PDA

View Full Version : Chucks hurting my feet

BFGUITAR
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I am not use to these types of shoes and I wanted to know if getting insoles for them would defeat the purpose.

Lones Green
08-16-2008, 11:51 AM
how are they hurting your feet? if you got something like heel inserts, yes, that would be defeating the purpose of them. you want your feet to be flat, off your toes.

wearing them while squatting or deadlifting isn't too bad - thats the only time i wear mine. 30 min twice a week isn't bad!

ZenMonkey
08-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Are they only for lifting?

Post a picture of your foot from above and on the inside. If you can, post a vid of you walking and running from directly behind you at 1 ftish above the ground. This is the only way to tell you what you need.

jtteg_x
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
did you get the correct size? I'm a 11.5 in sneakers/tennis shoes but a 9 with Chuck Taylors.

BFGUITAR
08-16-2008, 02:10 PM
The size is fine no doubt.

Zen I will do so soon enough. How do you know so much about feet btw? lol

ZenMonkey
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
haha, worked in athletic footwear at "Run On!" which is just a running fitness footwear place but the training to sell the shoes is extensive. We hear from all the reps of major brands, pediatrists, etc. I now work at an outdoor shop -REI- and had the same extensive training but for a different application. We had to learn about the way the foot works for mountaineering, trekking, climbing, cycling, and more general athletic stuff as well. At both these places we would be outfitting the most competitive and serious athletes or outdoorists who needed their footwear to work right for their specific foot shape. Everyone's foot is different so getting the right kind of insoles or shoes depends on YOUR foot.