PDA

View Full Version : PB Deadlift

Jaffa1980
08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi All,

1st video so be gentle! lol I was chuffed to bits to do my PB the other morning, I managed 150kg (330lb) had to film it to show my buddies coz they wouldnt believe me otherwise

anyhoo im off to go gym again

pU_7BOWvbOw

Lones Green
08-12-2008, 03:28 AM
good strength. keeping eating!!!

try getting your ass back and down, getting your legs into it more. you are almost doing a SLDL right now. several other members have the same problem.

Detard
08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh my god. Dude your gonna blow your back if you keep pulling like that. Your back is completely rounded. You want it to be *arched* not rounded.

Try getting your hips down, keep the bar against your shins, head up, and puff your chest out.

Nice effort, but that was scary.

Jaffa1980
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
thanks for the replies, its good to get some advice, i dont have any buddies that gym it with me me anymore so i cant see any potential issues i could have. I will try and tuck my ass in and use my legs more lol, although im not sure about the arch/rounded reference... to me an arch is rounded so i dont understand... keep my head up, chest out, ass down and bend my legs more... watchi this space, next back day ill do it again

Guido
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
LOL @ "chuffed to bits". I don't know what that means but it sounds funny.

I couldn't see the vid but I'll take Detards word for it that your back was rounded. It's okay if you are hunched over in the upper back but in the lower back you want a neutral spine, otherwise you are asking for a herniated disk.

Detard
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
This is an arched back.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/430271227_f5614b62dc.jpg

This would be rounded.
http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/images/rounded_spine_pickup.jpg

Jaffa1980
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
i see now!! yeah im going to work on that... dont want to have my back out of action, had an op 3 years ago and had to strach from scratch (walking and all) so not too keen on going backwards lol, i will up another vid (next back day is thurs) chest tomorrow i love hammering the chest, but when i dont have someone with me i cant go as high as i want, with a spot i can just about get 130kg without im at 100kg.. still good in my opinion but just cant help feel dissapointed ha ha

AJ_H
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
LOL @ "chuffed to bits". I don't know what that means but it sounds funny.

Haha. You Americans can't understand our phrases. Chuffed to bits means to be very pleased. LOL

Cards
08-13-2008, 12:51 AM
I thought you were streching/getting ready for the lift with the way you back was. I'm with detard. make sure your back is straight/arched not rounded. Start with less weight and practice form or your back is going to hate you later in life. That being said, nice effort.

Jaffa1980
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
yeah thanks im going to put all the advice into practice tomorrow morning, saw a couple of vids on u tube with how its done so am well aware of my probs now. thanks again

Jaffa1980
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
high again,

thought i'd let you know that i have done what you asked, thanks it actually was easier!! up on the next on i think... oh and it took me 3 attempts to get the camera angle right to see my back so that is why i only did one rep... i was pooped!

Also a couple of pics for suggestions... i noticed today that my forearms require attention but anything you guys think will be appreciated.

side is a bit rubbish, i love back days!! i love chest days! the rest just fill in between the two although i work just as hard on all parts, i have noticed my arms dont ache too much anymore, so rather than going heavier im doing more of everything... seems to work.

Also re "chuffed to bits" i think a dictionary actually exists that lists all slang in use today from all regions of the world... (irrelevant i know but hey!)

all the w's youtube.com/watch?v=d-GUSRP4OHc

wont let me post my youtube link says i need more posts... but i have done it already?? oh well

=Travis=
08-14-2008, 08:49 AM
This one looked better. Arch more and do not look in the mirror, keep your eyes forward and head up.

Detard
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Agreed

It was better than your previous video, but remember to keep that back arched. Your still rounding it. It may be a matter of flexibility.

Jaffa1980
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
cool thanks chaps, i will keep at it, as i said it did make it easier, ill work on flexability and posture.