PDA

View Full Version : WORLD's Progress Pics

WORLD
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
These are just some updated pics!

A tiny 168lbs, 5'8".

Please refrain from making comments on my extremely hardcore facial expressions.

I still don't think I pose that well, even though I've been practising for years. I don't ever plan on stepping on stage so I don't really care.

February of this year I was about 150lbs, so I think I'm doing pretty good with this bulk. I'm still staying pretty lean too.

Let me know what you think! All criticism is welcome.

Take care boys and girls,

Nick

WORLD
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
A few more....

Reko
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I still don't think I pose that well, even though I've been practising for years. I don't ever plan on stepping on stage so I don't really care.

Just curious, any reason why?

cphafner
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Rear lat looks great. Keep doing what you are doing.

WORLD
08-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Just curious, any reason why?

Any reason why I think I dont pose well or why I wouldn't want to compete?

As far as the posing goes, I've had no guidance really..I think posing well is an art.

And competing is something I'm just not interested in. I wouldn't mind continuing to increase my strength and getting involved in a powerlifting meet, though. I don't think I would have what it takes to compete in a bodybuiding competition.

Rear lat looks great. Keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks bro!

Sidior
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
You look great from the back! Back dbl bi and lat spread are both impressive. Your front seems to be lacking in comparison though.

Reko
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I was referring to the competing. I thought it was kind of pointless when i start PL and SM, but realized it was a great tool to check progress and also to help with goal setting and dial in for meets (therefor really adding to the motivation to get stronger).

Might help for BB, I'm not sure. But for PL and SM, I would have to say competing definitely is something that has to be done. Just a thought though. Plus, nothing can really get you more fired up for getting stronger than watching a guy squatting 900-1000 pounds about 10 feet away from you.

WORLD
08-17-2008, 09:29 PM
You look great from the back! Back dbl bi and lat spread are both impressive. Your front seems to be lacking in comparison though.

Thanks Dave. I completely agree that my front needs the most work. My pressing has always been lagging compared to my pulling. Maybe I can add more volume, and EAT MORE!

(This is the Dave that talks to Keith, right?)

WORLD
08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
I was referring to the competing. I thought it was kind of pointless when i start PL and SM, but realized it was a great tool to check progress and also to help with goal setting and dial in for meets (therefor really adding to the motivation to get stronger).

Might help for BB, I'm not sure. But for PL and SM, I would have to say competing definitely is something that has to be done. Just a thought though. Plus, nothing can really get you more fired up for getting stronger than watching a guy squatting 900-1000 pounds about 10 feet away from you.

I've watched meets and I was very interested. It's really motivating watching guys that you know were just like you lifting unreal amounts of weight.

I know that when I'm doing a program intended for strength gains, nothing makes me feel more alive than hitting a PR. You can literally go crazy for a few minutes!

ArjunDhir
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Back is amazing!

Coke
08-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Great shots World, this is just the beginning for you imo - keep it up.

WORLD
08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Back is amazing!

Thanks man!

Great shots World, this is just the beginning for you imo - keep it up.

Thanks Cocoa, I have a long way to go

Sidior
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks Dave. I completely agree that my front needs the most work. My pressing has always been lagging compared to my pulling. Maybe I can add more volume, and EAT MORE!

(This is the Dave that talks to Keith, right?)

Haha ya, you got it. Focusing more on eating couldnt hurt. I know you and Keith like to stay leaner but don't be afraid to gain a bit of weight.

Keith
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Why don't you throw your front relaxed up? That's the most impressive one. And yeah, eat more. You know that's what's holding you back.

RedSpikeyThing
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM

I agree. Also, that's a nasty sunburn :p

WORLD
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Haha ya, you got it. Focusing more on eating couldnt hurt. I know you and Keith like to stay leaner but don't be afraid to gain a bit of weight.

This is all testing for me. These last, ooh lets say 10 weeks or so lol, I have kept my calories at 4,000-4,200. If my work wasn't so demanding physically I should have gained more, considering what I weigh. Since I have to accomodate the amount of physical labour in my day I'll have to increase my cals to around 5,000 and see how that works.

I think the best way to learn about your body is truly trial and error.

Why don't you throw your front relaxed up? That's the most impressive one. And yeah, eat more. You know that's what's holding you back.

I'm not sure which one you're talking about. Care to throw it up?

I agree. Also, that's a nasty sunburn

Thanks Red! Funny thing about the burn....I spent the entire day outside with my shirt on :confused: Explain that one!

jAy_Dub
08-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Looking great, bro. Awesome back shots as everyone already said. You've definitely come a long way since you started! Good luck with everything man.

WORLD
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Jay I appreciate it. I've learned an unreal amount in a few years.

BilltheButcher
08-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Nice small waist which enhances everything else. Adding more mass, you really could think about stepping on stage, IMO.

jAy_Dub
08-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice small waist which enhances everything else. Adding more mass, you really could think about stepping on stage, IMO.

I agree with this. If you keep everything in check for the next couple years and really keep your diet and training dialed in, you could step on stage if you have the drive.

BULK_BOY
08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I would tend to agree with the masses here bro. You've got potential. Use it if you like, it's a gift.

Kong
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Good progress mate! Keep it up and you'll be a beast.

WORLD
08-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks alot Bill. Now you have me re-thinking about competing one day.

I agree with this. If you keep everything in check for the next couple years and really keep your diet and training dialed in, you could step on stage if you have the drive.

I think you need a huge commitment to training if you ever want to get somewhere competing. A lot of sacrifices would have to be made in order to fit in sufficient training and diet. I should talk to some people who have experience.

Anyone here?

I would tend to agree with the masses here bro. You've got potential. Use it if you like, it's a gift.

I appreciate that bro. My journey is far from over!

Good progress mate! Keep it up and you'll be a beast.

Thanks Kong!!

jAy_Dub
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I think you need a huge commitment to training if you ever want to get somewhere competing. A lot of sacrifices would have to be made in order to fit in sufficient training and diet. I should talk to some people who have experience.

Anyone here?

Go check out the professional muscle forums. They have a lot of pros on that board and tons of amateurs who compete. You can learn a ton from them. Like you said there would be many sacrifices, no partying, no eating out with the family, g/f, or friends. Depending how long you'd prep for (12-20 weeks) you'd be doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and training. Might as well forget about any kind of social life during that period of time. I'd love to do it someday but I'm not ready or prepared for that kind of commitment quite yet.