PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina

muscle_g
08-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if there's any powerlifters here from South Carolina.

Lones Green
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
south carolina barbell...

Isaac Wilkins
08-19-2008, 04:00 AM
HomeYield and I are from Charleston, and I know there are a couple of Rock Hill boys floating around.

Columbia has some great lifters but I don't think any of them actively post here.

BB2K
08-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if there's any powerlifters here from South Carolina.

Which part of SC?

dbc3po
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Im in SC, Greenwood area.

Chris Mason, any chance of ever getting Donnie T. to post on here?

Eric Downey
08-19-2008, 10:02 AM

mark "spud" barkley

WillKuenzel
08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure who all is up towards the Greenville area if you're from up there. I do know that the UPA holds meets up there fairly often so you could at least contact somebody through there.

In Columbia, you got Marc Bartley at South Carolina Barbell (www.southcarolinabarbell.com). I don't make the trip as often as I used to but I still try to drive up there whenever I can to get in some heavy gear work. I know that Donnie Thompson is in Columbia somewhere but I've never trained there.

I'm down in Charleston. I've got an Elite rack with over 800lbs of weights and 2 bars. We're in the process of getting a bench (not just a db bench, which we have), a GHR, a cambered bar and I've ordered some standard mono-hooks (1500lb.com/safetypowerhooks.html) from Crepinsek. We should have a fairly good amount of equipment built up pretty soon.

muscle_g
08-21-2008, 07:05 PM
I live in Bishopville. I know some of the guys up in Greenville. I was hoping there would be some close to my area.

Isaac Wilkins
08-22-2008, 04:00 AM
I live in Bishopville. I know some of the guys up in Greenville. I was hoping there would be some close to my area.

It's not THAT close, but Clemson has a pretty bad ass powerlifting team for a college club. They're mostly USAPL, but they lift hard. You might be able to find something out from some of those guys.

muscle_g
08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
It's not THAT close, but Clemson has a pretty bad ass powerlifting team for a college club. They're mostly USAPL, but they lift hard. You might be able to find something out from some of those guys.

Do you know Michael DeFee? He used to lift there I don't know if he still does though?