PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I gain weight?

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I mean, I eat 3-6 meals a day, have a musclemilk shake before my workout, i lift, yet I can't gain weight. Can you guys help me develop a schedule/meal plan so I can gain weight, because I'm stuck at 125lbs, and I want to move up beyond it, far beyond it!

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 12:33 PM
What do you eat?How many calories?

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 12:34 PM
At least the normal 2000 recommended amount, perhaps more.

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay,I read your log and made the declaration that you are not eating for size in any way,shape or form.If you have a hard time gaining weight,then you have to allow more fat and calories.More carbs too.Your 125lbs and your eating clean.This is wrong.

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 12:43 PM
So, should i load up on junk food and such, or what should I eat?

markdk86
08-19-2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.tuscandairyfarms.com/images/product_milk_whole.jpg

Drink one of these a day, seriously. At least half a gallon. You will gain weight.

kevowamo
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
theres a possibility for brutal bashing on this one.
if you're "perhaps" eating more than 2000 cals, perhaps 100 people are getting ready to tell you to perhaps eat three times that much. but god forbid the 6 foot, 180 lb guy make that statement

markdk86
08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
So, should i load up on junk food and such, or what should I eat?

No, eat more healthy food. You will feel better and look better. Unless looking like crap is what you want to achieve.

markdk86
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
No, eat more healthy food. You will feel better and look better. Unless looking like crap is what you want to achieve.

Also let me say, some BK and junk won't kill you once in a while.

RhodeHouse
08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
theres a possibility for brutal bashing on this one.
if you're "perhaps" eating more than 2000 cals, perhaps 100 people are getting ready to tell you to perhaps eat three times that much. but god forbid the 6 foot, 180 lb guy make that statement

The 6'4" 320lb dude says, you're 100% right.

If you can't gain weight, you ain't trying very hard at all. Nut up and eat 10x as much as you eat right now. That's the answer.

markdk86
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
The 6'4" 320lb dude says, you're 100% right.

If you can't gain weight, you ain't trying very hard at all. Nut up and eat 10x as much as you eat right now. That's the answer.

In other words, Michael Phelps that ****.

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
In other words, Michael Phelps that ****.

I'm both lol-ing and listening to that statement. Excuse me while I get my chocolate milk on!

:zooms off to the kitchen:

Jorge Sanchez
08-19-2008, 01:08 PM
How long have you been trying to gain weight?

If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough.

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
First.If you are 125,then you need to anything and everything.Anyone who tells you to eat clean to get bigger has obviously never had to overcome such a huge margin.Good food,bad food all has protein and carbs and fat.You want to be full ALL the time.Eat 8x a day if you have to.Your not gonna get fat.Lots of milk,ground beef,pasta,potatoes,bread,chix,eggs(whole).Fast food is great for calories.2 hardees thickburgers and your already over your daily total.And then youll be stronger!WHAT A CONCEPT!This will allow you to move more weight and then youll get bigger!I love this ****!

Lones Green
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
First.If you are 125,then you need to anything and everything.Anyone who tells you to eat clean to get bigger has obviously never had to overcome such a huge margin.Good food,bad food all has protein and carbs and fat.You want to be full ALL the time.Eat 8x a day if you have to.Your not gonna get fat.Lots of milk,ground beef,pasta,potatoes,bread,chix,eggs(whole).Fast food is great for calories.2 hardees thickburgers and your already over your daily total.And then youll be stronger!WHAT A CONCEPT!This will allow you to move more weight and then youll get bigger!I love this ****!

:withstupi:

drink a gallon of gatorade a day. fill up the blender with 4 scoops of muscle milk, bananas, whole milk, oatmeal, olive oil, whatever you can put in there. go to restaurants and eat until you cant eat anymore. pizza buffets, ice cream, CALORIES!!!!!

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Guess when we order pizza tonight i'm gonna eat at least half of it. Wash it down with multiple glasses of milk...should be able to gain a lb or two.

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Now your talkin.I love pizza with milk.Im eatin some sloppy joes tonight.Man food baby!

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 01:28 PM

Guess its true what I once read, eating clean doesnt build muscle, PIZZA DOES!

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 01:34 PM

Your on your way my friend.Just dont listen to these clean freaks who will try to distort your mind with muscle and fiction diets.Or Mens Health for that matter.You dont want to end up lookin like Ashton Kutcher.

Jorge Sanchez
08-19-2008, 01:41 PM

Resistance training and excess calories build muscle. It has nothing to do with eating clean or dirty.

Vicioustorms
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Your on your way my friend.Just dont listen to these clean freaks who will try to distort your mind with muscle and fiction diets.Or Mens Health for that matter.You dont want to end up lookin like Ashton Kutcher.

