PDA

View Full Version : decreasing calories a little and increasing cardio

Laertes
03-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Awhile ago, Renier was asking whether he should cut or continue bulking.

Two people suggested that he cut calories by *a little bit* and increase cardio. (I think that was the advice. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

1) What is that exactly? It's not really bulking, but not really cutting either.

2) What's the purpose of that? Seems to be a middle ground... What's the goal of taking the middle ground?

Chris Rodgers
03-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Sounds like cutting weight to me.

I think you are thinking of a more drastic change to be considered cutting. Most likely the less you reduce your cals, the less muscle you will lose.

Zalxder
03-27-2002, 07:03 PM
middle grounds = low gains, no loss of body fat. thats not body building. body building is packing on as much as you can of muscle an losing a ton of fat. otherwise your just lifting to get in shape

Laertes
03-28-2002, 05:53 AM
Here's the quote from the original thread from Yates, which Hulk agreed with:

Cut your calories down a little, eat clean, but keep protein high ... Train with maximum intensity and perform cardio 2 - 3 times a week and see what happens.

What was the whole point of them suggesting that? To me, that's neither cutting nor bulking. What is it?

Praetorian
03-28-2002, 08:26 AM
for me thats cutting...

=w=
03-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Laertes
Here's the quote from the original thread from Yates, which Hulk agreed with:

What was the whole point of them suggesting that? To me, that's neither cutting nor bulking. What is it?

How is cutting calories and adding cardio not cutting? I cant think of anything else to cutting besides those 2 simple principles (cals below maitanance, from dec food intake and added activity) besides going into suplimentation.

Laertes
03-28-2002, 08:45 AM
I believe that the suggestion was only to cut calories *a little*, not below maintenance. So it didn't really seem like cutting. But I guess if cardio is increased, then maybe it's a bit below maintenance....

=w=
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
the point is you are cutting your dietary calories slightly and than making a caloric deficit with increased activity (cardio).