PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have ideas for non-carb snacks?

Willie
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been chowing down on peanuts, almonds, jerky, cheese and pork rinds like a big dog, but I need something else.

thanks!

CutMeSumSlakJak
08-17-2008, 12:27 PM
hard boiled eggs, low carb yogurt, cottage cheese, good quality roast beef and turkey, low fat cheese, ostrich jerky..... separately, not all at once!

Willie
08-17-2008, 03:24 PM
hard boiled eggs, low carb yogurt, cottage cheese, good quality roast beef and turkey, low fat cheese, ostrich jerky..... separately, not all at once!

Yeah, those sound good, and I've been eating a lot of boiled eggs and meats, and eating beef jerky, it's just loaded with sodium. Ostrich jerky sounds interesting.

dumbbell
08-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Hard-boiled eggs, tuna right out of the can, almonds, sushi, sardines. Eggs would be my favorite due to the convenience. I always put a couple in my lunch box. There's also always a can of tuna stashed in my toolbox at work.

cphafner
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
string cheese

kevowamo
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
sushi, if made with rice, means carbs...and lots

dumbbell
08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
sushi, if made with rice, means carbs...and lots

True. Sashimi, on the other hand, is just the fish.

khsisk05
08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Um, veggies are my favorite snack, carrots, cucumbers all that crap, or plain yogurt with some protein powder in there. I love string cheese but limit it because of sodium content and hard boiled eggs without the yolk are a staple for me.

Esperantistino
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Cucumber or celery with a dip like tunaspread (you can make them yourself by combining tuna w salsa and chopped onions).
Or does it have to be portable? Mostly I don't mind eating the same ole' same ole' stuff but when I travel I like boiled eggs and smoked salmon or smoked trout. (the latter requires washing hands because of the smell)