Yes I agree with that....I won't only eat clean foods, but i will base most of my diet on clean foods, only because I prefer it that way...but i'll still eat pizza and cheesecake:drooling:. Milkkkk, don't get me started i drink about 7 thick glasses a day and i could easily make it 14 or 21 if my parents would buy so much.:drooling:

Tennessee Mike
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes I agree with that....I won't only eat clean foods, but i will base most of my diet on clean foods, only because I prefer it that way...but i'll still eat pizza and cheesecake:drooling:. Milkkkk, don't get me started i drink about 7 thick glasses a day and i could easily make it 14 or 21 if my parents would buy so much.:drooling:

Precisely.You always eat your chix,fish,eggs,etc.But when your 125 and not seeing results you have to eat alot more.So you could eat 30 eggs,6 chix breasts,4 baked potatoes.Or,you could have a Classic triple from Wendy's.I chose the latter.

RedSpikeyThing
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Guess when we order pizza tonight i'm gonna eat at least half of it. Wash it down with multiple glasses of milk...should be able to gain a lb or two.

rinse and repeat for the next 4 months.

Vicioustorms
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Precisely.You always eat your chix,fish,eggs,etc.But when your 125 and not seeing results you have to eat alot more.So you could eat 30 eggs,6 chix breasts,4 baked potatoes.Or,you could have a Classic triple from Wendy's.I chose the latter.

Yes and sometimes I get sick of eating the same foods so then I will choose something that's nice but has alot of calories...like pizza:evillaugh:

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, guess I'll have 3-4 glasses of chocolate milk a day for now and up it later. And EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT!

markdk86
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I want f'in pizza now, god damn cutting...

WillNoble
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
hmmm sounds like what has already been told to you

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=110121

brihead301
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
You should look into getting a gym membership too. Then all those calories will be put to quality use. Pushups and situps ain't gonna do s*** for you.

I'm just going by what I read in your blog.

Jorge Sanchez
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I should add, don't start trying to gain weight before you join a gym. If you pile in the food with nothing but 25lbs DBs, you're just going to get fat.

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
So eat eat eat, but within rational mean? Makes sense!

two milks down, 1 or more to go!

Jorge Sanchez
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
If you overeat without sufficient resistance training (read: more than 25lbs DBs) a large majority of the weight you gain will be fat. In other words, get your ass under something heavy - get to a gym, buy an olympic weight set, lift small cars, do something.

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Could furniture work, given sufficent space?

WillNoble
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
join......a........gym

Ben Moore
08-19-2008, 02:59 PM
join......a........gym

So, what are you saying here?

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
join......a........gym

Hey, Im going back to school next week, so hopefully they will have resolved the whole Y problem and I can go there on the school's membership. If not, ill just save up to get my own.

JRider23
08-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I am also pretty skinny. i have some muscle in my arms and legs, but there's no mass. i am in kind of a similar situation as you, just not as small/skinny. i am 16 years old, 5'8 or 5'9, and i weigh 140. i want to gain muscle opposed to weight because i play soccer, but a few extra pounds wouldn't hurt. do you have any suggestions for putting on extra muscle and in turn gaining weight? sorry i am asking this in this thread, but it seemed similar to your question.

Killa Kurt
08-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Drink a gallon+ of whole milk a day. Slam shakes and food and youll gain weight....it's a simple formula.

KarstenDD
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Eat everything. Then eat some more.

Dkalban
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I am also pretty skinny. i have some muscle in my arms and legs, but there's no mass. i am in kind of a similar situation as you, just not as small/skinny. i am 16 years old, 5'8 or 5'9, and i weigh 140. i want to gain muscle opposed to weight because i play soccer, but a few extra pounds wouldn't hurt. do you have any suggestions for putting on extra muscle and in turn gaining weight? sorry i am asking this in this thread, but it seemed similar to your question.

If anything, you and I are in the same boat, except I'm older and more underweight :)

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Had a huge breakfast today: turkey wrap, a corn muffin, a bananna apple juice and an ensure, along with a multi and fishoil capsules. Is that a big meal (for me) or what?

Tennessee Mike
08-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Thats not bad.But remember to allow more highly caloric foods.

Unreal
08-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Depends on how big the turkey wrap was. It better have plenty of mayo, and butter on the muffin. A turkey wrap should be 1/2lb turkey, a few slices of cheese, avocado, mayo, and then some extras.

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Depends on how big the turkey wrap was. It better have plenty of mayo, and butter on the muffin. A turkey wrap should be 1/2lb turkey, a few slices of cheese, avocado, mayo, and then some extras.

1. It was turkey and mustard, maybe 1/3 lb
2. No butter, but it's one of those muffin "tops" so it's bigger (and flatter) than an avg muffin.

Phenom
08-20-2008, 07:50 AM
CARBS!!

Protein and fats are important too but I really saw a weight increase when I started going carb crazy.

