PDA

View Full Version : Taking time off of benching

NickW
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I will be taking about 6 weeks total off of benching (already 1 week in), due to my injury from the Niagara meet. I am still going to be training everything else, especially triceps (as heavy as I can without aggravating my shoulder). I hate to do this, its really going to mess with my head, but its what it will take to get my shoulder better so I can get back to working on the record. I will be at Wolfy's meet, after that I will see some of you guys at the Arnold, and my next contest will be the meet at the Ronnie Coleman Classic in April.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope you heal asap!

Also, I'll see you at the Arnold Classic too. I'll be part of the Omega Force Strength team doing a Christian Strength demonstration at the Arnold Classic.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?
http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Barbaccio
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Good luck Nick. Heal up quick. Taking time off is the hardest part of training. Hopefully AtLarge can help you out with recovery and you'll be back on track. I remember he had some joint supplement that worked really well but I can't remember the name of it now?

Tennessee Mike
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Do what you gotta do big Nick.Your body will thank you.

thewicked
08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
do your thing nick.. a little time off is nothing compared to an injury that cans your benching for good. You'll come back stronger than ever!

chris mason
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
You and I are just alike. I HATE taking time off even when it is the smart thing. I am in that boat right now and I too should be taking time off...

You are doing the right thing!

NickW
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I am loading up on the ETS, taking 6 pills twice a day. I am adding in some glucosamine and chondroitin today and will just have to make this an everyday thing. I have to get better at taking preventative measures in my training and supplementation.

Lones Green
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I am loading up on the ETS, taking 6 pills twice a day. I am adding in some glucosamine and chondroitin today and will just have to make this an everyday thing. I have to get better at taking preventative measures in my training and supplementation.

good call. i'd like to know how the double dose of ETS does for you, report back if you don't mind!

best of luck to you Nick, get healthy.

Travis Bell
08-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Sounds like you've got it figured out pretty well bud. I'll see you at the AC!

vdizenzo
08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Heal up brother. Take this time to work on some other weak spots. Not that you have any.

bigbadwolfe
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
About time you decided to listen to your body instead of that little voice in your head :)

Trust me I battle it every single Saturday when I see Damon, Poppe, Jay, Johnathon and who ever else shows up benching. I want on that bench so freaking, bad but as soon as I do I'll be right back where I started from. Gaining weight to get my bench up cause it is a mental thing for me :)

Get Healed up and go get 'em :)

NickW
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Heal up brother. Take this time to work on some other weak spots. Not that you have any.

Thats actually exactly what I planned on doing. Hitting my legs up hard, and getting my deads back where they were pre bicep injury.

I have been a walking injury for far too long, time to let everything heal up. Its going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it will definitely be worth it in the end. That little voice in my head is hard to avoid though, it has ruled my life for about 16yrs now, lol.

smokinHawk
08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
About time you decided to listen to your body instead of that little voice in your head :)

Trust me I battle it every single Saturday when I see Damon, Poppe, Jay, Johnathon and who ever else shows up benching. I want on that bench so freaking, bad but as soon as I do I'll be right back where I started from. Gaining weight to get my bench up cause it is a mental thing for me :)

Get Healed up and go get 'em :)

you know you want to you wont last much longer if we have anything to do it
just do some reps and junk raw to keep your strength up.

Heal up nick, and train smart.

Erik 23
08-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Your training wise Nick no sense in pushing it if you think its gonna result in a even worse injury, just heal up 100% and youll be back to chasing that record in no time.