PDA

View Full Version : Need to join a powerlifting team.

BIG AL
08-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Looking to join a team near the RI/Ma border. I live in Plainville and will travel. I've only been training 18 months. Any help would be great.

Ben Moore
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
www.powerliftingwatch.com - click on PL gyms on the left navigation bar.

WillNoble
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah I used to train at Next Level fitness in North Scituate and their other location in Cumberland...Some great folks at both spots to train with...the N Scituate gym is VERY PL/Strongman Friendly....the Owner of all 3 locations is the state chair for the USAPL

Had the pleasure of training with Disa Hatfield and Jen Perry, they represented the USA Womens team at the IPF worlds this year

Part of me really misses New England, I had a lot of fun there...well as much fun as a Hillbilly from Appalachia can have in New England.

http://nextlevelfitnessri.com

go there and ask about their powerlifting crew...and tell Jen Perry and Disa Hatfield that Big Will from Kentucky sent you

drew
08-12-2008, 06:51 AM
If you want to travel as far as Milford, CT, Southside is a great PL gym and we're always looking for more lifters.

BShaw
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi. New here, but I've been lurking for a while. Just started a job up the road from the Next Level in Smithfield. I'll be starting there next week. Thanks for the info Will. Wouldn't have known it was PL/Strongman friendly from the outside. Definitely worth checkin into.

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi. New here, but I've been lurking for a while. Just started a job up the road from the Next Level in Smithfield. I'll be starting there next week. Thanks for the info Will. Wouldn't have known it was PL/Strongman friendly from the outside. Definitely worth checkin into.

Its been about 9 months since Ive trained there, but I cant imagine that its changed...they have a small side room all set up for PL. Again ask for Jen Perry, she used to work there (I think she still does)

BShaw
08-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I did join Next Level, and eveyone says Hello Will. They miss having you around. I met up with Disa tonight for the first time. Havn't met Jen yet. I started going to the one in Scituate only b'cuz there seemed to be the most PL'r friendly. Thanks for sending me there. Already broke a 2 month sticking point on my DL with a 15lb PR after only 2 visits. Definitely a motivating place to train. Everyone there is very helpful from the first day I walked through the door.