PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet Evaluation

beachmuscles
08-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Hit 200lbs, and I now have a gut, and my face is bloated.

I'm ready to cut!

Here's what I just started doing:

Workout Day

Meal 1: 1 scoop whey, 3/4 oats, 1 cup skim milk
Meal 2: 3/4 cup oats, 1 cup skim, 1 can tuna
Workout
Meal 3: PWO (2 scoops whey, 3/4 oats, 1 scoop Phoshagen HP)
Meal 4: 3/4 cup oats, 5 oz chicken
Meal 5: 2 slices ezekial bread, 1 can tuna
Meal 6: 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casien, 2 tbsp peanut butter
Meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 oz almonds

OFF Day

Meal 1: Same
Meal 2: 3/4 cup oats, 1 can tuna
Meal 3: 3/4 cup oats, 5 oz chicken or eggs
Meal 4: 2 slices ezekial, 4 oz chicken or tuna
Meal 5: 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casien, 2 tbsp peanut butter
Meal 6: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 oz walnuts

*Vegetables are thrown into some meals usually either brocolli or asparagus.
*Cheat meals are usually Friday night.
*Chicken is sometimes bought from Whole Foods prepared, seems clean they just add olive oil.

For my PWO shake, I'm using Phosphagen HP which is a creatine + dextrose mix. It has 35g of sugar, I've used this for the past 5 years. I've used it while cutting before, but I think it MAY be detrimental. I want to replace it with something else, does anyone have any ideas? I'd like to still use creatine, is there any good non mono hydrates out there? And what can I use to replace the 35g in the shake?

Thanks guys. :)

CrazyK
08-19-2008, 12:46 AM
If all that adds up to 1g/lbs. of bodyweight in protein and less calories then you burn, it's fine.

beachmuscles
08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
If all that adds up to 1g/lbs. of bodyweight in protein and less calories then you burn, it's fine.

So if I had a small slice of pizza for every meal, with 5 oz of chicken breast and veggies, it would be fine?

CrazyK
08-19-2008, 12:52 AM
So if I had a small slice of pizza for every meal, with 5 oz of chicken breast and veggies, it would be fine?If that all added up to less calories then you burn, yes it would be fine.

jAy_Dub
08-19-2008, 08:56 AM
The only way to know if this will work is going to be to try it out, but from glancing at it I'd say you need to lower your carbs. You have a total of 3 cups oats, 35 grams of dextrose, and 2 slices of bread during the day. I'm cutting and atleast 20 lbs heavier than you and I wouldn't be able to cut on that many carbs.

Try what you have out, if it doesnt work then cut out the phosphagen and a cup or so of the oats and go from there.

kevowamo
08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
yea, get rid of those carbs and sub in some protein-rich foods. you're gonna need it

beachmuscles
08-19-2008, 11:16 AM
The only way to know if this will work is going to be to try it out, but from glancing at it I'd say you need to lower your carbs. You have a total of 3 cups oats, 35 grams of dextrose, and 2 slices of bread during the day. I'm cutting and atleast 20 lbs heavier than you and I wouldn't be able to cut on that many carbs.

Try what you have out, if it doesnt work then cut out the phosphagen and a cup or so of the oats and go from there.

Where should I take carbs out of? It's about 250g on workout days, and 200g on off days. If I remove the phosphagen which I want to my PWO shake only has 35g carbs, I'd like to have more than that, but what can I replace it with?

jAy_Dub
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Where should I take carbs out of? It's about 250g on workout days, and 200g on off days. If I remove the phosphagen which I want to my PWO shake only has 35g carbs, I'd like to have more than that, but what can I replace it with?

What I would do is instead of having 3/4 cup oats, I'd replace that with 1/2 cup. That would eliminate a whole cup of oats right there since you have them 4 times a day.

I didnt even notice you on/off days. I just read your on day. Like I said though, try out what you have first for a couple weeks, if you dont like how much weight your losing THEN change it up. But if it works starting out then no reason to change it.