PDA

View Full Version : Going from 1260 to 1450 and 255 to 265

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
My first meet is November 1st. I want to go from 1260 (raw except for powerpants on squat) to 1450 (fully geared). I'm also bulking from 255 to 265.

Just want to double-check that I have the basics to reach this goal.

Protein - 60g per meal.
Carbs - some complex, high fiber carbs during the day. Dextrose post-workout shake. Other complex carbs post workout meals.
Fats - 20 - 30% diet.
Calories - enough to gain 1 - 2 pounds per week.

Supplements:
Protein powder
Creatine post workout with dextrose and protein powder
Fish oil caps and men multivitamins

Lifting partner recommending tribulus, HMB, arginine and glutamine, but I'm having a hard time finding hard proof in these threads that they are worth the money.

I've taken results and ETS in the past and haven't noticed a significant improvements vs the times I didn't take it.

The only time I've noticed significant strength gains is when I bulk.

Thoughts?

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Btw - a supplement is worth it if it will improvement my strength at least 5%. Any improvement of less than 5% seems to be a placebo factor. Also, I consider myself barely leaving the "newbie" gains arena. Only having powerlifted consistently for 9 months.

ZenMonkey
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
What are the daily macro goals you have?

As far as supplements are concerned-
Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Creatine Monohydrate, dextrose.

Glutamine- BCAA that generally people think is worthless and you probably get it from your protein powder and solid diet. It is supposed to decrease DOMS. It never did for me and countless others.

Arginine- AAKG is probably what he means but it is simply the BCAA that induces the nitric oxide production which increases vascularity and gives you "Pump." Many use caffeine with arginine to increase energy levels. Besides those two outcomes they will be no real benefit for you.

Are you doing WS?

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
yes, doing westside...having to cycle out deads and squats since I'm competing in all three lifts.

Macro goals - 5500 calories
30% protein
35% fats
45% carbs

Try to only eat the sugar carbs in the meals after the workouts. If I eat sugar carbs during the day, I crash.

...strongly considering getting my bloodwork done to find insulin sensativity and test levels.

ZenMonkey
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM
thats a great idea. do it. whats your current bf%, height and weight?

mickyjune26
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Need to get the BF tested. Estimate around 17%.

6'7" and maintaining 255 for about 8 weeks.

mickyjune26
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
started gaining slowly. Now up to 256 or so.