Instead of talkin about whether its good for you...lets talk about brands..I love Nestle Quick,Yoo-Hoo,Hersheys chocolate syrup.Ovaltine and Bosco arent that great.What about Strawberry Milk...?.mmmmm

Prairie Farm is the real stuff. All those other brands are low fat, which tastes like ****.

Now if we're talking Strawberry milk, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... any brand will do.

Ben Moore
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM

3. Should I measure it out or can I just guess as to how much I drink each time?
5. What about hormones?
6. Should I run my milk thru a strainer to remove any excess imperfections or can i just drink it straight from the bottle?
11. What days should I drink milk? Odd days that end in "Y" or even days that fall on an odd date?

Tis is what you crazy science cult members sound like wehn you babble on about studies and test, and hormones, and BLAH!

Drink some milk, take some test (not the ones you took in school), and lift weights and steaks, not books.

Can we get this on a sticky?

Tennessee Mike
08-16-2008, 06:54 AM

5. What about hormones?

I think I peed a little...

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Hey, im a supporter of science and books and I STILL lift weights, drink chocolate milk and eat meat. Do not mess with a bodybuilding nerd my friend!

WillNoble
08-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey, im a supporter of science and books and I STILL lift weights, drink chocolate milk and eat meat. Do not mess with a bodybuilding nerd my friend!

Eat.

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I am!

Reko
08-16-2008, 09:44 AM

Really? How did you do at your last competition?

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Really? How did you do at your last competition?

never done one...but thats not the point lets not argue.

WillNoble
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
actually, that IS the point

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 10:27 AM
actually, that IS the point

oh lol

AJ_H
08-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Well, I don't know why but after I've drunk one pint of milk I get thirsty, so I drink another pint.

BFGUITAR
08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Well, I don't know why but after I've drunk one pint of milk I get thirsty, so I drink another pint.

Might be the flemy feeling from the casein. I get that too.

RhodeHouse
08-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Why not? The snot from my sneezes is bigger than you. I outweigh you by 200lbs! To quote a line from a client of mine with Spectrum Disorder Syndrome, "Silence is the world's hardest language to learn." Read it, learn it, practice it.

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Why not? The snot from my sneezes is bigger than you. I outweigh you by 200lbs! To quote a line from a client of mine with Spectrum Disorder Syndrome, "Silence is the world's hardest language to learn." Read it, learn it, practice it.

Hey I try, with a non-verbal learning disorder, the tendency to talk alot and be verbose happens. I'll be quiet now.

RhodeHouse
08-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey I try, with a non-verbal learning disorder, the tendency to talk alot and be verbose happens. I'll be quiet now.

My cousin is Dyslexic (SP!!!!!!). He's an Anesthesiologist. And, stop using big words. Verbose, non-verbal? WTF? I don't know what that means. Go study. But, eat something while you do it.

Dkalban
08-16-2008, 07:39 PM
My cousin is Dyslexic (SP!!!!!!). He's an Anesthesiologist. And, stop using big words. Verbose, non-verbal? WTF? I don't know what that means. Go study. But, eat something while you do it.

verbose: talkative and uses big words
non-verbal disorder: too complicated, but doesnt mean dyslexic, means i have trouble picking up cues etc

As for the eating: just finished a late dinner (had to pick up mom and sis from JFK)

Ben Moore
08-16-2008, 09:54 PM
non-verbal disorder: too complicated, but doesnt mean dyslexic, means i have trouble picking up cues etc

As for the eating: just finished a late dinner (had to pick up mom and sis from JFK)

Eat again...

ProLogic
08-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm going to start to drink chocolate milk.. I hate the taste of regular milk... or just get the syrup.

RhodeHouse
08-17-2008, 12:43 AM

I know what verbose and non-verbal disorder means. I spent 5 years at an acredited university.

Dkalban
08-17-2008, 04:04 AM
yeesh i know that, i was being silly, and I will eat again!

brihead301
08-18-2008, 06:55 AM
This reminds me of a time when I went out to breakfast with a few of my friends. We were out drinking all night on the previous night, and we went out to a bar for breakfast at 9 o'clock in the morning. We were on vacation, so everyone ordered alcoholic drinks (maybe it's just because we're alcoholics, I don't know?).

Anyway, Dan orders a vodka and OJ, Kevin orders a Guiness, Liz orders a strawberry daccari, and I ordered a good old chocolate milk.

They busted my balls for about 2 weeks for that one, but F them. That s*** was bangin with my pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

The funny thing is that as soon as the waitress came with our drinks, I pounded down the chocolate milk in about 2 seconds because I was so damn thirsty from being hung-over. They started laughing at me for chugging the chocolate milk, but s*** that was like the main reason that I went out to breakfast. So that made things even funnier.

It was a funny time. I guess you would have had to been there.

RhodeHouse
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
This reminds me of a time when I went out to breakfast with a few of my friends. We were out drinking all night on the previous night, and we went out to a bar for breakfast at 9 o'clock in the morning. We were on vacation, so everyone ordered alcoholic drinks (maybe it's just because we're alcoholics, I don't know?).

Anyway, Dan orders a vodka and OJ, Kevin orders a Guiness, Liz orders a strawberry daccari, and I ordered a good old chocolate milk.

They busted my balls for about 2 weeks for that one, but F them. That s*** was bangin with my pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

The funny thing is that as soon as the waitress came with our drinks, I pounded down the chocolate milk in about 2 seconds because I was so damn thirsty from being hung-over. They started laughing at me for chugging the chocolate milk, but s*** that was like the main reason that I went out to breakfast. So that made things even funnier.

It was a funny time. I guess you would have had to been there.

Your story telling brought me to that place.

Don't pigeon-hole yourself. If you don't go to meetings, you're NOT an alcoholic. You're a drunk. Denial is the key. Stay strong.

BULK_BOY
08-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I've been drinking a Litre a day for the past two weeks! It's been on sale @ The Real Canadian Superstore for $.99/L carton !!!!

Gotta love that Canadian Chocolate Milk (Neilsons) ;)