PDA

View Full Version : my bulk

FootballLifter
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Just trying to see any smart suggestions on how to add more easy calories.

Especially since school starts and I cannot stuff myself throughout the day like I do over the summer.

I am not really caring about how healthy the foods are at this time because at my age and how many sports I am doing it isn't a problem yet.

I know fast food can help too but until I get my truck I have trouble getting there.

Thanks.

WillNoble
08-16-2008, 02:32 PM
carry nuts, beef jerky, PB Sandwiches, rice, etc. in tupperware with you in your bag to school...that way you can keep food in your system all day/eat in class and not need a way to prepare it

also you can carry a shaker bottle with you, and maybe a small quart bag of protein powder so you can make shakes between class at the water fountain.

Tennessee Mike
08-16-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree with Will.Make up your meals ahead of time.Put em in a cooler or container.Pb and honey sandwhiches are good too.Protein shakes,bars.Milk.Drink lots of gatorade.Stay hydrated to avoid too much fluid loss.

emjlr3
08-18-2008, 06:53 AM
when i bulk, i simply eat nuts with every meal - works well, and is very simple

Cirino83
08-18-2008, 07:13 AM
here is an awesome article about bulking. Contrary to popular belief around here, you don't have to get fat while doing this.
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1021940

WORLD
08-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Trail mix is 290 calories per 1/3rd of a cup-thats a handful!

Days that I'm out for most of the day, I usually bring one home cooked meal, eat one fast food meal, nuts, Muscle Milk shake, drink lots of milk...

All I have to do is prepare a shaker cup with powder in it, a bag of nuts, and one meal. Eat a big breakfast, and eat 2 more meals when you get home. Try adding a nice big 1000 cal bulking shake before bed. You can find recepies here if you search.

It becomes very easy once you get into routine. Without routine I would have had trouble with my bulking.

Vicioustorms
08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Problem #1: Most guys who give this kind of advice are fat and unhealthy. Even the "experts." (You know who you are.) And they seem to be trying to make sure that everyone else is fat so they'll feel better about their own adiposity.

i agree with that

WORLD
08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Problem #1: Most guys who give this kind of advice are fat and unhealthy. Even the "experts." (You know who you are.) And they seem to be trying to make sure that everyone else is fat so they'll feel better about their own adiposity.

i agree with that

What kind of advice are you talking about? You should quote what you're referring to, there are about 6 different responses in this thread.

Vicioustorms
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
It is in the article that Cirino83 posted

vdizenzo
08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
here is an awesome article about bulking. Contrary to popular belief around here, you don't have to get fat while doing this.
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1021940

Great article. As far as contrary to popular belief I think you are wrong. Some guys are hard gainers or just stuck. Sometimes those bad calories are a means to an end, but not for a lifestyle. I know Rhodes and I advocate for some dirty calories when bulking, but that is above and beyond what is already a good diet and supplementation. There is a happy medium.

Cirino83
08-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Great article. As far as contrary to popular belief I think you are wrong. Some guys are hard gainers or just stuck. Sometimes those bad calories are a means to an end, but not for a lifestyle. I know Rhodes and I advocate for come dirty calories when bulking, but that is above and beyond what is already a good diet and supplementation. There is a happy medium.

I'll agree with that.