PDA

View Full Version : Who influences,motivates you...

Tennessee Mike
08-16-2008, 06:44 PM
For Me...

Mariusz Pudzanowski,Kevin Nee,Jack Lambert,Dick Butkus,Randy White,Matt Kroc,Vincent Dizenzo,Matt Rhodes,Joey Smith,Reggie White,Arnold Schwarzenegger,Mike Mentzer,Shawn Ray,Lee Labrada,Chris Spielman,Bill Kazmier,Ivan Putski,Jarek Dymuk,Sebastian Wenta,AJ Roberts,Chuck Vogelpohl,Zakk Wylde,Dorian Yates,Rottweillers,chains,skulls,war,vikings,Heavy Metal,German beer.

Lones Green
08-16-2008, 06:52 PM
LOL @ your last few answers.

honestly seeing some of the guys on this forum like 275er, john bernor, Ben Moore, Chris Rodgers, Travis Bell, etc hit big numbers motivates me the most because i can see their sessions and see what they do to hit the numbers they do, and ask for advice.

...what a run-on.

the michael phelps thread. LOL

i use a lot of things that happen to me in my own life to fuel my lifts. passion, hate, anger, desire, yadda yadda yadda. this is what i'm thinking about before all my lifts.

that being said, my two favorites will always be Chuck V and Donnie the Dino. when either of them get new videos i'm as excited as a small child on christmas.

Tennessee Mike
08-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I must say that I knew little of Will,Ben,and Travis before joining this forum.But have gained the utmost respect for them.

WillNoble
08-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I must say that I knew little of Will,Ben,and Travis before joining this forum.But have gained the utmost respect for them.

the respect is more than mutual my friend

vdizenzo
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I am motivated by myself to do better.

jbrin0tk
08-16-2008, 08:15 PM

+1 to that.

Ben Moore
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM

Back at ya bud

For me it's obviously all the greats you posted, but in addition to that I have a friend that's battle back from cancer twice to compete in PL and Strongman. I never will think I can't do something for whatever reason again.

=Travis=
08-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Back at ya bud

For me it's obviously all the greats you posted, but in addition to that I have a friend that's battle back from cancer twice to compete in PL and Strongman. I never will think I can't do something for whatever reason again.

You cannot look at someone like that and whine that your back is sore.

Travis Bell
08-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Exactly. I am motivated to be the best possible I can be. That means taking it to the threshold every time. Trouble is, I always leave knowing I can do better next time

As for people, well Lou is at the top of my list. He has shown me pretty much everything I know about powerlifting. Its also my boys at Westside. We push each other constantly, knowing that we're not only bettering ourselves, but each other in the process.

Rob Luyando and Vincent Dizenzo also at the top of my list. Not just because both of these guys put up extreme numbers that several years ago people though were impossible. Its because of the character behind them. How they help others with a genuine interest in seeing people do better at the sport they love. Combined with the great integrity Ive seen displayed by these two over the years, it never ceases to push me.

Also I have to say the more I've gotten to know Donnie Thompson my respect for him has greatly increased because of his very evident humility and his pure desire for the sport.

BigDanny817
08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
+1 to that.

+2 to that.

BFGUITAR
08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Weightlifting/Bodybuilding: Donnie Thompson, Rezazadeh, Jay Cutler, Magnus Benedikt... long list

Guitar/music: SRV, Bach, Hendrix, The Doors, John Williams, Julian Bream, Andre Segovia...

Science: Tesla, Einstein, Newton...

I look up to others until I can't look up any more. At that point I look back and fix everything I ****ed up.

Fuzzy
08-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Weightlifting, my coach for the trust and effort he puts into me.

Trombone, George Roberts, the greatest of all.