PDA

View Full Version : best soccer workouts to improve leg speed?

JRider23
08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
i am going into my junior year playing soccer, and am boarderline JV/Varsity.. i played some games on varsity last year, but it's in complete question this year. soccer starts in a week and i was wondering if you guys knew any good workouts to increase how hard and fast you kick the ball. all ideas are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

McVein
08-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I dont know how football teams train in the US, but in Ireland, the standard of football is very high, and we dont have any techniques on how hard you hit a football.

if you want the ball to go faster, kick it harder. just practice...

Twirl
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow, what a way to wait for the last minute to wonder lol. A full body work-out is required in order to increase ball velocity. But being a player myself at a university, touch, control, intesity, stamina, and awareness of the field are the top things that will set u out from the rest. Gl at your try-outs and makesure u juggle and dribble all week every chance u get.

gamodye
08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
and practice accuracy! one key (depending upon your position) component in a footballer...
that is what annoys me with people i play football with, they can dribble, and kick, but they have no awareness... someone could be completely open and an easy pass, and they chose to cross it in, even though they have already failed at the cross like 10 times before...

BLM
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I played from 3rd grade till freshman in college till I blew my knee. Played ball year round indoor and outdoor. Practice striking the ball is the best thing, and what gamodye says. Practice sprinting and agility/juggling(ball control). I guess if wanted an exercise with weights I would suggest leg extensions and curls, as well as some squats that aren't real heavy. Better to be flexible than stiff.