JRider23
08-20-2008, 08:51 AM
If anything, you and I are in the same boat, except I'm older and more underweight :)

yeah man... but doesn't the fat take away from the muscle?

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM
yeah man... but doesn't the fat take away from the muscle?

Im only 3 years older than you! :mad: ANd you got 15 lbs on me :mad::mad:

Jorge Sanchez
08-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Stop drinking Ensure. It's a waste of money. Buy some whey and blend if up with some oats, milk, bananas, peanut butter, and there you have your own cheap and healthy weight gainer.

Detard
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I agree with Jorge. Stop drinking that bitch drink. How many calories are in a single ensure?

I dont know why you keep talking about drinking chocolate milk. If anything you should be drinking whole milk, with protein, chocolate syrup, olive oil, and flax oil...

Maybe even some engine oil too.:hide:

markdk86
08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I really wish I had trouble gaining weight so I could eat all freakin day.

yankeekd25
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Have what I'm having right now... a huge ass bowl of Chinese General Tso's Chicken and chicken fried rice. Gotta be at least 1200 cals in the serving.

These are your friends too.

http://www.bargainist.com/deals/images/2007/04/burrito.jpg

http://joe.siegler.net/images/chipotle.gif

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I agree with Jorge. Stop drinking that bitch drink. How many calories are in a single ensure?

I dont know why you keep talking about drinking chocolate milk. If anything you should be drinking whole milk, with protein, chocolate syrup, olive oil, and flax oil...

Maybe even some engine oil too.:hide:

I get the poweder, milk and chocolate syrup, but olive oil? how does it affect the taste?

AJ_H
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Your training isn't that good yet because all you have are 25lb dumbbells.

Lay off the food for the time being otherwise any weight you gain'll be fat. When you get some decent weight, then eat a **** load.

yankeekd25
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I get the poweder, milk and chocolate syrup, but olive oil? how does it affect the taste?

Olive oil doesn't affect the taste all when you throw everything into a blender. At first it may affect the way your digestive system works though :fart::(

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Your training isn't that good yet because all you have are 25lb dumbbells.

Lay off the food for the time being otherwise any weight you gain'll be fat. When you get some decent weight, then eat a **** load.

I dont even have those yet, the 15s are still doing decent for me. Ok, ill lay off except for the three main meals.

AJ_H
08-20-2008, 03:50 PM
the 15s are still doing decent for me.

then your probably not pushing hard enough. In the meantime: go to the junkyard and lift some cars.

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
then your probably not pushing hard enough. In the meantime: go to the junkyard and lift some cars.

How am I not pushing hard enough?

Killa Kurt
08-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I nominate OP for the Bako Shake program.

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I nominate OP for the Bako Shake program.

I actually got that off the forums last night, why havent i thought of that????

Need to get the ingrediants first. How does it taste?

Tennessee Mike
08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Dont get overwhelmed with conflicting advice.Chocolate milk is fine.Ensure is fine if its a snack.Everyone has an opinion about whats good or bad.The point is to keep yourself full,keep your protein high,and eat more than you need.The fact that your trying and asking questions is a big plus.But the time will come to stop talking and start doing it.

Tennessee Mike
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Have what I'm having right now... a huge ass bowl of Chinese General Tso's Chicken and chicken fried rice. Gotta be at least 1200 cals in the serving.

These are your friends too.

http://joe.siegler.net/images/chipotle.gif

General Tso chix is the greatest food ever!Excellent choice

Detard
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
We add olive oil to stuff for extra calories.

Et7786
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
like everyone has said eat whatever you can get your hands on! and eat at least 6 meals a day... and a turkey sandwhich and chips isnt a meal just so you know... like stated above eat good whole foods... at least 3000 calories a day (AT LEAST)... YOUR NOT GOING TO GET FAT!

Dkalban
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Dont get overwhelmed with conflicting advice.Chocolate milk is fine.Ensure is fine if its a snack.Everyone has an opinion about whats good or bad.The point is to keep yourself full,keep your protein high,and eat more than you need.The fact that your trying and asking questions is a big plus.But the time will come to stop talking and start doing it.

Got ya! Thanks for the confidence booster.

Killa Kurt
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
We add olive oil to stuff for extra calories.

If you use peanut butter in your shakes the olive oil also helps break it up.

Mike G
08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
If you use peanut butter in your shakes the olive oil also helps break it up.

I mixed up a shake for work the night before once and the oil solidified in the fridge and was pretty nasty to drink:tuttut:. Clumps of hardened oil mixed with milk and Nitrean kinda ruins the taste of the Nitrean:drooling:. I've only had it happen once, but that once has kept me from putting oil in my shake the night before.:hello:

yankeekd25
08-21-2008, 08:22 PM
General Tso chix is the greatest food ever!Excellent choice

Today was a great day. I had both General Tso's and a Chipotle Burrito. I was in food heavennnnnnnnnnn:micro::hump: