PDA

View Full Version : Did floor press this week with video

Erik 23
08-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Here is a video of floor press that i did.This was my first time ever doing a maximum effort floor press here are the videos Just tryna switch up the excercises and keep things fun.I hope i did them right the form should be pretty much the same as if you were gonna do a regular bench except you cant arch your back and you have no leg drive.I just worked up to what i thought i could take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qR_Ffl4dzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCxZtt22Vk

Lones Green
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
you are a strong raw bencher. what was the weight on those?

get your buddy to stand on the back of that rack or something, when you re-rack the weight it scares me! shouldn't be moving like that.

Erik 23
08-15-2008, 07:19 PM
you are a strong raw bencher. what was the weight on those?

get your buddy to stand on the back of that rack or something, when you re-rack the weight it scares me! shouldn't be moving like that.
Thanx for the kind words the weight was 500 lbs and the other one was 550.Yeah i should have somebody hold the rack or something cause it did move like crazy Lol thanx for checking out my video.

WillNoble
08-15-2008, 07:20 PM
very strong...nice work...also nice work on the 600 raw

Erik 23
08-15-2008, 07:52 PM
very strong...nice work...also nice work on the 600 raw

Hey Will Thanx for the Comments bro they mean a lot.and yeah that 600 raw took awhile now i got to get these in contest.

vdizenzo
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Some friendly constructive criticism, have your liftoff guy take his hands off the bar after he gives it to you. There is no doubt you are a very strong guy. That being said it's hard to give you complete credit if we are not sure whether you are getting help or not.

Erik 23
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Some friendly constructive criticism, have your liftoff guy take his hands off the bar after he gives it to you. There is no doubt you are a very strong guy. That being said it's hard to give you complete credit if we are not sure whether you are getting help or not.

Hi vince Thanx for the comment yeah ill take another one in a few weeks when i go back to floor press and have him take his hands off the bar.I told him to stay with me but he had his hands open on the 500 lbs but the 550 he just wanted to make sure i didnt kill myself Lol i never did floor press so thats why i was trying to be so careful.So far i like the excercise it is all upper body no leg drive cant arch it really tests your upper body strength

vdizenzo
08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Cool Erik. Just like I said, a little constructive criticism. I watched your 600 and there were hands on that as well. That's why I posted what I did. I am not making any judgements. This is just a veteran giving you advice. If your liftoff guy is giving you even and ounce of help with the weight it is going to give you a false sense of confidence. I know we have all seen the guy in the gym get help from a spotter and then the spotter says "All you."

Keep up the good lifting. Great strength.

Erik 23
08-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Cool Erik. Just like I said, a little constructive criticism. I watched your 600 and there were hands on that as well. That's why I posted what I did. I am not making any judgements. This is just a veteran giving you advice. If your liftoff guy is giving you even and ounce of help with the weight it is going to give you a false sense of confidence. I know we have all seen the guy in the gym get help from a spotter and then the spotter says "All you."

Keep up the good lifting. Great strength.

its cool Vince thanx again for your advice you are a very accomplished lifter and i respect your advice very much.ill start posting vids with no ones hands on the bar.I guess i kinda got comfortable when i get into the heavier weight to have some one stay close cause im always hurting my shoulder.but i tell them not to help at all just stay with me.By the way hope training is going well im a big fan of yours.I watch your videos and i seen your interviews thru elite fts i get a lot of info from watching training videos and hering you guys talk about your training.

Ryano
08-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Eric, lookin' strong, but I agree with Vince. Even if your spotter isn't helping, it gives the appearance that he is with the hand touching the bar at all. Also, you know you can't wear the elbow wraps during a comp. They are probably giving you a little extra you won't get at the meet. Good luck.

mikesbench
08-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Very strong! I'm amazed how fast you come down with big weights, like that 600.

chris mason
08-16-2008, 10:47 AM
As we always say, you are STRONG.

That said, you have not changed your form at all. You didn't even lockout your floor press which is an exercise designed to work that portion of the ROM.

When you are doing heavy singles take the press to complete lockout if you want to be given credit for your big lifts.

Erik 23
08-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Eric, lookin' strong, but I agree with Vince. Even if your spotter isn't helping, it gives the appearance that he is with the hand touching the bar at all. Also, you know you can't wear the elbow wraps during a comp. They are probably giving you a little extra you won't get at the meet. Good luck. Thanx ryano for the comment. i also know about the elbow wraps, i just wear them cause my elbows started hurting real bad shortly after starting bands, i guess i used them too many weeks in a row or something.can i ask where in illinois do you live? do you train at any gyms near chicago?.

Very strong! I'm amazed how fast you come down with big weights, like that 600.
Thanx for the comment mike yeah i did bring it down kinda fast i guess with the speed work i kinda try to do all my benches with speed.

As we always say, you are STRONG.

That said, you have not changed your form at all. You didn't even lockout your floor press which is an exercise designed to work that portion of the ROM.

When you are doing heavy singles take the press to complete lockout if you want to be given credit for your big lifts.

Thanx for the comment chris ill lockout better next time. i have been locking out my benches though, i guess with this, i kinda just thru it back in the rack ill work on that next time.

Ryano
08-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Eric, I train at the Lockup Gym in Taylorville. About 40 SW of Decatur. Long way from Chicago. If your looking for some big benchers up north, check out Tommy Harrison & Robert Vick. They lift in the Chicago area. Not sure what gym, but could find out for you.

BFGUITAR
08-16-2008, 02:37 PM
**** those lifts scared the hell out of me!

I agree with people above. Control is key.

chris mason
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanx ryano for the comment. i also know about the elbow wraps, i just wear them cause my elbows started hurting real bad shortly after starting bands, i guess i used them too many weeks in a row or something.can i ask where in illinois do you live? do you train at any gyms near chicago?.

Thanx for the comment mike yeah i did bring it down kinda fast i guess with the speed work i kinda try to do all my benches with speed.

Thanx for the comment chris ill lockout better next time. i have been locking out my benches though, i guess with this, i kinda just thru it back in the rack ill work on that next time.

In retrospect, my comment might have sounded kind of harsh. It was not meant to be. I just think you should really focus on locking out your single rep lifts. I think non-lockout reps are ok for anything over a couple reps.

thewicked
08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
wow..

weren't you just having trouble with a paused 440 and now are working with 500-600lbs?! :omg:

Erik 23
08-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Eric, I train at the Lockup Gym in Taylorville. About 40 SW of Decatur. Long way from Chicago. If your looking for some big benchers up north, check out Tommy Harrison & Robert Vick. They lift in the Chicago area. Not sure what gym, but could find out for you.Thanx for the comment ryano yeah i was just wondering where you train because i saw you were in illinois yeah that is a long way away from me Lol.Robert vick and tommy harrison actually train at to gyms they train at quads on saturdays and train at another gym during the week i know because im back training at quads but i never see them because of my work schedule.Oh also congrats on that 711 lbs bench i seen it on youtube i know it was about a year ago but that was a awesome lift.

In retrospect, my comment might have sounded kind of harsh. It was not meant to be. I just think you should really focus on locking out your single rep lifts. I think non-lockout reps are ok for anything over a couple reps.Oh ok its cool chris i respect your opinoins, im still a work in progress as far as benching goes Lol thanx again for the advice.

wow..

weren't you just having trouble with a paused 440 and now are working with 500-600lbs?! :omg:

Where did you get i was having trouble pausing a raw 440? are you talking about that 440 i had for a single on my videos? if so that wasnt hard, i took that the next day after i did a Heavy Maximum Effort Bench Press.That day i was doing close grip bench press and just decided to go up to 440lbs that day. i dont know where you got that from.but thanx for the comment